DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
- $0.50 on average per survey
- Expect up to 7 surveys per week
- $2.85 for each referred friend
- Redeem rewards in gift cards or PayPal
- $25 minimum payout
- Since 2003, but no BBB accreditation
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Survey Sites
$0.50 – $5 on average per survey with bonus points ($1 sign up bonus)
Average survey length is 10-20 minutes and minimum payout is $5
Collect rewards in PayPal, Direct Deposit or gift cards (100+ brands)
$0.50 to $1.50 per survey – earn up to $100 each month using Swagbucks
18 unique ways to earn money and free gift cards, plus $5 sign up bonus
Redeem e-gift cards from $1 or withdraw $5 minimum payment from PayPal
How Does YouGov Work?
YouGov allows you to;
- Sign up for free and take part in surveys.
- Earn points you can redeem for cash or gift vouchers.
- Get paid for completing surveys.
- Work with various brands and media owners.
- Get access to a variety of surveys.
YouGov Reviews: Is YouGov Legit?
YouGov is a legit market research company. Having a rating of 4.7 on App Store, 4.3 rating on Google Play Store, 3.3 rating on Trustpilot, 2.6 rating on Survey Police, and 4.4 rating on Capterra, the site has attracted mixed reactions from users.
According to most panelists, YouGov app is easy and efficient to use. Other panelists highlighted that the platform offers a wide range of surveys covering different topics. While others praised the platform’s simple language layout.
However, other panelists complained that they could not get paid on time. Others also indicated that some surveys are long and time-consuming. That said, YouGov is safe and trustworthy.
|Google Play Store||4.3|
How Much Can You Make From YouGov Online Surveys?
The platform only matches you with relevant surveys using your demographic information.
What Are the Other Ways to Make Money on YouGov?
Who Is YouGov for?
How Much YouGov Points Are Worth?
YouGov also uses a point system to pay participants. 1,400 YouGov points are equal to $1.
- Invite as many friends as possible.
- Accurately complete your profile to qualify you for more surveys.
- Answer survey questions with integrity and intelligence.
- Commit more time to participating in surveys every day.
How to Redeem Points With YouGov?
YouGov offers PayPal as a way to redeem your points. You’ll receive your payment within days, but there is a $15 minimum cash out.
The gift card reward redemptions vary in different countries. In the USA, the minimum redemption is 35,000 points, which is a $15 gift card. You can redeem your gift card at Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, and more. Gift cards are sent out to your home address, so you will need to wait approximately 2 to 3 weeks for redemption.
What Are the YouGov Pros & Cons?
- Low cashout threshold of $15, making it easy to claim your earnings regularly.
- The website layout is easy to navigate and use.
- You can access YouGov through its app or website.
- You’ll receive a 100-point bonus for going through the full sign-up process.
- Offers very few ways of making money on the platform. For example, you can only invite friends, complete surveys, or trade points for lottery entry tickets.
- If you opt for a gift card, you’ll need to wait up to three weeks to receive a physical card in the mail.
- Since its establishment, it has not had BBB accreditation or even a high BBB rating.
YouGov Review Verdict: Is YouGov Worth It?
YouGov is a legit and safe survey site that pays you for completing surveys. Most surveys pay $0.5 to $0.9 and take 5 to 15 minutes to complete. You can expect an average of 7 surveys per week, and you have the potential of earning up to $50 per month.
In addition, once you reach the minimum withdrawal of $15, you can choose to withdraw your money via PayPal or redeem them for gift cards. It might take 2 to 4 days for funds to reflect on your account.
If you enjoy taking surveys for cash, YouGov is for you. However, if you are looking to replace a full-time income or generate quick cash, this should not be your option.
How to Sign Up With YouGov?
- Visit the YouGov website and sign up using your Facebook account or valid email address.
- Fill out the signup form with your details, including full names, household income, marital status, gender, age, and ethnicity.
- Confirm your email address and verify your account. Receive 100 bonus points for signing up.
- Access your account, answer profile surveys and questions to qualify you for more surveys.
YouGov is available in the US, UK, Canada, Europe, India. Asia Pacific and Middle East. Users in the USA need to be 14 or older, but the age is higher in the UK and some other countries.
Sites Like YouGov
|YouGov||Branded Surveys||Survey Junkie||Swagbucks|
|Pay per survey||$0.5 to $0.9||$0.3 to $3||$2 to $5||$0.05 to $2.50|
|Best for||Mobile surveys||Mobile surveys||Focus groups||E-gift cards|
YouGov vs. Branded Surveys
YouGov and Branded Surveys are market research platforms that pay you for sharing your opinions and ideas. Both platforms are free to sign up and use. While YouGov’s pay per survey is $0.5 to $0.9, Branded Surveys pays $0.3 to $3 per survey.
Besides, Branded Survey’s minimum withdrawal is $5 compared to YouGov, whose minimum payout limit is $15. Like YouGov, Branded Surveys also has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate. Otherwise, both sites provide easy and quick access to their website.
YouGov vs. Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie pays you to complete surveys, test products, and join online in-person focus groups. On the other hand, YouGov pays you for taking surveys and completing other online activities on the site. Survey Junkie pay per survey is $1 to $3 compared to YouGov, which pays $0.5 to $0.9 per survey.
As for minimum withdrawal, YouGov’s minimum withdrawal limit is $15, while Survey Junkie’s minimum payout is $5. YouGov is available worldwide compared to Survey Junkie, which is only available in the UK, US and Canada. Overall, both platforms provide you with an opportunity to make money online and earn.
YouGov vs. Swagbucks
While Swagbucks pays you $5 for inviting your friends on its platform, with YouGov, you will earn 2000 points for referring your friends to use the site. As for pay per survey, YouGov’s pay per survey is $0.5 to $0.9 compared to Swagbucks, which pays $0.05 to $2.50 per survey.
Additionally, both platforms provide you with easy and quick access to their website. Moreover, YouGov’s minimum withdrawal is $15, while Swagbucks minimum payout is $3. Overall, both sites allow you to earn money using their mobile apps.
Other Sites Like YouGov
Alternative Survey Sites
YouGov Survey Site FAQ
What Is YouGov?
Is YouGov free?
YouGov is completely free to sign up and use.
How to download YouGov mobile app?
Where is YouGov available?
YouGov is available in the US, UK, Canada, Europe, India. Asia Pacific and Middle East.
Is YouGov a scam?
YouGov is a legitimate survey site that provides you with an opportunity to make money and earn
Is your information safe with YouGov?
YouGov uses SSL and two-factor authentication features to protect your data and account from access by unauthorized persons.
How to contact YouGov customer service?
YouGov has a comprehensive FAQ page and contact form on the website. You can also contact YouGov customer service via email and social media channels.