DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
User Interviews Review
User Interviews is a market research recruiting platform that connects researchers with willing participants. If you don’t mind joining focus groups and research studies or answering surveys, then you can join the platform as a participant to earn some extra cash. The company offers some of the highest paying research studies available on the market, and you can stand to earn up to $100 per hour.
- 4 types of studies – interviews, focus groups, multi day studies, and unmoderated tasks. Online, over the phone and in person studies available.
- Wide range of earning opportunities – the platform launches over 2000 new studies each month, so there is no shortage of studies you can join.
- Referral bonus – get a $30 bonus each time you refer a suitable friend who successfully joins and participates in a research study on the platform.
- High earnings potential – the platform offers some of the highest paying research studies and you can earn up to $100 per hour for your opinions.
- Long processing time for payments – you may have to wait up to 10 business days from when you complete your session before you get paid for it.
- Only 2 payout options available – for most studies, you can only redeem your earnings via digital Amazon gift card or digital Reward Link gift card.
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Money Making Sites
$0.50 – $5 on average per survey with bonus points ($1 sign up bonus)
Average survey length is 10-20 minutes and minimum payout is $5
Collect rewards in PayPal, Direct Deposit or gift cards (100+ brands)
$1 – $3 per survey + extra ways to earn up to $100 with focus groups
Each survey time varies, but on average it takes 15 minutes to complete
Redeem rewards using PayPal, e-giftcards or bank transfer ($5 min)
How Does User Interviews Work?
As one of the best on demand jobs and gigs, User Interviews is a research-based platform that allows you to:
- Create a personal profile
- Complete the provided screener assessments to qualify for studies
- Browse and access study exploits so that you can apply to those that interest you
- Confirm study session period
- Take part in the various activities enlisted in the platform
- Earn payment for your participation
Some of the studies offered on the platform include;
- Online interviews
- User tests and surveys
- Online focus groups
- Online diary studies
- All online studies.
With all the different studies provided, finding one that works for you could not be easier. Studies could run for 10 minutes to several days, whereas payment depends on the study type and the duration.
How Much You Can Make with User Interviews?
Simply put, how much you can make on User Interviews depends on the task at hand or activity you engage in.
For instance, you can make:
- Between $50 and $100 an hour for sharing your opinions and feedback regarding specific products
- $125 per hour for sharing your experience and feedback after using a particular travel app
- $100 for 90 minutes for sharing your opinion regarding online shopping
Who is User Interviews Best For?
User Interviews is for data scientists, software engineers, product managers, IT managers, and small business owners looking for a solid way to make money and whose daily schedule is flexible enough to accommodate interviews and gig-type jobs for an extra income.
User Interviews Best Practices
Persistence and patience are some of the fundamental values you should embrace to win more User Interviews sessions. You can increase your chances of being selected as a User interviews participant by considering the following practices:
- A Regular check—weekly or daily—of your online interface and email to identify any new studies you may qualify for
- Update your profile from time to time with all the relevant information
- Respond quickly to invitations or opportunities
- Be honest with your answers
User Interviews Benefits: What Does User Interviews Offer?
This feature allows you to take part in online interviews that mimic face-to-face or in-person interactions. User Interviews has in place three types of software and seven video platforms you can use.
And to provide the best user experience while avoiding any inconveniences, the platform:
- Maintains a tracking log of technical errors
- Ensures that its systems comply with international law and data policies, such as the GDPR and EU Privacy Shield.
User Interviews also allow the recording of video clips based on prompts or situations. Doing so enables you—the participant—to access insightful content to provide rich feedback.
The platform will require you to take part in various text-based quizzes or surveys related to your experiences to help generate feedback.
And to customize surveys, User Interviews uses the skip logic or branching technique to generate more intelligent surveys depending on a respondent’s answers and actions.
User Interviews Requirements
- The minimum age requirement to participate is 13. However, most studies on User Interviews are for those ages 18+.
- Must be a resident of the U.S., Canada, Australia, U.K., France, Germany, and South Africa.
User Interviews Costs to Consider
Apart from the basic costs of doing online research, User Interviews is free to sign up and use.
User Interviews Payout Terms and Options?
User Interviews pays within 10 days of completing your panel study or survey. They offer several payment options, including check, PayPal, Amazon, or Visa gift cards.
User Interviews Reviews: is User Interviews Legit?
User Interviews is a legit, easy-to-use, and trusted platform. Besides that, the platform has a 4.6 out of 5 reviews on Capterra and a 2.9 out of 5-star review on Trustpilot. Most positive reviewers liked its ability to host all its calls through a client’s or user’s zoom account, which can help eradicate poor quality calls.
On the contrary, reviewers also claimed that it’s hard to qualify for a study. That aside, User Interviews is a legit site that allows you to make money.
What are the User Interviews Pros & Cons?
User Interviews Pros
- A responsive and helpful customer service that helps to solve user challenges at the earliest opportunity.
- Intuitive software that eases the learning curve
- Relatively simple and easy to use
- Fare pay for the participants
User Interviews Cons
- Some projects require more dynamic programming; for example, the display logic
- As of now, the platform offers only two types of selection
How Good Is User Interviews Support and Knowledge Base?
The platform has a detailed support and knowledge base including researcher resources, participant resources, and a frequently asked questions page on the website.
User Interviews Review Verdict: is User Interviews Worth it?
User Interviews is a simple and easy-to-use tool that allows you to make money in your free time. This makes it a great side hustling resource; you can use it to supplement your income.
Nevertheless, you need to pass the platform’s screening surveys, abide by its rules, and do the actual job for you to earn. For example, share opinions, attend interviews or answer quizzes.
How to Start Earning with User Interviews?
To get started, you first need to create an account on the User Interviews platform. Click here to access the participants’ on-boarding window:
Here, you’ll be required to:
- Fill in the relevant details in the provided spaces (boxes). Such includes your contact information, professional characteristics, and basic characteristics.
- Create a password for your account
- Check the user agreement and receive messages checkboxes at the bottom
- Click on the create account button to complete the process
- Access the user interviews login button to proceed with further action. Fill in the required information. Your email address and password, for example.
- Answer the provided quick surveys to determine if you qualify
- Sign up for different undertakings and take part in giving feedback for actual products
Sites Like User Interviews
|User Interviews||Averagely $50 to $100|
|Respondent||Up to $190 per hour|
|Dscout||Up to $30 per hour|
|User Testing||Up to $10 per 20 minutes|
User Interviews vs. Respondent
First off, these two platforms are in the same league regarding the type of services they offer and the payouts given to the participants. Case in point, you can equally earn up to $190 per hour on Respondent for an online or phone interview. Not only that, both platforms are easy to use.
The only slight difference between them is that Respondent is easy to manage. And in comparison, User interviews is easy to set up.
To sum it up, most reviewers find User Interviews best suited for comparing the quality of an ongoing product. On the contrary, Respondent for meeting business needs.
User Interviews vs. Dscout
Just like the previous platform, Dscout presents the same working model as user interviews. How much you can earn in an hour is the main differentiator between the two. For instance, pay on Dscout starts at $30 per hour while $50 on user interviews.
On top of that, finding work on Dscout as a newbie is challenging because of the many rejections and a rigorous screening process. This makes it suitable for seasoned reviewers as they have a higher chance of winning a gig. Meanwhile, you can join user interviews as a new user.
User Interviews vs. UserTesting
Last but not least is the UserTesting platform that has similar features to the rest of the three apps. What separates them is that you can earn an average of $10 per 20 minutes—the typical length for each test. In other cases, you can cash in the same $10 for a 5 to 10-minute test depending on what you perform on the screen and the brand you’re dealing with.
Even so, most reviewers prefer User Interviewer over UserTesting as it meets user needs, provides quality feedback and product support, and better feature updates and roadmaps.
Other Sites Like User Interviews
Alternative Survey Sites
User Interviews FAQ
What is User Interviews?
User Interviews is a web-based platform that allows you to earn money by giving quality feedback on real-life products.
User Interviews has over 500 studies launched per month, and the website boasts of over 40,000 participants paid in the last year.
With an average waiting time of 24 hours to receive earnings, User interviews is one of the most convenient ways to earn cash online.
How much can you make from User Interviews?
Typically, the amount you can make depends on your activity on the platform. All in all, the average figure is between $50 to $100 per hour.
What is the minimum age to become eligible to participate in User Interviews?
Be 13 years and above to enroll or sign up as a participant on the platform.
What devices do I require working as a warticipant?
Essentially, you need to have a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer and internet access to take part—and a microphone if your gadget doesn’t incorporate one.
Are my research incentives taxable?
If you are in the US, IRS requires study payments of $600 or more to be reported on tax returns. However, if you’re located outside the United States, or if you redeem incentives in other currencies, User Interviews will not send a 1099.
I’m having trouble signing up with User Interviews?
Login issues are due to forgotten passwords. You, therefore, need to Go to the sign-in page and click Forgot Password. You’ll then be sent an email that contains a link that you can use to update your password.
The team that User Interviews has in Massachusetts is responsive, professional, and a pleasure to work with every time. Also, they have some of the most competitive rates out there.