DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Shipt is a US-based, same-day grocery and household essentials delivery service. The platform was founded in 2014 and bought over by Target in 2017. With Shipt, you can earn up to $22 per hour or more as a shopper. The job scope of Shipt shoppers is straightforward – shop for groceries and deliver them to customers. As a shopper, your working hours are flexible too, making it a great side hustle.
- High earnings potential in some areas – according to Shipt, you can earn up to $22 per hour shopping for orders and delivering them to customers.
- Weekly payments – you will not need to wait until the end of every month to receive payment since Shipt gives its shoppers 1 paycheck every week.
- Start shopping within 5 days of approval – you can start earning once you get your Shipt card and a shopper shirt within 3 to 5 days of approval.
- Easy to apply to be a shopper – the application process takes just 10 minutes and is open to people who are at least 18, with a 1997 or newer vehicle.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds – some larger orders may require some heavy lifting. You must be prepared to carry heavy weights at times.
- Some areas have low demand – in less populous areas, there may be fewer orders and you may only earn between $10 to $15 per hour even after tips.
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Delivery Driver Jobs
Experienced delivery drivers can earn up to $21 per hour ($13 on average)
Choose when you want to work based on your schedule in 1000 cities
Delivery snacks, drinks, grocery, quick meals, cleaning supplies and more
Earn $25 per hour plus keep 100% of your tips (4000 cities in USA)
You can use any mode of transportation: your car, bicycle or motorcycle
You have the freedom to pick and choose which orders you want to accept
How Does Shipt Work?
You will earn a commission after you complete each delivery successfully.
How Much Can You Make With Shipt?
You could earn up to $22 per hour or more as a Shipt personal shopper.
Who is Shipt Best for?
Shipt Benefits: What Does Shipt Offer?
Shipt Costs to Consider
Shipt Payout Terms and Options?
Shipt shoppers can also cash out their earnings immediately, although this might involve an additional fee.
Shipt Reviews: is Shipt Legit?
|Review Website||Shipt Reviews|
|Indeed||3.4 out of 5 stars|
|Trustpilot||4.3 out of 5 stars|
|G2||4.2 out of 5 stars|
However, some users have complained that the gig economy jobs on the platform require significant physical effort. Thus, this might make the platform unsuitable for less physically inclined individuals.
What Are the Shipt Pros & Cons?
How Good is Shipt Support and Knowledge Base?
Furthermore, the platform also features 24/7 support via live chat or over the phone. Thus, you can contact a support representative for help if you require it.
Shipt Review Verdict: is Shipt Worth It?
Overall, the benefits of Shipt make it one of the best gig economy platforms that you can join to make money fast.
How to Start Earning With Shipt?
Step 1: Apply to Become a Shopper
Step 2: Complete the Necessary Paperwork
Step 3: Start Accepting Gigs on the Shipt App
After completing each delivery successfully, mark it as delivered in the Shipt app. You will receive your earnings based on the Shipt payment schedule.
Sites like Shipt
|Pay Per Hour||Up to $22 with tips||$15 to $25||Around $12 plus tips||Up to $21|
|Schedule||Schedule up to 5 days in advance||Schedule shifts up to 7 days in advance or work instantly||Flexible||Flexible|
|Best For||Weekly payments||High-paying gig jobs||Daily withdrawals||Grocery delivery|
Shipt vs. DoorDash
Shipt vs. Grubhub
Shipt vs. GoPuff
Other Sites Like Shipt
Alternative Gig Economy Jobs