DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Best Sites to Sell Stuff
Over 3 million products sold in 12 months with a year limited warranty
Sell smartphones, tablets, laptops books, watches, video games and Lego
Get a free instant item valuation, ship your item for free and get paid
No fees for sellers – buyers pay no fees up $50 items. $5+ thereafter
Sell computers, home tech, cameras, phones, watches, laptops and tablets
Sell your item directly to buyer and get paid the next day via PayPal
10 Best Places To Sell Musical Instruments
Best Places to Sell Used Music Equipment
Millions of music lovers use Reverb to find used or new music equipment. And the platform allows you to list your unwanted item and put it in front of people who are seeking it.
The platform provides you with all-inclusive assistance on every step of your selling process – when you list, when you sell and when you ship. This means whenever you have any questions or issues, Reverb support is ready to help you.
Musical instruments and gear you can sell through Reverb:
- Keyboards & synths – including digital & acoustic pianos and analog/digital synths
- Drum machines
- DJ & audio gear including mixers, controllers, speakers, etc.
- Pedals & amplifiers
- Recording gear
- Guitar & its parts – including electric, bass and acoustic
- Band & orchestra instruments – including violin, flute, brass, etc.
When your item sells through Reverb, you will get 92% of the sale via PayPal. You’ll be charged a small commission and payment processing fee automatically.
OfferUp strives to provide the most trusted and simplest marketplace for selling and buying used stuff locally.
To meet their goal, they allow you to list your used musical instruments in under 30 seconds using your phone.
Listing your item on OfferUp is free. However, you’ll be charged a selling fee of 12.9% after your item sells.
As you’re selling your musical instrument locally, you can arrange handling and payment matters with the buyer.
3. Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace is a great place to sell your used musical instruments locally.
Setting up a listing on Facebook is just like creating a regular post. But you’re publishing it on Facebook Marketplace instead of your timeline.
What’s best is that you don’t have to pay any fees and you can request your buyer payment in any form you prefer.
When purchasing stuff locally, many people prefer to finish the trade in-person. This allows both sellers and buyers to save money on shipping. It also enables you to get your payment in cash.
Craigslist is the oldest, still the most popular online marketplace people visit when they seek to buy used items locally.
With this platform, you can list unlimited musical instruments for sale without charging you any listing or selling fees.
You’re also free to either meet your buyer in-person and get cash payment or ship your items via post and get paid via PayPal or bank transfer.
Kidd3r focuses on sustainability and allows you to sell or swap your old musical instruments within the United Kingdom.
When you sign up for the platform, you become a member of Kidd3r marketplace and community for selling and exchanging items.
To ensure your security, Kidd3r suggests you accept payments via PayPal and don’t ship your item before you receive it.
Moreover, selling or swapping your music gear on Kidd3r is completely free.
eBay is the online marketplace that probably doesn’t need much introduction.
This platform is a go-to place for many people when they want to save money and purchase used musical instruments.
While listing your item on eBay is free, you’ll be charged a small fee of 3.5% (maximum $350) when it sells.
When you sell your item via eBay, you have to handle shipping. Just don’t forget to charge your buyer an extra fee for shipping or include this fee in selling price of your item.
As soon as your item sells, you’ll receive payment via PayPal.
7. Guitar Center
Guitar Center is the largest guitar retailer, who are open to purchasing your used guitar directly.
The selling process is pretty straightforward:
- Simply fill out the form to let the company know what you have to offer. You can also call the company at +1 (801) 501-8847.
- They will review your application and reach out to you with a quote.
- Finally, if you accept the offer, you’ll need to bring your used guitar to any of the Guitar Center locations near you.
Sweetwater has one goal: to provide musicians an easy way to buy and sell used musical instruments.
Moreover, Sweetwater focuses on creating a community of musicians, where they can connect with each other.
And to support their goals, the company doesn’t charge any listing or selling fee. This is a great thing when you want to get most out of your used gear.
Best Places To Sell Used Music Equipment Fast
9. Music Go Round
Music Go Round will purchase your old music equipment directly. This means you can get cash for your item in the fastest way possible, without waiting for a buyer to appear.
No matter what music equipment you have, the company will accept it. Just visit any of the Music Go Round stores in your location to get an instant quote for your item.
And the great part? If you accept the offer, you’ll get paid by check immediately, on-site.
10. Damm Music Center
Just like Music Go Round, Damm Music Center will pay you for your used musical instruments.
This company claims they are buying a great range of instruments, including:
- Upright Bass
- and more…
There are 3 ways you can contact Damm Music Center in order to get an offer for your musical instruments:
- Call – 316-773-9060
- Stop by 8995 W. Central in Wichita
- Or send the message via online contact form at the bottom of the page.
Places You Should Avoid While Selling Your Musical Instruments
Selling your used musical instruments to local pawn shops might seem the easiest way to get quick cash.
But you won’t get as fair value for your gear as in case of selling via any of the above mentioned platforms.
How To Get More Money For Your Musical Instruments?
If you want to get the most money for your musical instruments, don’t just throw up random listings on several platforms.
Following tips will help you maximize your earnings and let you sell your used musical instruments fast:
- Clean, fix and repair your items as this part would definitely increase the value of your used items. Think for a second, which item would you buy the dirty one that needs fixing or the one that looks perfect? Put yourself in a buyers’ shoes and put your item in a shape that you would buy.
- Research your competition to find out what’s the adequate price range for your musical instrument.
- Take quality photos. Images catch the attention of potential buyers. It’s not mandatory to take photos with a professional camera and settings. However, try to place your musical instruments in a bright room and remove any fuzz from the background. Also, I highly recommend you take photos from multiple angles so that buyers get a better idea of how your musical gear looks like.
- Write a well-thought description, but stay honest about its condition. It’s important that potential buyers know what they are purchasing, so make sure you include all the important details.