DollarBreak goal is to empower Readers to make better financial decisions. This post may contain affiliate links from our partners who share the same vision. Disclosure.
You probably already know that there are 18 quick and legitimate ways to earn money with Swagbucks.
However, Swagbucks is not the only player in the game. There are many Swagbucks alternatives for earning extra income.
In fact, during my research, I found over 150 sites like Swagbucks!
The only problem is that most of them do not come even close to matching Swagbucks’ earning potential. Fortunately, I have come up with the top 7 Swagbucks alternatives (+2 bonus sites) to avoid you wasting your time.
Let’s see what they are…
9 Sites like Swagbucks:
1. Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is on the list because it is the biggest survey website out there with 10 million active members. It’s free to join, and you mainly earn points for completing online surveys.
Each survey is worth 200 – 7500 points, which is equivalent to $2 – $75 per survey.
Additional ways to earn points with Survey Junkie:
- Sign up – 25 Points
- Complete your profile – 50 Points
- Confirm Your Email – 25 Points
- Take a “How it Works” tour – 5 Points
- Not qualified for survey – 3 Points
You can cash out your points by transferring money to PayPal, your bank account or by choosing an e-gift card as soon as you reach 1000 points ($10).
Not into just filling out surveys? Read on…
MyPoints’ site is extremely similar to Swagbucks’ because it’s owned by the same parent company, Prodege LLC. Still, it’s worth trying this alternative.
MyPoints is probably the oldest rewards website, as it started up in 1996. For every 700 points you earn, you receive a $5 credit towards your chosen gift card. A total of 3500 points or $25 is required if you want to cash out via PayPal.
Interestingly enough, MyPoints also gives you the option of swapping your points for airline miles if you have a United MileagePlus account.
There are 11 ways to earn points with MyPoints:
- Shop online – over 1900 retailers to choose from
- Find Local Deals – discounts on Groupon and LivingSocial vouchers
- Read emails – earn 5 points per email
- Share your opinion – earn up to 400 points
- Watch videos – up to 500 points for each playlist
- Discover content – find new earning opportunities
- Find deals – at the moment MyPoints has deals worth 50,000 points
- Search the web – use the Yahoo search engine and receive up to 170 points randomly
- Print coupons – save money on groceries
- Play games – spend money playing games and receive 8 points for each $1 spent
- Refer friends – earn 10% of your friends’ qualifying points
All those points can also be earned on your Android or iOS mobile apps.
3. Vindale Research
Vindale Research is an online market research panel that gives you $1 simply for signing up. They are trusted by global brands, including Amazon, Netflix and Disney.
You can earn between $0.50 and $2 for completing traditional marketing surveys, but some surveys even reach the maximum payout of $50!
There are no points, just cash in your account.
You have to reach $50 in order to withdraw money via a PayPal account. This minimum amount may seem high compared to the amounts used by other platforms, but there are extra ways to earn money as a Vindale Research member:
- Refer friends – $5 for each friend brought to the platform
- Watch videos – $0.05 per 1-minute video
- Open emails – $0.10 for each interaction with advertisers’ emails
- Earn rewards via codes – $0.10 for challenges and polls conducted throughout the week
- Member photos – $5 for submitting your photo to confirm that Vindale has paid you your first payment (when you receive it)
Occasionally, skip scrolling throughout your Facebook or Instagram feed and spend time with Vindale Research instead and those small amounts will gradually add up 🙂.
Paidviewpoint surveys are short, and they pay up to $2 a survey.
Unlike the Swagbucks site, this site does not have a survey disqualification award. So, once you are invited to fill in a survey, you will get promised amount of cash.
It’s worth mentioning that they use the patent-pending Trustscore for their surveys.
Trustscore was invented to monitor the behavior of people taking surveys. People who answer quickly and do not take the time to read the questions will most likely not be invited to participate in many surveys.
Take the time to genuinely answer the surveys, and you will qualify for more surveys and earn more money.
Once your account balance reaches $15, you can collect your earnings via PayPal.
Ready for more?
Prolific surveys come from 3000 researchers and 500 academic institutions, making these surveys more interesting than the run-of-the-mill surveys concerning your occupation or income typically found on Swagbucks.
Prolific states that you will be paid a minimum of $6.50 per hour. So, if your survey takes 10 minutes to complete, you will earn at least $1.08.
Plus, you need to reach only $6 in order to cash out your earnings via PayPal.
From my experience, you will get around 2-5 surveys per week, so you will not become rich from this website alone, but it can definitely help you earn some pocket money.
Zoombucks explains in simple terms how their platform works:
- Brands seek engagement
- Zoombucks recruits members
- The two meet online
In order for Zoombucks to achieve its primary objection, it asks its users to:
- Answer surveys – for 100 to 1100 points
- Download and test apps – for example, install, login and complete a short tutorial for 200 points
- Watch videos – 7 points per video
- Invite friends – 250 points
- Accept offers – for example, sign up for a free Amazon prime trial and get 1039.5 points
The nice thing about Zoombucks is that the minimum payout is only $3 (3000 points) for a gift card or through PayPal.
Give Zoombucks a try today and supplement your income!
Want something very much like Swagbucks? Try…
PrizeRebel is a trusted survey site that has been in operation since 2007. It is very similar to Swagbucks in terms of the rewards available.
Rewards for each task vary from 2 to 200 points. Here is the full list of how you can earn rewards on PrizeRebel:
- Answer surveys
- Join daily challenges
- Watch videos
- Enter contests & raffles
- Draw lucky numbers
- Find promo codes on offer walls
- Install PrizeRebel browser extension
- Refer friends
- Achieve membership tiers
- Test apps
As soon as you earn 1000 points, you automatically reach the Silver level, after which the minimum payout becomes only 200 points ($2) for an e-gift card from, for example, Amazon or 500 points ($5) via PayPal.
Like to shop and save money? Read on!
8. Rakuten (Bonus Site)
Rakuten is similar to Swagbucks’ shopping category. It’s also definitely one of most popular cashback websites out there.
To date, over 12 million Rakuten members have earned more than $1.7 billion collectively in cashbacks!
So how did they do it?
- Rakuten offers a cashback card with an extra 3% cashback included
- The Rakuten Button Extension is available for finding the best deals while shopping online
- Cashbacks are offered by more than 2500 stores
- Get cashback when you shop in-store at your favorite retailer
- Coupons are discounted up to 72%
- Some stores have cashback sales, where they double your savings
- Even when you book flights, hotel or car for your holidays, you can get cashback!
It gets better!
Refer your friends and get $25 once they make their first purchase via the Rakuten.com website. Plus, your friends will each receive a $10 bonus.
I don’t know how I shopped all those years without Rakuten…
Anyways, rewards can be redeemed via PayPal (minimum of $5) or a check (min $5) can be sent to your home address.
9. BeFrugal (Bonus Site)
BeFrugal goes toe-to-toe with Swagbucks and Rakuten in the shopping category.
You can shop online, claim coupons for restaurants, hunt for daily deals or earn cashbacks of up to 40% for online purchases at over 5,000 stores!
For example: “Buy 1, Get 1 Quarter Pounder or Egg McMuffin at McDonald’s.”
In addition, you get $10 for every friend you refer to the BeFrugal as soon as they earn $10 in cashback.
Clear your cashback via PayPal (min $0.01), direct deposit in your bank account (min $0.01) or check (min $25).
Consider Swagbucks Alternatives
These are all great Swagbucks alternatives. I recommend signing up with at least a few of them to maximize the number of surveys you receive to fill out or the deals you receive while shopping online.
If you have not read it already, here is a link to the full Swagbucks review: Swagbucks Review: 18 Legit and Quick Ways to Earn Money .