DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Best Delivery Driver Jobs
Experienced delivery drivers can earn up to $21 per hour ($13 on average)
Choose when you want to work based on your schedule in 1000 cities
Delivery snacks, drinks, grocery, quick meals, cleaning supplies and more
Earn $25 per hour plus keep 100% of your tips (4000 cities in USA)
You can use any mode of transportation: your car, bicycle or motorcycle
You have the freedom to pick and choose which orders you want to accept
27 Best Delivery Driver Jobs
DoorDash is a platform that provides food delivery services from various local restaurants to customers. Becoming a Dasher and delivering food with DoorDash can be one of the highest-paying food delivery driver jobs available.
The steps to becoming a Dasher include:
- Sign up to become a Dasher on the company’s website
- Schedule your Dasher orientation meeting at DoorDash office where you’ll do the following:
- Listen to a quick presentation of how the app works
- Sign a tax form
- Pick up DoorDash branded shirt, a prepaid shopping card and insulated bags to deliver hot products.
- Complete sign up by passing the basic background check.
- Get the Dasher app (for Android or iOS) and start earning money as a delivery driver.
DoorDash allows you to fulfil deliveries using a car, bike, scooter or motorcycle. Working with DoorDash, you can expect to earn between Up to $25 plus tips an hour, totalling around $1,000 weekly.
GoPuff is a platform that provides delivery services for essential goods like cleaning supplies, groceries, snacks and others on demand.
If you want to become a delivery driver for GoPuff, you need to:
- Sign up and fill out your contact information on the company’s website
- Next, provide detailed information about yourself and pass a basic background check. You should also upload photos of your car and required documents, such as car insurance
- Once the GoPuff recruiters approve your application, they’ll invite you for an onboarding meeting. You’ll listen to a presentation about the company and best practices to increase your earnings during this meeting. You will also sign the agreement and fill the tax form
- Download the GoPuff app on your iPhone or Android smartphone and you can start delivering orders on the platform
As a delivery driver with GoPuff, you can earn up to $21 plus tips per hour.
Grubhub allows its customers to order food from their favorite restaurants and get them delivered at their doorsteps. You can sign up to become a delivery driver with GrubHub as a way to earn some extra cash.
To sign up for food delivery driver jobs with GrubHub, simply:
- Apply online on GrubHub website or using an app (for Android or iOS)
- Pass a criminal background check
- Access onboarding meeting covering the app functionality, scheduling, deliveries, etc.
- Sign the agreement and tax form
- Get car decals, warming bags and more from Grubhub
Delivering with GrubHub you can earn on average $15 per hour.
Instacart is an on-demand grocery delivery platform that offers one of the best delivery driver jobs on the market. As an Instacart delivery driver, your job involves visiting grocery stores to help customers purchase their orders and then delivering them to customers’ addresses.
Here’s how to get a job as a delivery driver for Instacart:
- Sign up as an Instacart full-service shopper on the company’s website
- Download the Shopper app for Android or iOS to complete your sign up and start your background check process
- Pass a background check and get approved
- Fill out the paperwork. You need to sign an independent contractor agreement and W-9 tax form
You can earn on average $1,500 per week as a full-service delivery driver. In addition, you can also keep 100% of all tips you receive. Thus, you can boost your earnings on the platform by providing superb customer service.
Shipt is a US-based on-demand delivery service provider for groceries and household essentials.
To become a delivery driver with Shipt, you will need to:
- Sign up as a Shipt shopper on the company’s website and answer simple questions that will show your communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Submit video responses showing your communication skills and familiarity with mobile apps
- Sign the Shipt Shopper agreement
- Once you get approved, download the Shipt app (for Android and iOS) to start delivering orders
With Shipt you can earn $22 per hour, plus you get to keep 100% of customer tips. Do note that you will need to be at least 18 and own a 1997 or newer vehicle to become a delivery driver with Shipt. You must also be able to lift at least 40 pounds since some larger orders may require heavy lifting.
Roadie is a platform that connects delivery drivers with people who need help getting their packages from one place to another.
Here’s how you can sign up for delivery driver jobs with Roadie:
- Sign up as a driver
- Download a Roadie app on your iPhone or Android
- Pick a gig from the ‘delivery jobs near me’ tab and get matched to a sender
- Follow the instructions described in the gig to pick up and deliver the package
- Once you deliver the order, you’ll get paid
With Roadie, you can earn on average $60 per delivery. According to the company, you can stand to earn up to $650 for larger deliveries.
Amazon offers one of the best delivery driver apps that will enable you to start your very own package delivery business as a delivery service partner. As a delivery service partner, you can own up to 40 delivery trucks and employ up to 100 employees.
The platform also offers several payment structures, including:
- Fixed monthly rate depending on the number of your vans operating for Amazon
- A route rate depending on how long your route is
- A per-package rate depending on your number of successful deliveries
However, do note that to become an Amazon delivery service partner, you will need to have $30,000 in net liquid assets, as well as enough money to pay an estimated start-up cost of $10,000. Nonetheless, according to the company, you can stand to earn between $70,000 to $300,000 annually, making it a good investment.
Roadie is an on-demand delivery driver app that connects delivery drivers with people who need to transport a package from one location to another. The platform is designed as a way to help drivers earn some extra cash on a trip that they are already making.
According to the company, you can earn an average of $15 for local trips. You can also take on 2 to 3 delivery per trip heading in the same direction to maximize your earnings.
PickUp is a great platform that offers delivery driver jobs that enable you to earn between $25 to $50 per hour. The platform provides on-demand, same-day pickup and delivery services.
However, do note that you will need to have some special equipment, including:
- 4 large moving blankets measuring 72”x80”
- 4 ratchet straps with a minimum length of 1”x15’
- 2 protective tarps with a minimum of 11’x7’ for open bed trucks
- 2 or 4 wheel furniture dolly that can be folded
- Stretch wrap with a minimum measurement of 18”x1500’
- Basic tool kit
Nonetheless, if you already possess this equipment, PickUp is one of the best delivery driver apps that you can use to make money with a truck.
Postmates is an on-demand delivery service provider for food and groceries. If you are looking for a job as a delivery driver, Postmates is one of the best platforms you can work for.
Here’s how to get a job as a delivery driver for Postmates step-by-step:
- Sign up for the Postmates Fleet on the company’s website
- Pass a basic background check providing documents, such as diplomas, employment history and criminal records
- Let Postmates review your application
- Once you’re approved to join Postmates Fleet, you will receive a delivery bag and a prepaid card by mail. At this point, you’re ready to start delivering
In general, you can expect to earn around $1,500 weekly as a delivery driver with Postmates.
As Eaze helps licensed retailers deliver cannabis, you must be at least 21 years old to get accepted as a driver. As a delivery driver with Eaze, you will not be an employee but an independent contractor. The platform connects you with cannabis retailers in your area that need delivery services.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting a job as Eaze delivery driver:
- Apply to become a driver on the company’s website
- Pass a criminal background check
- Let Eaze match you with licensed retailers
Eaze lets you earn on average $17 per hour.
Amazon Flex gives you an opportunity to earn money by delivering Amazon orders to customers’ doorsteps.
Becoming an Amazon Flex delivery driver is simple:
- Sign up for Amazon Flex driver
- Choose the service area where you’ll pick up and deliver Amazon packages
- Provide tax and payment details
- Download the Amazon Flex app (for Android and iOS) to find the orders
- Get approved and start delivering
As Amazon Flex delivery driver, you can earn on average $18-25 per hour, meaning that you could potentially earn more than $1,000 weekly.
Favor Delivery is one of the top food delivery platforms based in the US. You can sign up for delivery driver jobs on the platform. Delivery drivers with Favor Delivery are known as Runners.
To become a Runner, simply follow these steps:
- Fill out a Runner application indicating basic information, such as your name and contact info
- Pass a quick background check
- Schedule an orientation meeting, which takes about 45 minutes to an hour. During this orientation, you’ll learn tips and tricks from top-earning runners so you start your delivery career on the right path. Don’t forget to take your driver’s license and direct deposit information with you, because you’ll do the paperwork as well.
- Download the Runner app on your iPhone or Android and start accepting orders.
Favor Delivery pays between $10 to $18 per hour.
- It is great for jobs in the same area when techs are close by – It provides real-time notifications
- Customers are notified about the tech that will be working on their projects and when they will arrive
- It is easy to work with because of the automated functions and the mobile application
- Your business can grow with it from the $99 subscription to $299
Dispatch is a hugely popular platform that provides on-demand delivery services to businesses. In order to get a job as a Dispatch delivery driver, you should:
- First, select the city you’re interested in delivering
- After you select your city and click on view, you should fill out your contact information and submit your application.
- The next step is to provide detailed information about yourself and pass a basic background check. You should also upload photos of your car and required documents, such as car insurance.
Once the Dispatch team approves your application, they’ll invite you for an onboarding meeting. You’ll listen to a presentation about the company and best practices to increase your earnings during this meeting. You will also need to sign the agreement and fill the tax form.
Dispatch lets you earn on average $14 per hour.
Saucey provides alcohol delivery services nationwide. In order to become a Saucey delivery driver, you need to be at least 21 years old.
Here’s how to get started:
- Download the Saucey courier app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Sign up for the app and verify your identity
- Once you’re approved as a Saucey courier, you’ll start getting orders that you can deliver to earn some extra cash
As a delivery driver with Saucey, you can earn up to $10 per hour or more.
Uber Eats is a food delivery service provided by Uber. You can join the platform as a delivery driver to earn some extra cash. The platform allows almost anyone to join and start delivering food. In general, most delivery drivers on the platform deliver by car, although you can delivery on foot or on bike in some cities.
Becoming a delivery driver for Uber Eats is relatively simple:
- Sign up as a driver on the company’s website
- Pass a screening process and upload required documents along with your photo
- Get approved and start accepting orders to deliver.
As a delivery driver with Uber Eats, you can earn between $8 to $12 per hour, plus tips.
BiteSquad, operated by Delivery Logistics, is a platform connecting independent contractor drivers to companies who need delivery services.
To become a BiteSquad delivery driver, you need to:
- Sign up and fill out your contact information.
- Next, you’ll be redirected to a page to provide detailed information about yourself and pass a basic background check. You should also upload photos of your car and required documents, such as car insurance.
- Once the Delivery Logistics recruiters approve your application, they’ll invite you for an onboarding meeting. You’ll listen to a presentation about the company and best practices to increase your earnings during this meeting. You will also sign the agreement and fill up the tax form.
With BiteSquad you can expect to earn on average $11 per hour.
Drizly is an on-demand delivery company that fulfils alcohol orders from various different retailers. Unlike other delivery service providers, such as Instacart or Postmates, Drizly doesn’t allow you to work as an independent contractor.
Instead, the platform connects delivery drivers to liquor retailers. Thus, the delivery driver jobs are not provided directly by Drizly but by specific stores.
To become a delivery driver with Drizly, start by:
- Finding a Drizly partner retailer near you
- Contact the store via phone, email or visit in person and ask if they’re hiring Drizly drivers
- If they are, ask how to apply and submit your application
Since you’ll be hired by a particular liquor retailer, the platform does not have a fixed rate of pay. Instead, your potential earnings will depend on the individual retailer and you will be able to negotiate it during the interview. On average, you can earn between $10 to $15 per hour, delivering with Drizly.
Peach is a platform that offers daily lunch delivery services. If you want to work with Peach as a delivery driver, you need to:
- Start by downloading the Peach app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Then, sign up as a driver within the app and fill out any required information and verify your identity
- Once you get approved as a Peach partner driver, you’ll start getting requests that you can accept and deliver
As a delivery driver with Peach, you can expect to earn between $30 to $55 per hour.
DeliverThat is one of the best food delivery services allowing customers to order food from various restaurants. The platform offers some of the highest paying food delivery driver jobs on the market.
To become a delivery driver for DeliverThat, start by:
- Selecting your state, city and type of orders you’d like to deliver (Catering or Take-out)
- Next, submit the required information about you and your vehicle to complete your application
- Pass the driver screening procedure
- Purchase delivery bags to maintain food quality during transportation
On average, DeliverThat drivers can earn $15 per delivery for small, take-out deliveries and $25 per delivery for large, catering deliveries.
Burpy is a great platform that provides same-day grocery delivery services to its customers. The platform also offers delivery driver jobs that anyone can do to earn extra cash.
To apply as a delivery driver for Burpy, follow the steps below:
- Submit an online application
- Pass the background check
- Pass the training session to start your delivery driver career on the right path
- Schedule and attend an interview with Burpy recruiter
- Get approved and start shopping
As a delivery driver with Burpy, you can expect to earn up to $25 per hour.
GoShare connects truck drivers on-demand to people who need help to deliver large items like furniture and home appliances or need help moving. The amount you can earn will vary based on the type of vehicle that you use to carry out deliveries.
|Type of the vehicle||Average earnings per hour|
|Cars, SUVs, Minivans||$36 – $42|
|Standard Pickup Truck||$46 – $52|
|Large Pickup Truck||$56 – $60|
|Full-Sized Cargo Van||$63 – $71|
To become a GoShare driver, simply follow the steps below:
- Download the GoShare app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Submit the online application
- Watch the orientation video provided after you sign up
- Pass vehicle inspection
- Pass background check
Grabr is somewhat different from the other platforms on this list. The platform does not technically offer delivery driver jobs. Instead, you can earn money by helping people buy things from other countries when you travel there on vacation. According to the company, you can stand to earn up to $200 or more per trip.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to start earning as a Grabr traveler:
- Add the details of your next trip, such as dates and destination
- Verify your phone number and set up your payout method
- Upload your passport to Grabr in order to verify your identity
- Browse for available orders listed on Grabr platform and make offers
- Buy the requested item and contact your shopper to update them
- Finally, meet your shopper to deliver the item and receive your payment
FedEx Local Delivery Driver
FedEx is an American shipping company that provides package delivery services nationwide. Follow the simple steps below to apply to local delivery driver jobs at FedEx:
- Find a job that suits your location, skills and vehicle type the best
- Fill out the online application form
- Schedule an interview
- Pass a drug test
- Pass a background check for criminal record
As a FedEx local delivery driver, you can earn up to $17 per hour or more.
UPS Delivery Driver
UPS is one of the largest American parcel delivery and supply chain companies. To become a UPS delivery driver, you need to:
- Choose what type of driver you want to be: package delivery driver (by car), tractor or trailer driver, freight driver.
- Apply online for a UPS delivery driver position
- Schedule an interview
As a UPS delivery driver, you can earn around $30 per hour at the start. In addition, your pay can also increase to up to $37 per hour with 4 years of experience or more, making this one of the best delivery drivers jobs you can get.
Dominos Delivery Driver
Domino’s Pizza is one of the most popular American pizza chains, that also provides a delivery service. To apply for a job as Domino’s delivery driver, you need to:
- Fill out the online application or one of Domino’s restaurants
- Pass a basic background check for criminal record
- Visit the Domino’s office for onboarding procedures, including signing the agreement.
With Dominos you can expect to earn between $12 to $20 per hour. Plus, you also get to keep 100% of all tips from customers. Thus, you can earn up to $1000 or more per week delivering with Domino’s.
EatStreet is a well-known food delivery platform that also offers food delivery driver jobs. The platform’s flexible scheduling feature also enables you to work whenever you want. Thus, you can take on a job as a delivery driver on a full-time basis, or simply do it as a side hustle.
New delivery drivers on the platform also get a $50 bonus after completing 20 deliveries and a $200 bonus after completing 200 deliveries. These incentives are a great way to boost your earnings on the platform.
In addition, the delivery driver app also offers one of the highest payouts on the market, with food delivery drivers having the potential to earn between $17 to $30 per hour. Plus, you also get to keep 100% of all customer tips.
Alternatives to Delivery Driver Jobs
Although Lyft does not offer delivery driver jobs, the platform offers one of the best alternatives in the form of rideshare driver jobs.
Unlike delivery drivers whose jobs are to transport cargo, food and/or packages from one location to another, your job as a rideshare driver would involve transporting people from one location to another. On average, you can earn between $20 to $28 per hour as a rideshare driver with Lyft after subtracting maintenance and fuel costs.
In addition, you also get to enjoy flexible working hours. You can maximize your earnings by working exclusively during peak hours from 7am to 9am and 6pm to 9pm, making it one of the best alternatives to delivery driver jobs.
Uber is one of the most well-known and popular ridesharing apps in the US and around the world. If you cannot find a suitable delivery driver job but would still like to make money using your car, then becoming a rideshare driver with Uber is a great option.
As an uber driver, you have one of the highest-earning potentials compared to the other delivery driver jobs on this list. By driving for around 50 hours per week, you can stand to earn up to $1034 or more.
The company also makes payments 5 times per week, so you won’t have to worry about waiting too long to receive your earnings.
How Much Do Delivery Drivers Make a Day?
On average, delivery drivers make $82 – $114 per day. However, this amount may vary depending on the delivery company you partner with.
You can refer to the average pay rates featured in this article to find out how much you can potentially earn by working as a delivery driver.
How to Become a Delivery Driver?
The exact requirements to become a delivery driver will vary based on the specific platform you choose to work with. Nonetheless, there are some general requirements that apply to most delivery driver jobs in general.
Some of these general requirements include:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Own a vehicle that is insured
- Provide a clear criminal record
- Have an up-to-date iPhone or Android smartphone
Be sure to check with the particular platform on what their requirements are to become a delivery driver, as they may vary.
Is It Dangerous to be a Delivery Driver?
The biggest danger delivery drivers face is road accidents. Especially people who deliver on bikes or mopeds are at risk of getting severe injuries caused by accidents. However, accidents are covered by your insurance.
On occasion, there are more extreme dangers that delivery drivers may experience, like robbery. Nonetheless, you should not be too concerned about these since they generally don’t occur very frequently.
How to Become The World’s Best Delivery Driver?
Here are some tips to become better at your job as a delivery driver:
- Be friendly and communicate with your customer when necessary. For example, notify them you’ll be late when you’re stuck in traffic.
- Be a safe driver and try to lower your stress while you’re stuck in traffic not to let road rage take over. Most employers only recruit delivery drivers with clean driving records, so make sure you keep clean.
- Plan your routes efficiently to fulfil as many orders as possible throughout the day.
- Be patient – you will have to wait for restaurants to prepare orders or your customers to come to the door. Either way, keep calm.
- Be attentive and make sure nothing smooshes, breaks, spills or leaks during transportation.
Which Delivery Jobs Pay The Most?
There are many platforms offering delivery driver jobs. However, when it comes to which delivery company pays the most to drivers, Peach is a clear winner. Peach offers the highest hourly payout of $30 to $55 per hour. If you work consistently and average 40 hours per week, you can earn between $4,800 to $8,800 monthly.
Nonetheless, Peach may not be available in all cities around the US. Thus, you may also want to consider joining a platform like Instacart or DoorDash that is available in most cities in the US.
Do note that when you work with delivery companies, you’re an independent contractor. Thus, your total earnings depend on you and might vary based on how many orders you fulfil daily.