DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
GrubHub is an online food delivery company based in Chicago. The company has been around for over a decade since it was founded in 2004. GrubHub processes over 745,000 orders every single day. It is also one of the most widely available food delivery platforms and it offers its services in over 4000 US cities. Becoming a GrubHub driver is hence one of the best side hustles to earn extra income.
- High earnings potential – new drivers can earn around $12 per hour. As you get more familiar with the area, this can increase to up to $20 per hour.
- Instant cash out – GrubHub drivers can cash out their earnings at any time by paying a fee of $0.50. This fee is waived for Chase Bank customers.
- Earn more from tips and peak periods – you get to keep 100% of the tips they get. You can also earn more by working during periods with high demand.
- Up to 4 different delivery options – you can deliver either by car or motorcycle. Some cities like NYC and allow delivery by scooter or bicycle.
- High minimum age to join – you must be at least 19 years old to deliver with GrubHub (21 in Las Vegas), making it not a good side hustle for teens.
- Long approval wait time – some cities have too many drivers & you may be waitlisted. Even after that, you need to wait up to 10 days to get your gear.
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Delivery Driver Jobs
Experienced delivery drivers can earn up to $21 per hour ($13 on average)
Choose when you want to work based on your schedule in 1000 cities
Delivery snacks, drinks, grocery, quick meals, cleaning supplies and more
Earn $25 per hour plus keep 100% of your tips (4000 cities in USA)
You can use any mode of transportation: your car, bicycle or motorcycle
You have the freedom to pick and choose which orders you want to accept
How Does Grubhub Work?
How Much Can You Make With Grubhub?
Who is Grubhub Best for?
Grubhub Benefits: What Does Grubhub Offer?
Scheduling Working Hours
However, note that if you cancel a block within 72 hours of its start, or if you do not show up for your scheduled block, your Grubhub account may become restricted.
Grubhub Recognition Program
|Partner||Complete 20 deliveries.||None|
|Pro||100% attendance rate for scheduled blocks. 85% or more order acceptance rate.||Early access to new blocks and larger catering orders|
|Premier||100% attendance rate. 95% or more acceptance rate.||First choice of delivery blocks|
Your level can change and depends on your activity in the last 30 days.
Grubhub Costs to Consider
Grubhub Payout Terms and Options?
You will need to pay a $0.50 fee each time you use the instant cash-out feature.
Grubhub Reviews: is Grubhub Legit?
|Review Website||Grubhub Review|
|Trustpilot||2.6 out of 5 stars|
|Sitejabber||1.17 out of 5 stars|
|Indeed||3.2 out of 5 stars|
What Are the GrubHub Pros & Cons?
How Good is Grubhub Support and Knowledge Base?
Grubhub Review Verdict: is Grubhub Worth It?
How to Start Earning With Grubhub?
Step 1: Apply to Become a Delivery Driver
Step 2: Get the Necessary Equipment
Step 3: Onboarding
Step 4: Schedule Hours and Start Working
Sites like Grubhub
|Pay Per Hour||Around $12 plus tips||$15 to $25||Up to $21||Up to $22 with tips|
|Schedule||Schedule in advance or work any time||Schedule shifts up to 7 days in advance or work instantly||Flexible||Schedule up to 5 days in advance|
|Best For||Daily withdrawals||High-paying gig jobs||Grocery delivery gigs||Weekly payments|
Grubhub vs. Doordash
Grubhub vs. GoPuff
You can join GoPuff as a delivery driver to find gig-type jobs if you prefer to deliver groceries instead of food.
Grubhub vs. Shipt
Other Sites Like Grubhub
Alternative Gig Economy Jobs