DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
The content is for informational purposes only. Conduct your own research and seek advice of a licensed financial advisor. Terms.
Best Places to Sell Car Parts for Cash
Get your free offer instantly via online form or call on (855) 925 4302
$0 fees + you don’t have to pay for towing – Peddle will take care of it
Get paid in check during the pick up for any car (damaged, junk, wrecked)
Get an offer within 2 minutes and sell your damaged car within 24 hours
Free vehicle towing and no fees to getting rid of your damaged car
The tow truck driver will arrive with your check (nationwide service)
6 Places to Sell Car Parts for Cash
You can sell car parts on Peddle by letting them buy your junk car no matter the condition to get you quick cash. All you have to do is:
- Tell them about your car condition, its model, and year of manufacture by filling an online form or calling them on (855) 925-4302
- Peddle will then present you with an offer instantly, but you have up to 7 days to think things through
- Accept the offer
- Once you have accepted the offer, Peddle will come tow the car for free, at no additional cost. You will then get paid in cash or check.
Recent Peddle Offers
|Ford (Explorer Sport Trac)||2004||145,000||$1,170|
Wheelzy will also help you sell car parts by buying your car, no matter the condition, model, or make. With Wheelzy, you get the most money your car is worth. To know what the price will be, contact their customer team at (855) 510-1108 or fill an online form to get an instant offer.
The offer includes a car removal fee, meaning there is no additional cost. Once you accept the offer, you arrange the pick-up time with them. Consequently, the expert team pays the agreed amount upon arrival in cash or check, with no baits or switch-ups.
Recent Wheelzy Offers
|Hyundai (Tucson)||2006||200,000||Doesn’t start||$400|
|Mercury (Sable Sedan)||2003||150,000||Doesn’t start||$225|
|Ford (Edge)||2010||200,000||Doesn’t start||$1,200|
|Lexus (RX)||2002||300,000||Doesn’t start||$750|
|Chevrolet (Cobalt Sedan)||2007||200,000||Doesn’t start||$200|
CarBrain is a US-based nationwide dealer that buys cars that are not in the best conditions and repurposes them for parts. Selling car parts to CarBrain is a fast and efficient process as the company is renowned for providing instant offers on most cars, and payment is made shortly after in 24 to 48 hours.
Selling your car parts to CarBrain is a three-stage process. You will need to:
- Fill your online application at CarBrain. After giving details about your car, CarBrain will analyze your request and send you an offer in less than 24hours.
- CarBrain gives you up to 7 days to make a decision on whether to accept or reject the offer. If you choose to accept the offer, you will hand over the car’s keys, title, and access.
- CarBrain will then pay you and pick the car 48 hours after you accept the offer
Selling your vehicle to CarBrain is a free process; if anything, CarBrain pays you. Carbrain rids you of the process of parting out your junk car and other professional costs. In fact, it will only take you 90 seconds if you choose their online offer. The amount you get from the sale of a vehicle depends on factors such as;
- The condition of the vehicle
- The age of the vehicle
- The make and model of the vehicle
If you are looking to sell car for parts within the same day, then CashforCars’ instant offer may be a good option for you. CashforCars platform is integrated with a calculator that takes into consideration commodity scrap pricing, market valuations, and demand to give you an instant cash offer within 60 seconds. They buy your car no matter the condition.
Selling car parts on CashforCars involves the following steps:
- Filling out a questionnaire on the car details. The standard car details are the title, the year of the car, and the model. In addition, you will answer some questions about the car’s condition. For instance, is the car operable? Are there any internal or external damages?
- Accepting the offer
- Uploading the picture of the tittle
- Choosing a 3-hour pick-up window
- Receiving payment at the point of arrival
If you are the type that doesn’t like complicated processes, then CashforCars would be your best choice. The platform also provides free towing services, no hidden fees, and pays you the amount agreed.
Always fill out the form honestly to avoid conflicts during pick up. The condition of your car or the car parts doesn’t matter. These platforms will buy your car no matter the condition.
DamagedCar is another online platform that helps you free up space in your driveway by towing your junk car at no extra cost. This reputable company will buy your car parts from you and pay you within a few days. What’s more, you do not need to worry about your location; DamagedCars pick up junk cars nationwide.
Sell car parts to DamagedCars within 48 hours by:
- Filling out a form on the DamagedCars site and get an instant offer depending on the type of car. In some instances, you will have to wait to get a guaranteed offer from them but not later than 48 hours.
- The next step is accepting the offer. You will give access to the car, the car keys, and the car title. DamagedCars are kind enough to help you get it from the lein holder if you do not have a title.
- Once you have accepted the offer, you will receive payment. On average, it takes between 24 hours to 48 hours for your car parts to be picked and to receive payment.
Founded in 1990, SellMax is now in 25 cities in America. SellMax comes in handy when you want to sell car parts as a whole. They will help you avoid the trouble of scrapping up your junk car as you can quickly get a quote and sell the same day.
Selling car parts on SellMax involves:
- Filling out a form
- Getting an offer for your cherished vehicle
- Accepting the offer
- Getting paid
Alternative Way to Sell Car Parts for Cash
Junk and Scrap Yards
Junk and scrap yards are an excellent way to sell car parts in your local area. All you have to do is go to Salvage-part.com, enter your location to find the nearest junkyard. While there is no set price for a car at a junkyard, several factors come to play. For example, the price of the car parts depends on the year of manufacture and the model.
Another thing to consider before reaching an agreement is the market price of scrap metal, which is affected not only by the US economy but also by scrap metal prices internationally.
Depending on the junk and scrap yard, additional charges may apply. For example, some yards may charge you for towing the car; others may not. Once the junk car has towed the car, they will decide whether they should restore it, recycle or get rid of it.
How To Sell Car Parts for Cash by Tearing Down Your Car?
Whether you got your car wrecked or it has finally maxed out its last mile, selling a car for parts is an excellent way to make some money. However, parting a vehicle is a process that needs some mechanical knowledge, a garage, and professional tools.
That said, once you have decided to sell your car for parts, you need to make a list of parts you like to sell. Then, create a column for the functioning and non-functioning components. In addition, have knowledge about the basics of the cars such as mileage, model, and year of manufacture even though it is a junk car.
After you have all the information about the condition of your car, look for a licensed and reputable car parts dealer.
Tearing Down the Car
Parting a car is like a full-time job. While it may be easier to assume that you will just hire a mechanic and all is done, it is crucial to understand that it may take weeks up to a couple of months. Alternatively, you can hire a mechanic to speed up the process. However, note that this may add to your costs. For example, a typical certified mechanic charges approximately $80 to $100 per hour.
Which Car Parts are Easy to Sell?
While there isn’t an exact timeframe to sell car parts, some of the car parts that sells easily include:
Other car parts that you might sell and may take more time up to a couple of months include:
- Plastic reservoirs
- Suspension parts
- Vehicle chassis
- Electrical wiring
Sell Car Parts FAQ
How much can you sell car parts?
Once you have removed the parts, you can sell them for the following prices:
- On average, $250 for transmission depending on mileage
- $500 for the engine- mileage dependant too
- An average of $80 for seats
- $150 for airbags
What car parts are on demand?
Most people are looking for ways to save money, and selling individual parts may bring you more money than selling as a whole. So here is a list of on-demand car parts:
- Fuel pump
- Brake pads
- Air filter
- Oxygen sensor
- Ignition coil
- Catalytic converters
Can i still sell car parts if i can’t move the car?
Yes. Most car platforms such as Wheelzy, Peddle, Carvana, and DamagedCar offer towing cars despite the location.