Best Sites to Sell Junk Car
Get your free offer instantly via online form or call on (855) 925 4302
$0 fees + you don’t have to pay for towing – Peddle will take care of it
Get paid in check during the pick up for any car (damaged, junk, wrecked)
Quick car evaluation without the hassle – sell your car within 30 min
Choose a convenient date and time for free pick-up, as soon as next day
Get cash in hand the same day the Wheelzy agent picks up your car
10 Places to Sell Car to Junkyard
Peddle is a car acquisition company based in Austin, Texas. The company operates in 50 U.S states and has bought, sold, and repurposed over 2 million cars.
The company also owns Peddle Carriers, a towing business that helps it acquire cars. It also has an affiliate program where independent towing businesses and junkyards sell cars to it.
How to sell a car to Peddle?
Peddle is not strict with its requirements. You just need to provide information on the type of car, model, zip code, and condition of wheels, tires, battery, interior, and exterior body parts.
You will also tell the company about the type of title you have; a clean title, rebuilt title, or if you don’t have one. The company has towing services that help sellers transport their cars. They also help connect sellers to offers on behalf of Peddle.
Sellers anywhere can also access Peddle through its independent affiliates and enjoy the same treatment. Peddle does not charge the seller for its service.
The whole process of selling your car to Peddle can take up to 15 minutes:
- First, visit Peddle and get an offer for your car.
- Fill out the information about your car – the condition, model, year, mileage, and title.
- After providing your car information, you have a 7-day waiting period to accept the company’s offer.
- If you accept the offer, the company sends its personnel to pick the car and give you a paycheck.
Recent Peddle Offers
|Ford (Explorer Sport Trac)||2004||145,000||$1,170|
Emerging as one of the best junk car brokers, Wheelzy is an online car buying platform based in Orlando, Florida. The company has been in business for over 5 years, serving over 190,000 customers nationwide.
It takes up to 30 minutes to get an offer for your car. You can also access the company in-store if you prefer one-on-one exchanges to online exchanges.
How to sell a car to Wheelzy?
Selling a junk car to Wheelzy is a straightforward process:
- Visit Wheelzy and fill in your car information. You will also need to provide your zip code and phone number. In this section, you can inform the company of any damages to the car.
- After filling in the car assessment information, an offer is generated for you. You are then given a number to contact them to discuss the offer.
- If you accept the offer, a pick-up day will be scheduled.
- The condition of your car will be checked, the car towed away, and you will get paid instantly.
Wheelzy also offers sellers a title signing service. Each state has different title requirements and the company provides each title with a seller’s state requirements. The company offers paperwork services saving sellers from going to the DMV. It has a 24 to 48 hours payment schedule.
Recent Wheelzy Offers
|Hyundai (Tucson)||2006||200,000||Doesn’t start||$400|
|Mercury (Sable Sedan)||2003||150,000||Doesn’t start||$225|
|Ford (Edge)||2010||200,000||Doesn’t start||$1,200|
|Lexus (RX)||2002||300,000||Doesn’t start||$750|
|Chevrolet (Cobalt Sedan)||2007||200,000||Doesn’t start||$200|
CarBrain is an online platform that allows you to quickly and easily sell your damaged vehicle. The process is simple and straightforward.
You only need to:
- Enter your vehicle details through an online form on CarBrain’s website.
- Receive an instant offer on your vehicle or a guaranteed offer shortly after submitting your information.
- Accept the offer provided by CarBrain.
- Wait for CarBrain to come and inspect your vehicle.
- Provide the keys, signed title, and access to the car to CarBrain.
- Get paid.
CarBrain works with a nationwide network of partners to pick up your vehicle and pay you within 24-48 hours of accepting the offer. The amount you can get for your damaged car depends on the make and model, car age, and condition.
CarBrain’s process is completely free, and they will handle all the paperwork and towing. The company also offers payment by check and mail.
eBay Motors is an eBay platform that helps people to sell their used vehicles. Over 5 million vehicles have been sold on eBay Motors, making it a popular car auction site.
How to sell a car on eBay Motors?
- To sell your car on eBay Motors, visit eBay to become a member and register for a seller’s account.
- Next, you will create your vehicle listing. This involves taking several photos of your car and providing information about it. You will also place a price tag on your vehicle.
- Then, you can manage your listing by keeping in contact with potential buyers. You may need to track the bids you receive on your vehicle and adjust your selling price according to how the listing is performing.
- When you are satisfied with a bid, you can accept the payment through PayPal.
- Arrange for a pick-up or shipping date. eBay provides some reputable shipping companies. However, you are also encouraged to use your contacts if you find them trustworthy.
- Complete the sale by transferring your vehicle title to the new car owner. The US Department of Motor Vehicles has different rules on how to do this, depending on the state you are in.
eBay Motors requirements
On eBay Motors, the seller must make arrangements for shipping or pick up, which are normally paid for by the buyer. As a seller, you will also need to specify your payment details and terms such as whether you require a deposit first and how you will receive the payment.
Indicate on your listing whether you have performed a vehicle inspection or not. In addition, in some states such as California, a car seller must complete a smog check and pay all car-related taxes before selling a vehicle to a new owner.
eBay Motors allows the seller to choose a price they see fit for their vehicle. This can also be changed depending on how your vehicle listing is being received by potential buyers.
eBay Motors fees for sellers
eBay Motors charges a car seller certain fees that depend on different factors. These can be whether you are a high volume or low volume seller and the type of tool you use to list your car.
If you list less than seven vehicles in a calendar year, eBay Motors classifies you as a low-volume seller. If you go above that number, you automatically become a high-volume seller.
Low-volume sellers can choose either the Basic, Plus or Premium package, whereas high-volume sellers are offered the Plus or Premium package. All sellers can sell their cars through an auction or fixed-price listing. The platform also charges a deposit processing fee of 2.8% + $0.30 of your deposit payout.
|What’s Included||Auction or fixed-price format includes: 12 photos. Auction/duration up to 7 days. AutoCheck (Cars & Trucks listings only||Auction format includes: 18 photos. Auction up to 7 days. Reserve price up to $20,000 (Cars & Trucks, Other Vehicles & Trailers, and Boat listings). Reserve price up to $10,000 (Motorcycles and Powersports listings). The fixed-price format includes: 18 photos. Duration up to 30 days AutoCheck (Cars & Trucks listings only)||Auction format includes: 24 photos. Gallery Plus upgrade. Auction up to 10 days Unlimited Reserve price. Add ‘Buy It Now’. Bold title and Subtitle upgrades. The fixed-price format includes: 24 photos. Gallery Plus upgrade. Duration up to 30 days AutoCheck (Cars & Trucks listings only). Bold title and Subtitle upgrades|
Based in Richmond, Virginia this used car buyer was started in 1993. Currently, CarMax operates in over 40 states nationwide with more than 223 stores. CarMax has bought and sold more than 9 million cars to date.
CarMax has two options for a person looking to sell their car. You either get an instant or make an appointment to visit the store.
To sell your car to CarMax, simply follow these steps:
- Visit the CarMax website and fill in your car details.
- The platform automatically generates an offer in about 2 minutes after you submit your car details.
- When you are comfortable with the offer, set up an appointment by entering a location and time for pick up. A countdown for the 7 day waiting period will be sent to you.
- On the day of pickup, the company will issue you a check or cash for your car.
To sell your car on CarMax, you will need to provide your car title, a valid and current registration, as well as a state-issued ID.
You must also provide additional information such as any previous accidents, frame damage, mechanical issues, and odometer condition and modifications
CarMax fees for sellers
CarMax does not charge any fees for selling your car on the platform. However, some processing fees may apply. These can range from $100 to $400.
The Clunker Junker
The Clunker Junker is an American car buying company that was founded in 2010. The company works with a network of trusted same-day car buyers in all 50 American states. It’s easy to sell your car on this platform.
- If you want to sell your car on this site, visit The Clunker Junker website and fill in some information about your vehicle and where it is located.
- The company will then send you an instant offer for your vehicle.
- Once you accept the offer, you will schedule a pick-up at a place and time you find convenient. It usually takes 1 to 3 business days for the company to pick up your car.
- The company will send a carrier who will inspect your vehicle to verify your condition.
- You will then receive payment in either cash or check.
Autowranglers have been buying used cars since 1990. The company uses a data-driven algorithm to buy junk and used cars across all states in the US.
To sell your car to Autowranglers, simply follow these steps:
- Submit some information about your car using an online form on the company’s site. Alternatively, you can provide this information via a phone call.
- The company collects all your car information and makes you an offer.
- If you accept the offer, Autowranglers will schedule a pickup for your car. Upon pickup, the company will verify title requirements and physically inspect your car to verify its condition.
- Once the inspection is complete and your car is approved for sale, you will receive a check. Autowranglers will tow your car away free of charge.
JunkCarsUS helps people in the United States to sell their cars to scrap. For nearly 30 years, the company has been buying used cars regardless of their condition.
To sell your car to JunkCarsUS, simply follow these steps:
- Simply call the company or fill out an online form to provide details about your car.
- You will instantly receive an offer for your car.
- Upon accepting the offer, you will make an appointment to have your car picked up at your location. The company will take care of any required paperwork.
- After the staff inspects and verify the condition of your car, you will receive your payment and the car will be taken away for free.
Junk My Car
Junk My Car buys old vehicles and collects them free of charge. The company was launched in 2004 and has been buying cars of all conditions across the United States.
To sell your car to Junk My Car, simply follow these steps:
- First, you will submit information about your car.
- The company will send you an offer within minutes.
- If you accept the offer, you will schedule a time and place to have your car picked up.
- A team will come to inspect and verify that the information you submitted online matches the condition of your car.
- Upon approval, you will receive a check and have your car towed away.
Junk My Car requires information about your car including the condition, title status, location, and other few details.
Junk Car Masters
Junk Car Masters is another reliable car buying company that has been buying used and damaged cars for several years.
In 4 easy steps, you can get rid of your junk car.
- Visit Junk Car Masters and click on “enter car details” to fill in the details of your damaged vehicle.
- You will receive an offer based on the information you provided
- After you accept the offer, the company will send a car towing service to pick your car within 24 and 48 hours.
- After the vehicle is picked, the company will process your payment and you will get paid.
What is the Best Way to Sell a Junk Car?
If you have a local car junkyard that is close to you, you might want to visit them. It saves you plenty of time and you get to negotiate the selling price in person.
However, if you can’t find a junkyard to dispose of your car, you should consider some of the options on this list.
What are Junkyard Cars Worth?
Junkyard cars have different values, depending on their condition. Some cars may end up as scrap while others can be refurbished and sold to car buyers through an auction or other means.
Do You Need a Title to Sell Car to Junkyard?
In most cases, you need a title to sell a car to a junkyard. However, some dealers can buy your old car even if you don’t have its title. In this case, you will need to provide proof of ownership such as the car’s registration copy or driver’s license.
What Paperwork Do I Need to Sell My Car to a Junkyard?
The documentation you need typically shows proof of ownership. The primary documents of ownership are the car’s title and registration. Other paperwork may include an auction sales receipt, mechanic’s lien, storage lot lien, or repossession affidavit.