Mistplay is one of the most popular loyalty programs that rewards mobile gamers. To date, the company has given out over $18 million to its users. Apart from playing games, users also get rewarded with loyalty points and status when they make in-app purchases on any of the platform’s affiliated mobile games. Thus, if you’re already playing mobile games, you can use Mistplay to get rewarded for it.
- Low minimum reward redemption threshold – you can exchange the points you’ve earned for gift cards from as little as 1500 points for a $5 gift card.
- Quick processing time for rewards – if you choose to redeem your points for a gift card, you will usually receive it within 48 hours via email.
- 5 ways to earn – earn points by collecting in-game badges, playing daily, spending more time playing, playing boosted games, and doing bonus tasks.
- Referral bonus – get 100 points (worth about $0.67) after you invite a friend to join and their Mistplay account successfully reaches level 4.
- Not available for teenagers – as of August 2021, new users must be at least 18 years old and existing users under 18 will have their accounts closed.
- Limited earning potential – some games can have rewards as little as 20 points (about $0.13) for playing it for 2 minutes, working out to $4 an hour.
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Side Hustles
$0.50 – $5 on average per survey with bonus points ($1 sign up bonus)
Average survey length is 10-20 minutes and minimum payout is $5
Collect rewards in PayPal, Direct Deposit or gift cards (100+ brands)
$0.50 to $1.50 per survey – earn up to $100 each month using Swagbucks
18 unique ways to earn money and free gift cards, plus $5 sign up bonus
Redeem e-gift cards from $1 or withdraw $5 minimum payment from PayPal
How Does Mistplay Work?
Established in 2015, The Mistplay app is a mobile app that offers you a chance to play games and earn rewards. There are a variety of games on the platform and you’ll earn points that you can redeem for gift cards, Steam credit, and other prizes.
Mistplay allows you to;
- Download the app and create a free Mistplay account
- Select new mobile apps to download and play through the app
- spend time playing, you earn more Mistplay points
- Exchange your points for prizes, such as Amazon gift cards or prepaid Visa cards
How Much You Can Earn on Mistplay?
There is no definite amount you can make with Mistplay. How much you can earn therefore depends on how much time you spend playing games and the levels you’ve passed through. Most users however say you could make anywhere from a few dollars to $30 or $40 per month.
Who Is Mistplay Best for?
Mistplay is best for;
- Those who have a passion for gaming have a lot of free time that they can use to earn a bit of extra cash
- Game developers looking for information that they can use to tweak the app and make it better suited for their target audience
Ways to Earn Money With Mistplay?
On Mistplay, you’ll earn money by collecting points through playing games. The play time on the games varies from two to five minutes. However, there are often different requirements you need to meet to gain your points.
After you finish the game or achieve the specific goal, Mistplay will automatically alert you to the achievement. You will then need to submit a summary of your opinions about the game. This could involve responding to questions about your user experience.
After you finish the game or achieve the specific goal, Mistplay will automatically alert you to the achievement.
The Meaning of Units, PXPS and GXPS
Mistplay measures player earnings using a points system, but within this system, there are three types of points; Units, PXPs and GXPs.
- Game Experience Points (GXPs): These represent the time spent on the game. So, you’ll earn more GXPs if you play for an extended time. The number of GXPs is also influenced by your profile. As you level up with more GXPs, you will be able to earn more Units.
- Player Experience Points (PXPs): These points represent your overall player experience. You will receive PXPs when you level up in a specific game. PXPs will also help you to gain units.
- Units: You won’t earn any units by playing games in the Mistplay app. However, every time you level up your profile, you will receive units. So, you will earn units by accumulating PXPs and GXPs. Units are essentially Mistplay currency that you can redeem for prizes and rewards.
Reviews and feedback
Some Mistplay games may require you to write a review or provide feedback. Once you fulfill the requirements and accomplish the task, you’ll earn more points.
Mistplay Referral Program
Mistpaly also allows you to earn bonus points if you refer a friend to download the Mistplay app using your referral link or code. If you refer your friends, Mistplay will reward you with 100 Units, which is around $0.40-$0.50.
The company also offers new contests each week where you may win a grand prize of $400. To enter contests, you need to download one new game and reach a certain level to be eligible.
How Much Are Mistplay Points Worth?
As I touched on above, Mistplay uses Units rather than points. The number of units you need to redeem a reward, depends on the specific reward. There is an approximate conversion rate of 1,500 units is equal to $5.
As with most reward apps, there are some requirements as to who can and cannot use Mistplay. The primary Mistplay requirements are:
- You must be resident in a supported country: The list of supported countries include the U.S, Singapore, Canada and most European countries.
- Age 13+: Mistplay is one of the few reward apps that is open to teenagers.
- Have a compatible Android device: Currently, Mistplay is not available for iOS, but before a Mistplay download, you need to check you have a compatible Android device.
Mistplay Payout Terms and Options
There are a number of rewards you can choose once you accumulate sufficient units. For example, you can choose a $5 Visa card for 1,500 units, or get $10 of Steam credit for 3,000 units.
You can also choose to swap your units for gift cards for stores including:
- Google Play
Begin the redemption process by clicking “Shop”. You can then browse the rewards and number of units you will need to claim them. Once you find a reward, click “Buy” to submit your order. You will see a prompt to confirm your order. Just be sure to check your currency and email address before you process your redemption request.
Mistplay cannot make changes to any redemption requests, once you have clicked “Confirm”. You can expect to receive your digital reward within 48 hours via email.
Mistplay Reviews: Is Mistplay Legit?
Mistplay is not a scam but a legit platform that rewards you with points for downloading and playing games. Rated 2.1 on Trustpilot and 4.1 on Google Play, most users believe the platform is one of the best gaming sites.
While acknowledging that it takes time to earn, they enjoyed trying different games. Other users also commented that if you are committed enough the app allows you to cash out fast.
But like other sites, Mistplay has negative reviews. The majority of the negative comments relate to how slow it is to earn sufficient points for a gift card. However, if you are realistic about making a little cash in your spare time, you should find Mistplay safe to use.
What Are the Mistplay Pros & Cons?
- Allows you to earn gift cards and other rewards
- No need to provide credit card info
- Unlike many reward apps, you won’t be bombarded with ads as you
- Mistplay is one of the few reward apps that are available for teens 13+
- Low earnings
- Android only
- While Mistplay has an iOS version in the works, currently, it is only accessible for Android users.
How Good Is Mistplay Support?
Mistplay has a comprehensive frequently asked questions page, which you can access via the main Mistplay desktop website. Provided your query is related to how it works, most issues are covered. Although the platform lacks a live chat or telephone support options, you can send an email to email@example.com or click on the ‘Submit a Request’ button from within your Mistplay account to raise a support ticket.
Mistplay Review Verdict: Is Mistplay Worth It?
Mistplay is a reliable app that does exactly what it says- rewarding you for downloading and playing games. While you stand the chance of making a bit of extra money in return for playing games, you won’t make enough money to quit your job – or even supplement your income on
But, if you are passionate about gaming, or you’ve got some spare time, then Mistplay is well worth considering. You can even make up to $40 per month doing what you do every day. It is possible that as the app grows, more and more gaming developers will turn to Mistplay.
How to Sign Up With Mistplay?
To get started with Mistplay;
- Download and install Mistplay mobile app
- Adjust your phone settings to ensure you can play the games comfortably
- Open the app and create an account by entering your email and password
- Accept the terms and conditioned
- Verify your email
- Start using the website
Sites Like Mistplay
|$40 per month
|$0.3 to $3
|$2 to $5
|$0.05 to $2.50
|Playing mobile games
|Electronic gift cards
Mistplay vs. Branded Surveys
Branded Surveys is a side hustle that allows you to make money by filling surveys and taking other offers. Like Mistplay, Branded Surveys is free to sign up for. While Branded Surveys offers filling out surveys, Mistplay’s main focus is downloading and playing games.
Branded Surveys also allow you to make up to $3 per survey compared to Mistplay which can let you earn up to $40 per month. Branded Surveys also pay you after 3 days compared to Mistplay which pays after 48 hours. Apart from the fact that they both offer other ways of earning, the two platforms don’t have a lot in common.
Mistplay vs. Survey Junkie
Survey Junkie is a side hustle from home that provides one of the best ways to make money only. While the two platforms allow you to sign up for free, they offer completely different tasks. Survey Junkie also lets you make up to $5 per survey compared to Mistplay which lets you make up to $40 per month.
Survey Junkie also lets you withdraw your earnings instantly compared to Mistplay which can only pay you after 48 hours. That said, the two websites can provide you with easy ways to make money online.
Mistplay vs. Swagbucks
Swagbucks is an earn money online site that allows you to make money taking surveys and completing other tasks. Like Mistpaly, Swagbucks offers other ways to make money including playing games, answering surveys, online shopping, watching videos, participating in polls, and visiting websites.
One thing that makes Swagbucks similar to Mistplay is that it provides playing games as one way of earning. While Swagbucks allows you to make up to $2.50 per survey you can expect to earn up to $40 per month with Mistplay. Overall the two websites offer some of the best ways to make money online.
Mistplay vs. Inboxdollars
Inboxdollars is a little more flexible than Mistplay, as you can earn cash by playing games, completing surveys, and providing your opinions. Additionally, there is higher earning potential. Inboxdollars claims if you spend 10 minutes a day, you could earn $50 a month.
Other Sites Like Mistplay
What Is Mistplay?
The game developers pay Mistplay to feature their products on its platform and Mistplay shares this money with its users in the form of rewards.
Mistplay can also offer developers insight into gamer feedback, so they can tweak their apps and make them ideal for their target audience. Today, the app has surpassed 5+ million downloads.
In 2019, the company was ranked 36th fastest growing startup in Canada by Maclean’s and recognized by Deloitte as a Company to Watch.
Is Mistplay free?
Yes, Mistplay is free to download and free to play. You won’t see ads and you can play games and earn rewards with no cost, apart from your time.
Does Mistplay sell your information?
Although you don’t need to provide your credit card information, Mistplay will collect personal details. It may also disclose some personal information for business purposes. However, the company will not sell your personal information.
What’s the catch with Mistplay?
Mistplay is a legit app to earn gift cards and other rewards. However, you need to be prepared that you will earn slowly. You’ll need to play games for hours to earn sufficient units. This means that you need to enjoy playing games and typically spend your free time playing to make the most of the app.
Does Mistplay offer Roblox gift cards?
Yes, Mistplay usually has free Roblox gift cards.
Can I use a VPN on Mistplay?
You cannot use a VPN on Mistplay since doing so may result in an account ban.