DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Best Sites to Sell Stuff
Over 3 million products sold in 12 months with a year limited warranty
Sell smartphones, tablets, laptops books, watches, video games and Lego
Get a free instant item valuation, ship your item for free and get paid
No fees for sellers – buyers pay no fees up $50 items. $5+ thereafter
Sell computers, home tech, cameras, phones, watches, laptops and tablets
Sell your item directly to buyer and get paid the next day via PayPal
8 Best Ways to Sell Gift Cards
CardCash buys unused gift cards for slightly less than their value. They then resell them at discounted rates to savvy shoppers.
Generally, you could get up to 92% cash for your card. For example, CardCash would give you $78 for your neglected $100 Ulta gift card.
Alternatively, you can trade your unwanted gift card and get up to 9% more. For instance, for the same $100 Ulta gift card, you could get an $80.73 Amazon or $83.46 CVS Pharmacy gift card.
Getting cash or another gift card in exchange for your unused gift card with CardCash is easy. After you enter the issuer and the value of your gift card on the website, you will see how much you’ll get. Simply click on the button to get the cash and select how you want to receive your payment – check, ACH or PayPal.
Raise is a marketplace for selling and buying gift cards. The platform lets you list your unused gift card and receive funds via direct deposit, PayPal or check when you sell.
For instance, you could get $90.16 for your unused $100 JCPenney gift card.
To sell your gift card via Raise, you need to go through simple steps:
- First, visit the Sell Gift Cards page and enter a retailer name.
- Then enter your gift card details such as the value and serial number.
- Next, the selling price will auto-populate based on similar listings. However, you can override the suggestion and set your own price.
- Finally, after you submit the listing, the Raise team will review it within 24-72 hours before publishing.
3. Gift Card Grany
Gift Card Granny allows you to sell or exchange your unwanted gift cards.
In order to sell your unused gift card online, follow the simple steps below:
- First, enter the gift card brand and its value.
- Next, select the offer that suits your preferences. For example, you can get $78.6 – $85 for a $100 Target gift card via check, direct deposit or PayPal.
- Finally, confirm your offer by providing gift card details and get money within a few days.
Alternatively, you could find your local gift card exchange station and request an offer from them. This way, if you accept the offer, you’ll get paid instantly.
4. Gift Card Spread
Gift Card Spread allows you to sell your gift cards at your own terms. You select the price you want to sell your card for and you don’t have to wait for days to get your payment.
Selling your unwanted gift card with Gift Card Spread:
- First, make an offer by entering your gift card issuer and the price you want to sell it for.
- Then, the company representative will contact you to tell you if they accepted your offer or not. They may offer you a more adequate price for your gift card, which you can accept or reject.
- Once you have agreed on the offer, you will provide your payout info and all the details of your gift card.
- Finally, when the company verifies that they got your gift card either electronically or by mail, they will issue the payment.
GiftCash offers you up to 92% cash for your unwanted gift cards.
In order to get a cash offer for your unused gift cards, simply enter details like the merchant and the gift card balance. If you like the offer and accept it, you will receive cash within 5 to 15 days either via ACH or on your Cryptocurrency wallet.
GiftCardBin will offer you cash for your unused gift cards when you visit one of their 400 partner locations within the US and Canada.
To get an offer, first find the GiftCardBin partner location near you. Then, bring your gift card to your nearby station and request an offer. You will get an instant offer and get paid on-site if you accept the deal.
However, if your gift card merchant isn’t listed on their website, you can still email them at email@example.com to find out if they are willing to purchase your card.
Selling your gift card to ClipKard:
- First, you need to enter the details like the brand of the gift card and its value to get an offer.
- Once you accept the offer you need to ship your gift card to the company. ClipKart provides free USPS first class shipping.
- Finally, when ClipKard confirms the delivery, you will get paid within 3-10 days via check or PayPal. Payout via PayPal is typically faster, taking approximately 3 days to get your funds.
8. Card Yard
Card Yard is the UK’s top gift card exchange platform purchasing only physical gift cards. While you can sell your gift cards from anywhere in the world, you need to have a UK billing address.
In order to sell your unwanted gift cards via Card Yard, first you need to enter your gift card details to get an offer. If you’re happy with the offer, you have to send your gift card to the company. After Card Yard validates your card, they will release your payment and place your gift card on their marketplace for sale.
What Can You Do With Unwanted Gift Cards?
How many gift cards have you received in recent years that are just laying in your drawers?
Maybe you’re not shopping at that store, or it isn’t available in your current city at all. Maybe the gift card you got doesn’t have enough value for you to add your own money to buy something with it.
In fact, you’re not the only one storing gift cards that would probably go to waste soon.
Mercator Advisory Group has estimated that $3 billion worth of gift cards go unused each year.
Summing up the amounts of each gift card you probably wish you could get cash for those unused gift cards.
Rather than losing money, why not profit from your unwanted gift cards?
If you sell gift cards, you won’t get the full value, but it’s better than losing 100% of it.
You can even get free gift cards for completing some simple tasks online.
Indeed, there are a number of ways to profit from your unwanted gift cards.
From regifting to selling them for cash, you could put your rejected gift cards to good use.
Let’s see what are the best ways to benefit by getting rid of them.
1. Regift Your Unwanted Gift Cards To Your Friends and Family
Maybe you don’t dine at the restaurant or shop in certain shops, but your friends or family do. Or maybe they would like to test new products or services from those certain places that you rejected?
By regifting your unwanted gift cards, you not only put them to good use but also can save money on holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas or even birthdays.
2. Exchange Your Unwanted Gift Cards With People You Know
Chances are people you know also have a number of gift cards they will never use. Maybe they let dust gather on the exact gift cards that you could put to good use. In exchange, you could be owning a valuable gift card for them.
Network with people in your office, college, gym or wherever you meet people to discover what you could exchange.
3. Purchase Items With Your Gift Cards To Sell Them
If you have a gift card for goods that you don’t really need, you could still purchase them and sell them. While you can’t sell items for the full price, you could get 80-90% of its retail price. This is definitely better than losing 100% of it.
Consider buying popular items from particular retailers to sell them more easily.
But how do you sell the items you just redeemed? Easy! Just list them on eBay or Craigslist. Rest assured, there will be people who would be more than happy to purchase products in a new condition with discounted prices.
4. Redeem Gift Cards For Cash
While returning gift cards to the issuing retailer is probably the best option, not all retailers accept returns.
However, there are some that do. And in order to qualify for the return, most retailers will ask you to provide the receipt. So you need to go to the person who gifted that card to you and request it.
The retailers may offer you following for your unused gift card:
- They may return the gift card giving you 90% or less of the card’s value.
- They may provide you an in-store credit, which will probably be worthless for you if you don’t shop at that store anyways.
5. Sell Gift Cards For Cash Online
Selling your unwanted gift cards for cash is probably the best option to consider. There are a number of websites that allow you to either sell or exchange your gift cards to ones that you will actually use.
Let’s say you have a $100 gift card from Target. Selling it online, you could get as much as $90.
How Can I Exchange Gift Cards for Cash?
There are two main options you have to exchange your unused gift cards for cash.
- First is to return it to the retailer. But this option is connected with quite a lot of hassle. First of all, not all the retailers accept returns and whoever does, they request the receipt from you.
- On the other hand, you can sell your gift cards online, which is a much easier way to get cash. You will see 9 best websites where you can list your neglected gift cards and get cash instantly in this article. Let’s jump right in!