DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
The content is for informational purposes only. Conduct your own research and seek advice of a licensed financial advisor. Terms.
14 Websites to Sell Your House
(Site commission: 10%)
Zillow offers a direct quote for your house. This means the company will purchase your house immediately and you don’t have to handle fixing your house, meeting buyers and closing the deals.
Once you submit your application, Zillow will handle everything from evaluating your house to purchasing it and handling legal documentation.
Zillow is a dream real estate company for many people selling their houses, because the company buys houses instantly, whereas traditional sales usually take around 76 days.
(Site commission: 6% – 13%)
iBuyer offers a hassle-free process of selling your house.
The platform has a great range of real buyers who are seeking houses for sale. And what iBuyer does is they match you with those buyers without you having to show them around.
Simply enter your house address on the iBuyer website to receive a cash offer within 24 hours. iBuyers offers an accurate instant valuation tool that provides an estimate for your house and helps you with the paperwork.
(Site commission: 5% – 14%)
Opendoor removes any hassle related to selling your house from your shoulders and buys your property directly.
After they review your submission, Opendoor will fine tune an offer for you based on the data they have generated from their previous offers on more than 600,000 houses.
In order to get a free cash offer from Opendoor, just enter your house address and submit the quick application.
However, if you’re not willing to sell your house immediately, Opendoor can also help you list it on their marketplace.
(Site commission: 1.25% convenience fee)
Knock empowers you to buy your new home before even selling your old house.
Here’s how it works:
- They will get you fully underwritten for a new home loan with Knock, including a down payment advance. This way, you can start making offers fast.
- You put down a winning offer on your preferred home and move in right away. You’ll pay your new mortgage while Knock covers the one for your old house.
- You pay up to $25,000 to Knock so they get your old house ready for listing on an open market.
- Finally, when your house sells, you’ll pay back Knock for the loan provided.
(Site commission: 6% – 10%)
Offerpad offers you 2 ways to sell your house:
- The first and the most hassle-free way is Offerpad purchasing your house directly. In this case, you just need to enter your house address and complete the quick application form to receive a free cash offer within 24 hours.
- Alternatively, you can let Offerpad list your house for sale on their open marketplace.
The best part about Offerpad is that you don’t have to host visitors in your house, rather you can show the company your home with photos. Optionally, you can also do a virtual walk-through.
Best Sites to Sell House On Your Own
(Site commission: 1%)
Redfin helps you sell your house on your own by providing a platform where you can list your property for sale.
Additionally, the company will handle all the advertising starting from running digital marketing campaigns to 3D walkthroughs.
All you’ve left to do is show potential buyers around and close the deal.
(Site commission: 6%)
Realtor offers you a one-sto-shop platform where you can track neighborhood trends, track your valuation & equity and ultimately list your house for sale on the open marketplace.
Moreover, Realtor also offers you professional real estate agents if you still need help selling your house.
(Site commission: 0%)
Xome makes it easy for you to sell your old home by yourself. It offers the auction-based platform, allowing you to list your house for sale.
What’s best about Xome is that they don’t charge you for selling your house.
While Xome helps you easily sell your house, they don’t have a large user base yet, that may elongate your house selling process.
(Site commission: 8-10%)
Trulia is one of the largest real estate marketplaces acquired by Zillow in 2015.
In order to list your house on Trulia, you need to create your listing through Zillow.
Listing your house on Trulia means your ad will be shown to potential buyers both on Trulia and Zillow marketplaces. And as both of the platforms are popular among people seeking houses, this allows you to sell your house fast.
(Site commission: $39/month)
HomeFinder is a public real estate marketplace where you can list your property for millions of potential buyers to discover it.
When a potential buyer contacts you, you need to handle everything from showing them around, to closing the deal and signing the papers.
Best Sites to Sell Your House With Real Estate Agents
(Site commission: 6%) – not sure, no info
Homesnap offers you knowledgeable and experienced real estate agents who will help you to sell your house fast and at a fair price.
In order to get matched to a real estate agent, simply select to find one in your area or search by name.
CENTURY 21 Real Estate
(Site commission: 6%)
CENTURY 21 Real Estate offers modern solutions for selling your house in a fast and hassle-free way.
Once you submit your house for sale, the real estate agents provided by the company will do marketing for your house to attract buyers. They also qualify the leads to ensure you’ll get the best offer for your property.
Coldwell Banker Realtors
(Site commission: 6%)
Coldwell Banker Realtors have a large team of professional real estate agents, who will help you sell your house with the best terms possible.
From setting the price to closing the deal and signing the papers, the Coldwell Banker Realtors will be there with you.
(Site commission: 6%)
RE/MAX is a global real estate agency that’s available around the world.
If you’re looking for a qualified real estate agent who will help you sell your house, simply browse the RE/MAX agent database in your location.
All of the real estate agents’ contact information is public so you can contact them with ease.
How to Sell Your House?
There are 3 main ways to sell your house. Let’s take a look at what options you have.
1. Sell Yourself
Obviously, the first option would be to sell your house yourself. This means you’ll need to do everything yourself starting from advertising to closing the deal and doing the paperwork.
But there are some things you should look into when you’re selling your house yourself.
- Do your research – search for similar properties in your area and ask their prices. Pricing your house properly is the most important thing, because if you offer the low price you’re leaving a lot of money on the table. And if you price it higher than the average, you won’t find any buyers.
- Advertising – in order to attract the buyers, you need to put up your advertising. It can be a brochure in front of your house, a post on Facebook targeted groups or even an ad on Craigslist. You will also find 5 best sites that will help you to sell your house yourself in this article.
- Meet the buyers and negotiate – when there are potential buyers, you’ll need to meet them and show them around. During this tour, you can negotiate your price and plan the next step, which is the paperwork.
- Do the paperwork – when you sell your house, you and the buyer need to sign the legal documents. People usually hire real estate lawyers to do it right.
2. Sell with Real Estate Agent
Real estate agents are people who have experience on market, meaning they know market prices and have sales skills to sell your house for the most money in a short period of time.
It’s also a real estate agent’s responsibility to find potential buyers and show them around.
In short, partnering with a real estate agent would eliminate your hassle in exchange for a commission out of your sale. Most real estate agents take 5% – 6% commission when they sell your house.
You can find 5 best sites to sell your house with a real estate agent in this article.
3. Sell to Home Buying Websites & Apps
There are websites and apps that would directly buy your house without you having to deal with multiple buyers. Basically how they work is these websites make you an offer for your property and will deal with the paperwork themselves.
Read on to find 5 best home buying websites and apps and understand how they work.
One of the most popular home buying websites is Zillow, which we’ll describe in details below.
How to Sell Your House Fast?
The fastest way to sell your house is to hire a real estate agent or put your house for sale on house buying websites like Zillow.
But no matter which way you choose to sell your house, setting an adequate price is the key to selling your house fast.