DollarBreak goal is to empower readers to make better financial decisions. This post may contain affiliate links from our partners who share the same vision. Disclosure.
Did you know that as a delivery driver, you could make around $82 – $114 per day?
In fact, the projected growth in delivery driver employment from 2019 to 2029 is 5% while the average growth rate for all other occupations is 4%.
As someone looking for a job opportunity, owning a car, you might be wondering, if becoming a delivery driver is really worth it.
If making around $1,000 per week delivering orders sounds good, you are in the right place. This list of 28 delivery companies will help you choose the best opportunity for you and jump into this lucrative career.
How Much do Delivery Drivers Make a Day?
On average, delivery drivers make $82 – $114 per day. However, this amount may vary depending on the delivery company you partner with.
Check out this article to discover how much each of 24 delivery companies offer you for delivering orders.
Best Gig Economy Jobs
$1 sign up bonus
$0.50-$3 on average per survey + Branded Elite Program – extra points for active members
Average survey length is 15 min and minimum payout is $10
Work on your own schedule – use your day however you want
Earn min $4 per order plus tips from the customers
Make up to $1,500 per week with no extensive experience
How to Become a Delivery Driver?
To become a delivery driver, you need to meet some basic requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Own a vehicle that is insured
- Provide a clear criminal record
- Have an up-to-date iPhone or Android smartphone
If you fulfill the above mentioned requirements, you can register as a delivery driver on a variety of delivery companies.
Is it Dangerous to be a Delivery Driver?
The biggest danger delivery drivers face is the road accidents. Especially people who deliver on bikes or mopeds are at risk of getting severe injuries caused by accidents. However, accidents are covered by your insurance.
Rarely, there are more extreme dangers included, like robbery.
How to Become the World’s Best Delivery Driver?
- Be friendly and communicate with your customer when necessary. For example, notify them you’ll be late when you’re stuck in traffic.
- Be a safe driver and try to lower your stress while you’re stuck in traffic not to let road rage take over. Most employers only recruit delivery drivers with clean driving records, so make sure you keep clean.
- Plan your routes efficiently to fulfil as many orders as possible throughout the day.
- Be patient – you will have to wait for restaurants to prepare orders or your customers to come to the door. Either way, keep calm.
- Be attentive and make sure nothing smooshes, breaks, spills or leaks during transportation.
24 Best Delivery Jobs
Postmates is an on-demand delivery service provider for food and grocery orders. They constantly recruit more drivers for their fleet. How to get a job as a delivery driver for Postmates step-by-step:
- Sign up for the Postmates Fleet.
- Pass a basic background check providing documents, such as diplomas, employment history and criminal records.
- Let Postmates review your application.
- Once you’re approved to join Postmates Fleet, you will receive a delivery bag and a prepaid card by mail. At this point, you’re ready to start delivering.
You can expect to earn around $1,500 weekly.
Instacart provides people with grocery delivery service and they always have an open position for delivery drivers.
Here’s how to get a job as a delivery driver for Instacart:
- Sign up as an Instacart full-service shopper.
- Download the Shopper app for Android or iOS to complete your sign up and start your background check process.
- Pass a background check and get approved.
- Fill out the paperwork. You need to sign an independent contractor agreement and W-9 tax form.
You can earn on average $1,500 per week as a full-service delivery driver.
Shipt is another on-demand delivery service provider. In order to get a delivery driver job at Shipt, follow this step-by-step guide:
- Sign up as a Shipt shopper and answer simple questions that will show your communication, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- “Take a spotlight”. This step is required to show your personality. You’ll need to submit video responses showing your communication skills and familiarity with mobile apps.
- Sign the Shipt Shopper agreement
- Once you get approved, download the Shipt app (for Android and iOS) to start delivering orders.
With Shipt you can earn $22 per hour, totaling $880 weekly + 100% of customer tips.
As Eaze helps licensed retailers deliver cannabis, you must be at least 21 years old to get accepted as a driver. Although Eaze recruits you, it only connects you with retailers and isn’t your employer. You’ll be employed by a licensed local cannabis retailer that uses Eaze technologies to hire drivers like you.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to get a job as Eaze delivery driver:
- Apply to become a driver for licensed cannabis retailers
- Pass a criminal background check
- Let Eaze match you with licensed retailers
Eaze lets you earn on average $17 per hour.
5. Amazon Flex
Amazon Flex gives you an opportunity to earn money while you deliver Amazon orders to customer’s doorsteps.
Becoming Amazon Flex delivery driver is simple:
- Sign up for Amazon Flex driver
- Choose the service area where you’ll pick up and deliver Amazon packages
- Provide tax and payment details
- Download the Amazon Flex app (for Android and iOS) to find the orders
- Get approved and start delivering
As Amazon Flex delivery driver, you can earn on average $18-25 per hour, totaling $1,000 weekly.
DoorDash is providing food delivery service from various local restaurants.
In order to become a Dasher and deliver food orders, you should:
- Sign up as a Dasher
- Schedule your Dasher orientation meeting at DoorDash office where you’ll do the following: 1) Listen to a quick presentation of how the app works. 2) Sign a tax form. 3) Pick up DoorDash branded shirt, a prepaid shopping card and insulated bags to deliver hot products.
- Complete sign up by passing the basic background check.
- Get the Dasher app (for Android or iOS) and start dashing.
DoorDash allows you to fulfil deliveries using car, bike, scooter or motorcycle.
Working with DoorDash, you can expect to earn between $15 – $25 an hour, totaling around $1,000 weekly.
Caviar offers its customers food delivery service from a variety of local restaurants. Caviar orders are delivered by DoorDash. Check out how to become a Dasher in the section above.
8. Favor Delivery
Favor Delivery offers a food delivery service and is recruiting delivery drivers (called Runners) with the following process:
- Fill out a Runner application indicating basic information, such as your name and contact info
- Pass a quick background check
- Schedule orientation meeting, which takes about 45 minutes to an hour. During this orientation, you’ll learn tips and tricks from top-earning runners so you start your delivery career on the right path. Don’t forget to take your driver’s license and direct deposit information with you, because you’ll do the paperwork as well.
- Download the Runner app on your iPhone or Android and start accepting orders.
Favor Delivery pay ranges from $10 to $18 per hour.
Grubhub allows its customers to order food from their favorite restaurants and get them delivered at their doorsteps. Becoming GrubHub delivery driver is simple:
- Apply online on GrubHub website or using an app (for Android or iOS)
- Pass a criminal background check
- Access onboarding meeting covering the app functionality, scheduling, deliveries, etc.
- Sign the agreement and tax form
- Get car decals, warming bags and more from Grubhub
Delivering with GrubHub you can earn on average $11 per hour.
Dispatch provides a delivery service to businesses on-demand. In order to get a job as a Dispatch delivery driver, you should:
- First, select the city you’re interested in delivering
- After you select your city and click on view, you should fill out your contact information and submit your application.
- The next step is to provide detailed information about yourself and pass a basic background check. You should also upload photos of your car and required documents, such as car insurance.
- Once the Dispatch team approves your application, they’ll invite you for an onboarding meeting. You’ll listen to a presentation about the company and best practices to increase your earnings during this meeting. You will also sign the agreement and fill the tax form.
Dispatch lets you earn on average $14 per hour.
Saucey provides alcohol delivery service nationwide. In order to become a Saucey delivery driver, you need to be at least 21 years old.
Here’s how to get started:
- Download the Saucey courier app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Sign up for the app and verify your identity
- Once you’re approved as a Saucey courier, you’ll start getting orders that you need to deliver
Delivering alcohol for Saucey, you can earn on average $10+ per hour.
12. Uber Eats
Uber Eats is a food delivery service provided by Uber. Becoming a delivery driver for Uber Eats simple:
- Sign up as a driver
- Pass a screening process and upload required documents along with your photo
- Get approved and start accepting orders to deliver.
You can deliver orders by bike, scooter or car.
Delivering for Uber Eats you can expect on average $8 – $12 per hour.
13. Go Puff
GoPuff is oriented in delivering essential goods like cleaning supplies, groceries, snacks and others on demand. If you want to become a delivery driver for Go Puff, you need to:
- Sign up and fill out your contact information.
- Next, provide detailed information about yourself and pass a basic background check. You should also upload photos of your car and required documents, such as car insurance.
- Once the Go Puff recruiters approve your application, they’ll invite you for an onboarding meeting. You’ll listen to a presentation about the company and best practices to increase your earnings during this meeting. You will also sign the agreement and fill the tax form.
- Download the Go Puff app on your iPhone or Android smartphone
Go Puff lets you earn on average $13 per hour.
BiteSquad, operated by Delivery Logistics is a platform connecting independent contractor drivers to companies who need delivery services.
To become a Delivery Logistics / BiteSquad delivery driver, you need to:
- Sign up and fill out your contact information.
- Next, you’ll be redirected to a page to provide detailed information about yourself and pass a basic background check. You should also upload photos of your car and required documents, such as car insurance.
- Once the Delivery Logistics recruiters approve your application, they’ll invite you for an onboarding meeting. You’ll listen to a presentation about the company and best practices to increase your earnings during this meeting. You will also sign the agreement and fill the tax form.
With Delivery Logistics you can expect to earn on average $11 per hour.
Drizly is an on-demand delivery company fulfilling alcohol orders from various different retailers. Unlike other delivery service providers, such as Instacart or Postmates, Drizly doesn’t allow you to work as an independent contractor.
What Drizly does is it connects you to retailers. And technically, you aren’t employed by Drizly, but rather by alcohol retailers.
Follow the steps below to become a driver and deliver alcohol via Drizly:
- Find a Drizly partner retailer near you
- Contact the store via phone, email or visit in person and ask if they’re hiring Drizly drivers
- If they do, ask how to apply and submit your application.
As you’ll be hired by a specific store, Drizly doesn’t offer a pricing system to you. Rather your payout will depend on the individual store and negotiated during the interview.
Peach offers busy people the daily lunch delivery service. If you want to work with Peach as a delivery driver, you need to:
- First, download the Peach app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Second, sign up as a driver within the app
- Then fill out any required information and verify your identity
- Once you get approved as a Peach partner driver, you’ll start getting requests that you can accept and deliver
Peach lets you earn from $30 to $55 per hour.
DeliverThat is another food delivery service allowing customers to order food from various restaurants. Follow the steps below to become a delivery driver for DeliverThat:
- Select your state, city and type of orders you’d like to deliver (Catering or Take-out)
- Next, submit the required information about you and your vehicle to complete your application
- Pass the driver screening procedure
- Purchase delivery bags to maintain food quality during transportation
DeliverThat will earn you $15 per delivery for small, take-out deliveries and $25 per delivery for large, catering deliveries.
Burpy provides the same day grocery delivery service to its customers. To apply as a delivery driver for Burpy, follow the steps below:
- Submit the online application
- Pass the background check
- Pass the training session to start your delivery driver career on the right path
- Schedule and attend the interview with Burpy recruiter
- Get approved and start shopping
With Burpy, you can expect to earn up to $25 per hour.
GoShare connects truck drivers on-demand to people who need help to deliver large items like furniture and home appliances or need help moving.
Here’s the list of accepted vehicles and how much you can earn driving each of them:
|Type of the vehicle||Average earnings per hour|
|Cars, SUVs, Minivans (Courier)||$36 – $42|
|Standard Pickup Truck||$46 – $52|
|Large Pickup Truck||$56 – $60|
|Full-Sized Cargo Van||$63 – $71|
To become a GoShare driver, simply follow the steps below:
- Download the GoShare app on your iPhone or Android phone
- Submit the online application
- Watch the orientation video provided after you sign up
- Pass vehicle inspection
- Pass background check
Once you get approved by GoShare, you’ll start getting orders to deliver.
Sometimes people need to handle packages to their friends and family in another city. Roadie connects you with such people and lets you earn money for delivering small to large packages while traveling.
Here’s how to earn money as a Roadie delivery driver:
- Sign up as a driver
- Download a Roadie app on your iPhone or Android
- Choose your gig from ‘delivery jobs near me’ and get matched to a sender
- Follow the instructions described in the gig to pick up and deliver the package
- Once you deliver the order, you’ll get paid
With Roadie you can earn on average $60 /delivery. Roadie advertises that you can earn up to $650 for larger packages and longer delivery distances.
People need to shop for certain items that aren’t sold in their home city/country. Grabr lets you earn money shopping for people when you travel.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to start earning as a Grabr traveler:
- Add the details of your next trip, such as dates and destination
- Verify your phone number and set up your payout method
- Upload your passport to Grabr in order to verify your identity
- Browse for available orders listed on Grabr platform and make offers
- Buy the requested item and contact your shopper to update them
- Finally, meet your shopper to deliver the item and receive your payment
Grabr advertises you can earn over $200 per trip.
22. FedEx Local Delivery Driver
FedEx is an American shipping company, delivering packages nationwide. Follow the simple steps below to apply to a local delivery driver job at FedEx:
- Find a job that suits your location, skills and vehicle type the best
- Fill out the online application form
- Schedule an interview
- Pass a drug test
- Pass a background check for criminal record
As a Fedex local delivery driver, you can earn $17.79 per hour.
23. UPS Delivery Driver
UPS is one of the largest American parcel delivery and supply chain company. To become a UPS delivery driver, you need to:
- Choose what type of driver you want to be: package delivery driver (by car), tractor or trailer driver, freight driver.
- Apply online for a UPS delivery driver position
- Schedule an interview
As a UPS delivery driver, you have an opportunity to earn $30 per hour. After working 4 years as a UPS delivery driver your pay goes up to $37 per hour.
24. Dominos Delivery Driver
Domino’s Pizza is one of the most popular American pizza chan, also providing a delivery service. To apply for a job as Domino’s delivery driver, you need to:
- Fill out the online application or one of Domino’s restaurants
- Pass a basic background check for criminal record
- Visit the Domino’s office for onboarding procedures, including signing the agreement.
With Dominos you can expect to earn $12-20 per hour, totaling $800 weekly, plus 100% of customer tips.
Which Delivery Jobs Pay the Most?
As you can see, there are many companies recruiting delivery drivers. However, when it comes to which delivery company pays the most to drivers, Peach is a clear winner. Peach offers the highest hourly payout of $30 to $55 /hour. If you work consistently, on average 40 hours per week, you can total $4,800 to $8,800 monthly.
Note that when you work with delivery companies, you’re an independent contractor. This means, your total earnings depend on you and might vary based on how many orders you fulfil daily.