DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Mistplay is one of the most popular loyalty programs that rewards mobile gamers. To date, the company has given out over $18 million to its users. Apart from playing games, users also get rewarded with loyalty points and status when they make in-app purchases on any of the platform’s affiliated mobile games. Thus, if you’re already playing mobile games, you can use Mistplay to get rewarded for it.
- Low minimum reward redemption threshold – you can exchange the points you’ve earned for gift cards from as little as 1500 points for a $5 gift card.
- Quick processing time for rewards – if you choose to redeem your points for a gift card, you will usually receive it within 48 hours via email.
- 5 ways to earn – earn points by collecting in-game badges, playing daily, spending more time playing, playing boosted games, and doing bonus tasks.
- Referral bonus – get 100 points (worth about $0.67) after you invite a friend to join and their Mistplay account successfully reaches level 4.
- Not available for teenagers – as of August 2021, new users must be at least 18 years old and existing users under 18 will have their accounts closed.
- Limited earning potential – some games can have rewards as little as 20 points (about $0.13) for playing it for 2 minutes, working out to $4 an hour.
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Side Hustles
$0.50 – $5 on average per survey with bonus points ($1 sign up bonus)
Average survey length is 10-20 minutes and minimum payout is $5
Collect rewards in PayPal, Direct Deposit or gift cards (100+ brands)
$1 – $3 per survey + extra ways to earn up to $100 with focus groups
Each survey time varies, but on average it takes 15 minutes to complete
Redeem rewards using PayPal, e-giftcards or bank transfer ($5 min)
What is Mistplay?
Game developers understand that the mobile app industry is oversaturated, so they employ platforms like Mistplay to expose their game to a broader audience.
The Mistplay app has been around since 2017 and offers you a chance to play games and earn rewards. There is a variety of games on the platform and you’ll earn points that you can redeem for gift cards, Steam credit and other prizes.
The game developers pay Mistplay to feature their products on its platform and Mistplay shares this money with its users in the form of rewards.
Mistplay can also offer developers insight into gamer feedback, so they can tweak their apps and make them ideal for their target audience.
Is Mistplay Safe and Legit?
So, you may be wondering, is Mistplay legit? The answer is yes; the app is only available for Android devices, but there are many positive comments from users. The platform does also have a poor rating on Trustpilot.
The majority of the negative comments relate to how slow it is to earn sufficient points for a gift card. However, if you are realistic about making a little cash in your spare time, you should find Mistplay safe to use.
Who Can Use the Misplay App?
As with most reward apps, there are some requirements as to who can and cannot use Mistplay. The primary Mistplay requirements are:
- You must be resident in a supported country: The list of supported countries include the U.S, Singapore, Canada and most European countries.
- Age 13+: Mistplay is one of the few reward apps that is open to teenagers.
- Have a compatible Android device: Currently, Mistplay is not available for iOS, but before a Mistplay download, you need to check you have a compatible Android device.
How Do You Earn In Mistplay?
On Mistplay, you’ll earn money by collecting points through playing games. The play time on the games varies from two to five minutes. However, there are often different requirements you need to meet to gain your points.
After you finish the game or achieve the specific goal, Mistplay will automatically alert you to the achievement. You will then need to submit a summary of your opinions about the game. This could involve responding to questions about your user experience.
After you finish the game or achieve the specific goal, Mistplay will automatically alert you to the achievement.
The Meaning of Units, PXPS and GXPS
Mistplay measures player earnings using a points system, but within this system, there are three types of points; Units, PXPs and GXPs.
- Game Experience Points (GXPs):These represent the time spent on the game. So, you’ll earn more GXPs if you play for an extended time. The number of GXPs is also influenced by your profile. As you level up with more GXPs, you will be able to earn more Units.
- Player Experience Points (PXPs):These points represent your overall player experience. You will receive PXPs when you level up in a specific game. PXPs will also help you to gain units.
- Units: You won’t earn any units by playing games in the Mistplay app. However, every time you level up your profile, you will receive units. So, you will earn units by accumulating PXPs and GXPs. Units are essentially Mistplay currency that you can redeem for prizes and rewards.
How Much Are Mistplay Points Worth?
As I touched on above, Mistplay uses Units rather than points. The number of units you need to redeem a reward, depends on the specific reward. There is an approximate conversion rate of 1,500 units is equal to $5.
How Do You Get Paid With Mistplay?
There are a number of rewards you can choose once you accumulate sufficient units. For example, you can choose a $5 Visa card for 1,500 units, or get $10 of Steam credit for 3,000 units.
You can also choose to swap your units for gift cards for stores including:
- Google Play
Begin the redemption process by clicking “Shop”. You can then browse the rewards and number of units you will need to claim them. Once you find a reward, click “Buy” to submit your order. You will see a prompt to confirm your order. Just be sure to check your currency and email address before you process your redemption request.
Mistplay cannot make changes to any redemption requests, once you have clicked “Confirm”. You can expect to receive your digital reward within 48 hours via email.
Pros and Cons of Mistplay
- Earn gift cards and other rewards: You can receive gift cards from only $0.50, which only requires approximately 150 units.
- No need to provide credit card info: You can access the Mistplay app using your Facebook or Google profile, so you don’t need to provide any credit card or personal information.
- No ads: Unlike many reward apps, you won’t be bombarded with ads as you play. There are no ads on Mistplay, so you can play games without any disturbance.
- Available for teens: Mistplay is one of the few reward apps that are available for teens 13+.
- Low earnings: The earning potential varies, but numerous Mistplay reviews suggest it is unlikely that you will be able to earn over $1 per hour. This isn’t bad if you are simply earning a little cash doing something you enjoy, but it is not really a legit side hustle.
- Android only: While Mistplay has an iOS version in the works, currently, it is only accessible for Android users.
- Limited games: The choice of games on Mistplay is determined by the developer demand. This may mean that you may find the current list of Mistplay games unappealing.
- It gets harder as you level up: The earning rates for units slows down significantly as you progress through the levels of the game. This will limit the rewards you can collect.
Alternatives to Mistplay
Mistplay is not unique and there are other apps like Mistplay that offer the opportunity to earn cash and other prizes in your spare time.
Mistplay vs Inboxdollars
Inboxdollars is a little more flexible than Mistplay, as you can earn cash by playing games, completing surveys and providing your opinions. Additionally, there is higher earning potential. Inboxdollars claims if you spend 10 minutes a day, you could earn $50 a month.
Mistplay vs Swagbucks
Swagbucks is another flexible platform, where you can accumulate SBs or points for playing games, answering surveys, online shopping, watching videos, participating in polls and visiting websites. There is even a $10 welcome bonus.
Is Mistplay free?
Yes, Mistplay is free to download and free to play. You won’t see ads and you can play games and earn rewards with no cost, apart from your time.
Does Mistplay sell your information?
Although you don’t need to provide your credit card information, Mistplay will collect personal details. It may also disclose some personal information for business purposes. However, the company will not sell your personal information.
What’s the catch with Mistplay?
Mistplay is a legit app to earn gift cards and other rewards. However, you need to be prepared that you will earn slowly. You’ll need to play games for hours to earn sufficient units. This means that you need to enjoy playing games and typically spend your free time playing to make the most of the app.