DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Raise App Review
- Sell partially used gift cards
- Save money on gift cards
- Easy to use app
- Access discount codes
- No sales guarantees
- 15% commission on all sales
Best Sites to Earn Some Pocket Money
$1 sign up bonus
$0.50-$3 on average per survey + Branded Elite Program – extra points for active members
Average survey length is 15 min and minimum payout is $10
On average, earn up to $20 each month
Survey times vary – 10 min to 20 min
Surveys are available in 40+ countries
What is the Raise App?
Raise is a money saving platform that aims to help people to sell or buy discounted gift cards. The company claims to have helped buyers to save over $150 million on their gift cards. You can also use Raise to make some extra cash selling unused or even partially used cards.
Generally, you can make money on more popular brands, but Raise allows you to sell practically any card.
The Raise app also provides access to discount codes and coupons. So, if you’re planning on making a purchase, it is worth checking out the app to see if there is a promotion that can save you some money on your purchase.
You can use the app to buy or sell discounted gift cards
Is Raise Safe?
Since you’re dealing with cash, you will want to know that the platform you’re using is safe. Raise is a secure platform that is protected by updated SSL certification.
In addition to this, Raise offers a money back guarantee. So, if you buy a card and you find that balance is inaccurate, the card is not active or the card is for a different brand, Raise will provide a refund.
There is also a money back guarantee. If you order a physical card and don’t receive it within 30 days, you can contact Raise and claim a refund.
There are also some solid Raise ratings:
|Google Play Store||3.5/5|
How to Sign Up with Raise?
The sign up process for the Raise app is quite straightforward.
- You can create your account using a valid email or your Facebook profile.
- Once you set up your password, you’ll receive a confirmation email to verify your details.
- After you confirm your contact details, you will need to add your payment information, so you can pay for your discounted gift cards. However, there is an option to add payment details at checkout. If you want to order physical cards, you will also need to set up your shipping address.
- You will also need to set up preferences for your payouts. This can be PayPal or ACH approval.
These processes can take a business day to confirm and after this point you can get paid for any gift cards you sell.
How to Use Raise App?
You can use the Raise app to buy or sell gift cards. This can help you to earn money on your unwanted cards or save money if you’re looking to make a purchase.
As a Seller:
After you set up your account, you will see the “Sell Gift Cards” tab on the top navigation bar.
- Enter the store name of the gift card
- Select “Get Started”
- Enter the card serial number, card balance, PIN and selling price, then click “Continue Listing”
- Review the details and confirm the listing.
The amount that you discount your card will largely depend on the competition currently on the app. For example, if other cards from a particular brand are selling with a 7% discount, you may choose to list your gift card with a 7.5% discount. This will allow your card to filter to the top of the display list.
There is no timeframe for cards to sell. Some cards sell almost immediately, while others may not sell at all. Raise shows the current discount rates for cards to the same brand. So, if you list your card with a larger discount, it is more likely to sell quickly.
As a Buyer:
When you’ve set up your account, you should see the “Buy Gift Cards” tab along the top navigation bar.
- Enter the store name for the card you would like to purchase
- Filter the results by discount to check the best deals or by balance if you’re looking for a specific amount.
- Select a card and click “Buy Now”
- Visit your cart to complete your order and select “Review and Checkout”
- Complete your payment details and finalize your order
- Raise will send digital cards to your email address, while physical cards will be mailed to the address you provide.
Since Raise operates as a live marketplace, there is a risk that cards can sell out. So, you should complete your order within ten minutes of adding cards to Raise cart. Raise only reserves cards for this amount of time before they are returned to the marketplace.
Since Raise is an open marketplace, there are no limitations on the cards you can buy and sell. However, you need to bear in mint that more popular stores will have more competition, so if you’re buying you’re likely to see lower discounts and as a seller you may need to sell for less.
The most popular brands on the Raise app include:
- Best Buy
Gift cards for the more popular stores tend to sell more quickly, even if there is only a small discount. So, if you want to save money on your weekly groceries, even saving just 1% can quickly add up.
More popular brands of gift cards sell more quickly
Raise Customer Support
Raise offers superb customer support. In addition to a comprehensive FAQ section, there is support email and phone support that is available Monday through Friday, 9 am to 7 pm central.
You can also select a card from your purchase or sales history and report any problems relating to this order online.
This variety of options to contact the Raise support team makes this platform far more accessible compared to many of the other app related companies.
Raise Pros & Cons
- Save money on your purchases: You don’t need to just buy cards to use for gifts. If you’re planning a purchase, you can buy discounted gift cards to save money. Either option has quick Raise processing times.
- Access other discount codes: The Raise app does beyond a gift card marketplace, you can also find discount codes to further save on your purchases.
- Solid customer support: Unlike many other app platforms, the Raise app offers support via email, phone, direct contact from particular transactions or even the FAQ page.
- Easy to use: The app has a clean layout, making it easy to use, whether you’re buying or selling.
- It is an open marketplace: Some Raise app review comments highlight disappointment with the offerings. So, you may not be able to find the specific gift card you’re looking for.
- Discounts are not always significant: Many cards are only discounted 1 to 5%, additionally, Raise does take a 15% commission when you sell a card.
- No sales guarantees: There are Raise app review comments that express disappointment at not selling their cards. This is because Raise is an open marketplace, so there are no guarantees you will sell your specific card.
- Additional Fees: If you’re selling a physical card, there is an additional fee of 1% or $2.75, whichever is greater.
What are Raise Alternatives?
The Raise app is not the only discount gift card marketplace. Platforms like Gift Card Granny or CardCash also offer some great options. These can offer discounts if you’re looking to buy cards.
However, Raise is one of the few platforms that allow you to set your own discount when you’re selling a card. This can make a difference to getting the best possible amount for your unwanted cards.
How Fast do Cards Sell on Raise?
There are no hard and fast rules on how quickly cards will sell on Raise. Your selling time will depend on the specific brand, the discount you offer and the current market conditions.
However, after your card sells, you will receive an email that confirms when the funds are available for you to withdraw.
ACH direct deposits can take up to three business days to arrive in your bank account. PayPal payments take the same amount of time, but there is a $5 minimum withdrawal.
You can also request a check, but this not only incurs a $30 fee, but it can take up to 14 days for delivery.
So, while there are no guarantees of how quickly your card will sell, you can be assured that you will be able to receive your funds within a matter of days after the sale.
Is Raise App Worth it?
The Raise app can be a good option if you want to make a little extra cash from your unwanted gift cards. It can also be a great way to save some money when you’re making purchases. You can buy discounted cards for stores where you make purchases and typically save 1% to 5%.
Raise also allows you to earn cash back on purchases and access discount codes or other rewards.
While there is a 15% commission on any cards that you sell, you can set your own discount rate and simply wait for a buyer to purchase your card. Raise will then handle all the other aspects of the transaction. They will simply message you to confirm when your funds are available for withdrawal.
How Long Does Raise Take to Process?
Raise ships physical cards in three to 14 business days. However, electronic gift cards are processed within 24 hours and delivered instantly.
Can You Return a Raise Gift Card?
Every purchase made through the Raise app is final. But, the company does offer a one year money back guarantee. This applies should there be any issues that prevent you redeeming the card with the appropriate merchant.