DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Honeygain is an app that enables users to earn a passive income by sharing their internet connection with others. The platform is relatively new and was only founded in 2018. However, it has already built a strong audience since it was founded. Earning money with Honeygain is effortless and all you need to do is to set up the app, then you can sit back and let it earn some extra cash for you.
- High earning potential – earn $1 for every 10GB of data that you share with others. Top earners on the platform can earn up to $67 per month.
- Generous referral program – get $5 for each person you refer to Honeygains, plus 10% of all their earnings from sharing their internet bandwidth.
- Maximize earnings with more IP addresses – use Honeygains on just one network for every device that you have to maximize your potential earnings.
- 2 payment options – cash out your earnings either via PayPal (payment usually within 2 to 3 days) or Bitcoin (payment usually within 1 week).
- High minimum withdrawal threshold – you must have at least $20 in earnings before you can cash out. This can take up to 1 month to accumulate.
- Not suitable if you have limited data – you need to share 200GB of data to earn enough to cash out, which may not be possible with limited data.
Best Passive Income Apps
Invest your spare change in a diversified portfolio built by experts
Expect up to 7.5% annually returns with plans starting from $3 a month
Earn bonus investments from 350+ Acorns Earn partners
Invest in real estate properties with a $10 minimum initial investment
Historical annual return varies from 8.8% to 12.4% (2019 – 9.47%)
Low annual fees: advisory – 0.15%; management fee – 0.85%
What is Honeygain & How it Works?
Honeygain is an app that uses your internet connection for data collection purposes.
You can download the app to your windows, macOS or Android device. After installation, when you’re connected to WiFi, it will begin to share your internet connection. Honeygain uses its network to gather information from the web and conduct market research.
This does not mean the app spies on you. It doesn’t track your browsing habits or behavior. Rather, it issues your internet to conduct web searches.
Honeygain is very transparent about how its platform works. It explains that essentially, you’ll rent out your network connection you’re not using.
Companies use this data to crowdsource information. This helps them to do price comparisons, plan SEO strategies and protect their own brand.
This is a win win scenario, as companies can perform their online tasks efficiently and you get paid for your excess data. With all Honeygain’s users sharing a bit of their internet connection, companies can gain access to a massive network to gather various information around the world without any blockages.
In simple terms, Honeygain is a mediator, helping its users to earn money from companies who need data. Here are the exact steps involved in making money with Honeygain.
How to Make Money with Honeygain?
Step 1 – Setup
The initial set up is very straightforward. You’ll need to complete a registration form and then Honeygain will send you an email so you can confirm your account.
During sign up for this Honeygain review, I also saw a prompt to download the Honeygain app for all my devices.
Step 2 – Run Honeygain
Once you’re connected to WiFi, the Honeygain app will run and securely share your internet without accessing your personal data.
Step 3 – Let it gather
Your connection will then be used to gather data from the internet.
Step 4 – Help businesses
Companies will use this data for various services.
Step 5 – Get paid
Once you reach $20 in earnings, you can redeem your earnings via Paypal. PayPal is the only payment method offered by the platform.
Is Honeygain Legit?
Honeygain is certainly a legit platform. If you don’t mind sharing your data with an app in the background of your device, you should not even notice that Honeygain is working.
Honeygain will not keep any of your personal data stored on their servers. So, you don’t need to worry about your security and privacy.
Additionally, you can turn off your data sharing on your device at any time.
How Much Can I Earn with Honeygain?
You’ll receive payment based on how much internet you share. The current rate is 1 credit for every 10 MB of traffic through your network.
Each credit is worth approximately $0.01. So, you’ll need to accumulate 10 GB to earn $1.
How to Maximize Earnings with Honeygain?
The best way to boost your Honeygain earnings is to share the app with your friends. The company has a referral program, so you can earn some cash yourself and help your friends to earn extra money.
You’ll earn 10% of your referral’s earnings. So, for each $10, your referral earns, you’ll get $1. Additionally, your referral will receive $5 for signing up using your referral link or promo code.
The Honeygain system will automatically update the earnings each day, so you can track your referral bonuses.
You can also maximize your earnings by connecting more devices. Honeygain allows you to have up to five devices connected. However, the company recommends spreading your connected devices across several internet addresses.
How Do You Get Paid?
Honeygain pays genuine cash. There is a minimum cash out threshold of $20. Once you reach this level, you can request an immediate payment.
Where Can You Use Honeygain?
Honeygain is not location dependent. You can use the app wherever you live, anywhere in the world, providing you have a high quality, steady internet connection.
Honeygain Pros & Cons
- Easy Installation: It takes next to no time to download and set up the app on your devices. The app is also compatible with Windows, MacOS and Android devices. The app also has a straightforward design, so it is easy to use.
- Safe to Use: Honeygain does not track or store your personal data or internet habits.
- Great Referral Program: You can earn a percentage of your referral’s earnings with $5 for each referral who signs up using your unique link.
- Customer Support: You can contact Honeygain with any queries or issues at any time.
- May Reduce Your Battery Life: If Honeygain is running 24/7 on your device, it will have an impact on your battery life. If you have an older device, you may lose as much as 10% of your battery life each day.
- Can Use Your Data Plan: Honeygain will start to use your data as soon as you’re connected to WiFi. So, it should only be used if you have an unlimited plan.
- High Minimum Payout: Since you’re likely to earn $1 or $2 per day, the $20 minimum payout can be a little steep. Honeygain reviews confirm, you’ll need to be patient.
- Won’t Work on Inactive Connections: The app will only generate an income if the device is active.
What are the Alternatives to Honeygain?
Honeygain vs. PacketStream
PacketStream is a proxy network that operates in a similar way to Honeygain. You can make a massive income by downloading the software and allowing it to run in the background of your device.
The rate of pay works out the same as Honeygain. You’ll earn $0.10 for each gig of bandwidth. Where PacketStream differs from Honeygain is its referral program.
You can still make some extra money by referring family members and friends. But, you’ll only receive a 3% commission on your referral’s earnings. The company does have promotions periodically, where you can earn more, but generally, Honeygains program is more attractive.
Honeygain vs. Packity
Packity offers the same rates as Honeygain and PacketStream. So, you can earn $0.10 per gig. Unfortunately, Packity penalizes users with inconsistent uptime. If your nodes have a consistency rate of 59% or less, you will only receive $0.05 per gig.
Other aspects of the platform are very similar to Honeygain and PacketStream. But, while Packity claims to offer solid customer support, it is lacking.
There is a website splash page, where you need to supply your name, email address and message and then wait for a response. Many reviews have comments about how they have waited for months to receive a message from the Packity team.
Other Passive Income Sites Like Honeygain
Alternative Money Making Apps
Is It Safe to Use Honeygain?
This company is proud of the services they offer. Honeygain works with Fortune 500 companies, data scientists and other professional organizations.
Honeygain ensures that user data is kept secure. It does not store any provider data and only retains the information necessary to track and provide payments. This includes your email address and IP addresses.
So, you can feel confident that your using a legit app from a reputable platform.