DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Toluna is a legitimate, well-established survey and rewards company. The company has been around since 1994 and has a proven track record of paying members for completing tasks. An average Toluna user can earn up to $30 by spending about 1 hour per day on Toluna completing surveys and other tasks that the platform offers. Toluna is available in 49 countries, including the USA, UK, and Canada.
- High survey payouts – some surveys that are more complicated and take up to an hour can pay up to $16.66, but most of them pays $0.05 to $1.50. Some rare special surveys can pay even more.
- Receive up to 7 surveys in a single day – you can get notified of new surveys via a registered phone number or by checking your email regularly.
- Earn 500 points for each friend you refer – you can invite up to 10 friends each month to get a total of 5000 points for little to no effort.
- Sweepstakes – you can receive extra rewards from daily sweepstakes. You also stand a chance to win up to 1 million points in the monthly sweepstakes.
- Long wait time to receive PayPal funds – Toluna claims it can take 3 weeks for users to receive their funds but some users report longer wait times.
- Points do expire – users who don’t actively use the platform will lose their points if they don’t cash them out within 16 months of earning them.
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Survey Sites
$0.50 – $5 on average per survey with bonus points ($1 sign up bonus)
Average survey length is 10-20 minutes and minimum withdrawal is $5
Collect rewards in PayPal, Direct Deposit or gift cards (100+ brands)
$0.50 to $2.50 per survey – earn up to $100 each month using Swagbucks
18 unique ways to earn money and free gift cards, plus $5 sign up bonus
Redeem e-gift cards from $1 or withdraw $5 minimum payment from PayPal
How Does Toluna Work?
Toluna allows you to;
- Gain access to all the different earning methods, including surveys, polls, contests, games, and more.
- Complete surveys and other tasks and receive Toluna points.
- Exchange the points with items from famous stores or directly through cash, depending on the reward you choose.
Toluna offers two types of surveys including profile surveys and longer surveys.
How Much Can You Make from Toluna Online Surveys?
What Are the Other Ways to Make Money on Toluna?
If you’d like to participate in Toluna mobile surveys, simply enter your mobile number during registration. Toluna will then send you a limited number of surveys through your mobile.
Toluna Reviews: is Toluna Legit?
Toluna is a legit company that has a history of paying its clients and issuing rewards. It has an A+ rating in the Better Business Bureau, a 2.3 rating on Surveypolice, and a 3.5 on App Store.
Toluna has gathered more positive reviews compared to criticisms with its reliable customer service among the comments. According to users, it’s easy to get in touch with Toluna through its website.
As for negative reviews, long wait times for rewards and disqualification rates are the most common issues.
So, while there are some negative comments, Toluna is a well established and legitimate company that pays.
Who is Toluna for?
Toluna is designed for users who want to make extra money taking surveys, playing games, and answering question polls. The app is also meant for companies looking for opinions and ideas on how to improve their products and services.
How Much Toluna Points Are Worth?
The Toluna points conversion is 3,000 points are worth $1.
- Add a registered phone number and regularly check your email
- Look for survey categories that interest you
- Complete the profile survey
- If you experience disqualification, move on to a different survey
- Complete the surveys as soon as you receive them
- Answer the surveys as accurately as possible
How to Redeem Points With Toluna?
Paypal users can cash their Toluna points out at $10, and it takes around two weeks for the funds to clear.
Many large brands, including Amazon, Sears, Gap, Target, Best Buy, Starbucks, and Walmart, are available as gift cards. Some gift cards start at 30,000 points ($10), but certain cards have a higher entry point, and a gift card can take up to 48 hours to arrive.
“Gifties” are virtual gifts; they cost 50-500 points depending on the gift. Each virtual purchased is also a chance to win real world object, and winners are chosen at random.
What Are the Toluna Pros & Cons?
- A very comprehensive help page for members
- The Toluna platform is easy to use
- Toluna users can take their surveys on the go using their phones
- If you get a product to test, you get to keep it as long as you provide the feedback
- Points expire within 16 months
- Some Toluna rewards may take up to 6 weeks to arrive
Toluna Review Verdict: is Toluna Worth It?
Toluna is a legitimate business, they have a proven track record of paying their members and providing rewards, but longer waiting times may occur. The Toluna website is very user friendly, and offers good customer support.
If you are an active Toluna user you can earn between 15 to 50,000 points and reach the minimum payout level for Paypal or a gift card in a single month.
This platform would not replace a full time income, but it may provide a little extra for a stay at home parent, a student, or a retiree.
How To Sign Up With Toluna?
To sign up with Toluna;
- Choose to sign up with your Facebook profile, or use the registration form on the website.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, email, password, and more
- Verify your new Toluna account with your email address
- Provide your mobile phone number
- Receive a 500 points sign up bonus
- Start receiving survey invites
The number of surveys that you may receive each day will depend on your location. Because of these, most members only get a single survey per day.
Since the content you create is strictly personal, you are not allowed to copy opinions from other sources or members. If the company determines that you’ve copied opinions, your account will be terminated and points forfeited.
Sites Like Toluna
|Company||Toluna||Branded Surveys||Survey Junkie||Swagbucks|
|Pay per survey||$0.05 to $1.50||$0.50 to $5||$0.50 to $3||$0.50 to $2.50|
|Best for||Polls||Mobile surveys||Focus groups||e-gift cards|
Toluna vs. Branded Surveys
Branded Surveys is a legitimate online survey site where you can earn cash or gift cards from the comfort of your home. LikeToluna, Branded Surveys is free to register and join.
While Branded Surveys allows you to earn $0.5 to $5, you can expect to make 15 to 50,000 points with Toluna.
Branded Surveys also allows you to withdraw at least $5 compared to Toluna, which offers $10 as the minimum payout threshold. That said, Branded Surveys has better earning potential than Toluna.
Toluna vs. Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is a legitimate platform that allows you to make extra money by providing your insights to companies. In terms of earning potential, Survey Junkie allows you to make $0.5 to $3 per survey, compared to Toluna’s expected earnings of $0.05 to $1.50.
While their minimum cash-out is the same, Toluna offers payout in gift cards, vouchers, and via PayPal, compared to Survey Junkie, which supports the direct account deposit. This is something that Toluna lacks and a huge win for its competitor.
Toluna vs. Swagbucks
Swagbucks is an online rewards program that lets you make money taking surveys and completing other tasks. Like Toluna, Swagbucks offers other ways of earning.
Swagbucks also allows you to earn $0.50 to $2.50 per survey compared to Toluna’s expected earnings of $0.05 to $1.50 per survey.
The cash-out of Swagbucks is substantially lower at $1 compared to Toluna, which requires you to have at least $10 to withdraw your earnings. Swagbucks also offers daily surveys, which is a huge plus.
Other Sites Like Toluna
Alternative Survey Sites
Toluna Survey Site FAQs
What is Toluna?
Founded in 2000,Toluna is a paid survey community managed by Toluna Group, a market research company that uses technology to collect market insights for companies of various sizes.
Toluna offers you a chance to share your opinion and inspire change in the products and services that you believe in by participating in surveys.
The company has 16 offices in Europe, Asia Pacific, and North America and works with some of the world’s leading market-research agencies.
Today, it works with a number of high profile brands, including Amazon, Coca Cola, Expedia, Loreal, and Sony Music.
Is Toluna free?
Toluna is free to join, and the platform is free to use.
How to download Toluna mobile app?
To download Toluna, go to the App Store, download, and install it.
Where Toluna is available?
Toluna is available in the United States, Canada, India, Singapore, United Kingdom, and 49 other countries.
Is Toluna a scam?
Toluna is a legitimate site that rewards you for taking paid surveys for hence not a scam.
Is your information safe with Toluna?
Toluna influencers will not share or sell your information to third parties unless legally or with your consent. Your information can, therefore, be considered safe.
How to contact Toluna customer service?
To contact Toluna customer service, go to the website and click contact. Next, fill out the form and submit it.