DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
American Consumer Opinion Review
American Consumer Opinions (ACO) is a legitimate market research company that has been around since the 1980s. With decades of industry experience, the company is one of the most well-established and trusted survey platform globally, with its parent company being a member of the BBB and having an A+ rating. To date, the company has paid out more than $30 million in earnings over 7 million members.
- Easy to understand point system – unlike some platforms with confusing point systems, each ACO point is worth $0.01, making it easy to track earnings.
- High earning potential – although they are quite rare, some longer surveys can pay up to $50. On average, surveys take 10 minutes and pay $1.
- High payout for product reviews – these are rare but if you manage to get one, you can earn up to $200 by reviewing a single physical product.
- Low minimum payout threshold – you can cash out via PayPal, gift cards, or even check, as long as you have a minimum of $10 in total earnings.
- Long payment processing times – PayPal payments usually clear within 3 to 5 days but check and gift card payments can sometimes take up to 8 weeks.
- Higher than average disqualification rate – disqualification rates cam go up to 40%, making it hard likely that you’ll be rejected from most surveys.
Best Paying Survey Sites
$0.50 – $3 on average per survey with bonus points ($1 sign up bonus)
Average survey length is 10-20 minutes and minimum payout is $10
Collect rewards in PayPal, Direct Deposit or gift cards (100+ brands)
$1 – $3 per survey + extra ways to earn up to $100 with focus groups
Each survey time varies, but on average it takes 15 minutes to complete
Redeem rewards using PayPal, e-giftcards or bank transfer ($5 min)
Is American Consumer Opinion Legit?
American Consumer Opinion has been around since the mid 1980s and its parent company, Decision Analyst Inc, is a member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. In fact, American Consumer Opinion is one of the largest platforms, with over seven million members around the world. The company has paid out more than 30 million dollars in rewards, making it easy to see why it is so popular.
American Consumer Opinion has a decent online reputation. There are some American Consumer Opinion review comments about a lack of surveys and slow payouts. However, many users praise how easy it is to use the site.
How Does American Consumer Opinion Work?
American Consumer Opinion runs surveys on a variety of topics helping companies to evaluate advertising strategies, review new products, test customer service, and other marketing information.
Platform users complete easy to answer surveys, to provide real opinions from people matching the target market demographics.
What is American Consumer Opinion Sign Up Process?
The American Consumer Opinion sign up process is quick and easy. You will need to supply your age, gender, educational background, employment status. There are other personal questions to answer to create your member account. You will then see a prompt to take a general household survey.
All of this information is necessary for American Consumer Opinion to determine what surveys you will qualify for.
One of the advantages of this platform is that it is open to anyone age 14 and over from anywhere in the world. Many survey sites are strictly open to residents of the USA, but American Consumer Opinion has no such restriction. However, depending on your location, you may receive more or less surveys. Many American Consumer Opinion review comments highlight that survey opportunities are fewer if you’re not in the USA.
How Much American Consumer Opinion points are Worth?
American Consumer Opinion has a very simple points structure that is easy to understand. One point equals one cent.
So, you will need to accumulate 500 points to earn $5.
How Much Can You Make from American Consumer Opinion Online Surveys?
Depending on the available surveys and your demographics, you may wait an hour or several days to receive your first survey invite. Most users receive invitations every month or two, and the survey points depend on the length of survey and the participation required. Unfortunately, if you screen out of a survey, you will not receive any points.
Shorter surveys that take a few minutes can earn anywhere from 5 to 50 points. Longer surveys with more than 20 questions can earn 100 to 5,000 points. These larger surveys are not as common as smaller surveys, but the more you participate, the greater the chances of receiving a higher paying survey.
What Are the Other Ways to Make Money on American Consumer Opinion?
One of the best ways to boost your American Consumer Opinion earnings is to invite friends to join the platform. Not all survey sites have such a referral program, but American Consumer Opinion encourages users to share their experience. For each successful referral, you’ll receive $0.50, which isn’t a massive amount but it can boost your earnings.
Many American Consumer Opinion review comments highlight the benefits of the sweepstakes program.
It is not necessary to cash out your entire points balance, as the minimum sweepstakes cash out can vary to gain entry. You can enter as many times as you wish, and winners are notified by email. The prizes vary from additional points to gifts, but you’ll feature on the website with no identifying information to celebrate your win.
American Consumer Opinion also provides the opportunity to review physical products. If selected, the company will send a product, and you can test it to provide feedback on your user experience.
Although the product testing opportunities are few and far between, there is the potential to earn $50 to $200. You may even be able to keep the product after your review.
Another interesting way to boost your American Consumer Opinion earnings is ad reviews. You’ll receive some banner ads and need to provide feedback. This can include pros and cons or answer questions about which ones capture your attention most.
Depending on the review, you may earn 5 to 100 points.
How to Redeem Points with American Consumer Opinion?
American Consumer Opinion has a low minimum threshold for PayPal payments of just $10. You will need to connect your PayPal account, and then you can request payment. You should receive your funds within a couple of days.
You can also request payment via gift card with the same $10 minimum. The most common option is a Visa gift card. You can request this card, and you’ll receive it electronically. This will allow you to use your new card for any online purchases that accept the traditional Visa card.
If you prefer, you can request a check payment. This is not the quickest payment method, but American Consumer Opinion mails out checks above the value of $10. However, you will need to wait up to three months to receive your check.
Here are some more surveys sites that pay by check.
What are the American Consumer Opinion Pros & Cons?
- Creating an account with American Consumer Opinion is simple and easy. You’ll need to supply your basic information to create a member account and complete a general household survey. However, this entire process takes a matter of minutes and will help you match with appropriate surveys.
- In addition to PayPal, you can opt for a Visa gift card or even a check, which means that you can enjoy your preferred payment.
- Unlike many survey sites, American Consumer Opinion is open to anyone worldwide. However, the number of surveys you receive will depend on the country you’re in.
- American Consumer Opinion prioritizes member’s privacy. There is an assurance your information is safe, and the company will never sell it to anyone.
- With some panels forcing you to accumulate $50 or more before you can cash out, American Consumer Opinion has a refreshingly low payout threshold at just $10, regardless of whether you choose PayPal, check or gift card payment.
- Infrequent Survey Invites: Although the platform offers excellent rates for surveys, there are quite a few American Consumer Opinion review comments that highlight survey invites are infrequent.
- High Disqualification Rate: Like most survey sites, American Consumer Opinion does have a high disqualification rate, so you may screen out of a survey even if you’ve already been working for several minutes, with no reward.
- Only One Member Per Household: There are restrictions for membership that only allow one person per household to join. However, with seven million members, it is easy to see that American Consumer Opinion has a massive reach.
Is American Consumer Opinion Worth it?
American Consumer Opinion is a legit company. It has high ratings, and its parent company has BBB accreditation and a rating of A+. The company takes your privacy and information seriously, so you don’t need to worry about the company selling your details to a third party.
This platform pays well for surveys, and there is a variety of topics to keep you interested. However, the lack of survey invites means that this platform is more likely to appeal to those who are patient and prepared to do higher paying surveys less frequently as a side gig.
While this platform is legit, if you’re looking for quick cash or need a full time income, you should look elsewhere.
American Consumer Opinion Alternatives
Alternative Survey Sites
American Consumer Opinion FAQ
How To Contact American Consumer Opinion Customer Service?
American Consumer Opinion has a fantastic customer service team, and you can access help via email, its postal address, and social media channels. There is also a contact form on the website
Is American Consumer Opinion Free?
This platform is completely free, and you will never be required to pay any fees or buy anything. American Consumer Opinion takes pride in compensating members for their ideas and opinions.
Can You Fill American Consumer Opinion Surveys with Mobile App?