DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
The content is for informational purposes only. Conduct your own research and seek advice of a licensed financial advisor. Terms.
Best Ways to Make Money Charging Scooters
Make Money Charging Scooters with Bird Charger
What is Bird Charge and how it works?
If you’re looking for a job to do during your spare time, you can make money charging scooters. Bird charging allows you to earn extra cash by simply downloading the app from their site, which you use to locate scooters.
Once you download the app, you will need to toggle the flyer mode. You will then get access to the map that shows you where the birds are and how much they are worth. Birds in private property or those hidden in the bush attracts higher pay than those that are easy to find. After locating the bird, you will need to charge them overnight and return them by 7.00 am so they are ready for commuters.
Electric scooters are popular in large cities such as Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and San Francisco and enable people to get around quickly. Bird is a scooter-sharing startup that locate the scooters and charge them before releasing them to owners the following day.
How much can you make charging scooters with Bird Charger?
The company allows you to release three scooters at a time, and after dropping them off, you’ll be paid your quote price for each. Your earnings may reduce if you delay releasing the scooters and if the battery charge is below 95%.
Each scooter may earn you between $4 to $5 after dropping them off. However, these are basic earnings since you need to incorporate other charges such as electricity bills.
The more you charge scooters, the more money you make, and supercharging at least 100 scooters can earn you up to $400 per week
If you’re in Los Angeles, companies such as Perch provide charging ports or a scooter charging station where you may charge the scooter.
Bird Charger requirements
As you already know, you must reside in a state or city where the Bird company operates. The first step is downloading the Bird app from Google Play or the App Store, then sign in with the following details.
- Enter your full names
- Provide bank details for receiving your earnings
After filling in with your details, the Birds team receives your application and will contact you depending on the availability of the charging jobs.
How to start charging scooters with Bird Charger?
To join the network, you need to check on the map on Bird’s website and find out if the company operates in your area. After that, you can submit your application.
The following list will guide you in the selection process.
|Salt Lake City||UT|
After approval, the company sends you several items to get started; these include a power brick and wall plug. However, you can get more charging gear if you become consistent as a worker, consequently increasing your earning potential.
After receiving the supplies, you can now start bird hunting within your location and make money when you charge and drop off the scooper. Typically, you can use the map in your app to locate a scooter near you and drive towards it. After finding the scooter, scan its unique QR code, load it in your trunk and continue searching for another.
When you get home, it’s now time to plug the scooters into electric sockets and charge overnight.
Pro tips to earn more money with Bird?
Even though it’s a fun and exciting way to earn money, making money on your Bird scooter charging job is not guaranteed in some areas. At times, there’s too much competition from people offering the service, so you need to have the right strategy to make money.
Here are the pro tips to make money charging scooters with Bird:
- Proper timing can help you catch more scooters, and you need to be very fast so that another hunter doesn’t get to the scooter before you. In addition, you’ll find that few scooters require charge during the day; therefore, the best time to locate one is before 10 pm.
- There is a possibility of hunting many scooters if you have enough space in your car. Therefore, you can invest in a car with a large trunk to accommodate many scooters.
- It’s vital to have many supplies to enable you to charge as many scooters as possible, including investing in the right gear. For example, a magnetic phone mount makes it easier to scan the QR code after capturing the scooter. In addition, a flashlight can illuminate dark places at night, and a surge protector is valuable when you’re charging many scooters.
- Drop them on time before 7.00 am as delaying will lead to lower pay and releasing the scooters early enables you to secure more supplies from the company for your next charging job.
- Always ensure the scooter is fully charged since Bird lowers the rate if the scooters have less than 95% charge.
- Joining teams is yet another way to increase your earning potential because it’s easier to navigate different locations when you work with other people; for example, have someone drive the car while you hunt for the scooter.
Make Money Charging Scooters with Lime Juicer
What is Lime Juicer and how it works?
You can also make money charging scooters with Lime Juicer, which also uses the same concept as Bird. It lets you hunt for scooters in your location and charge, thereby earning some money.
However, Lime Juicer earnings are higher compared to Bird’s . On the flip side, Juicer services are limited, and you can only work in the evening and morning hours, but, like Bird, you can still make some decent amount with the right strategy.
How much can you make charging scooters with Lime Juicer?
Charging scooters with Lime can earn you between $5 to $12 per scooter; however, you can increase your earnings by having many supplies and charging several scooters per day. Hunters can make up to $60 per night and up to $200 per week, depending on the number of scooters they charge.
The more scooters you charge, the more you know the areas with high density and over time you’ll manage to spot them quickly and increase your earnings. With experience, you’ll discover how easy it is to spot a scooter without much struggle, and hence the more you can earn.
Lime Juicer requirements
There are several requirements to make money charging scooters with Lime Juice.
- You must be over 18 years old with valid identification documents
- You must have a car for picking and dropping the scooters
- Have a driving license
- Have safety gear such as a helmet
- A smartphone for downloading and using the app
If you meet the above requirements, the next step is to sign up on Lime’s website and wait for a response from the company. Unfortunately, you may have to wait for some time before getting a response if there’s competition in your area.
Then, the company sends you a How to Juice form, a W-9 form to fill and an agreement to sign.
How to start charging scooters with Lime Juicer?
Before you get started on your Lime scooter charging job, you’ll receive a set of rules on how to buy a scooter charger, and generally, each scooter charger goes for $19.
After purchasing the chargers, you can now start hunting for scooters and make money.
The tips to earn more money are the same as with Bird, for instance, invest in the right gear, have a large track and start hunting at the right time. In a nutshell, in order to increase your chances of earning more, it’s vital to follow the rules and have the right strategies in place.
Lime Juicer vs. Bird Charger
Lime and Bird offer a platform for people to earn money through charging scooters. However, there are similarities and differences, and below are some facts you need to know.
- Both companies have a similar model where you start by downloading the respective apps from Google Play or the App Store.
- The first difference is that Lime takes environmental conservation seriously by tracking the carbon emissions saved per ride; however, Bird scooter doesn’t have this feature.
- When it comes to payment, you’ll realize that your earnings will depend on several factors, such as the drop off time and whether the scooter is fully charged.
- Bird’s rate offers a rate of $3 to $20 per scooter; however, this may change if you submit the device rate and if it’s not fully charged.
- On the other hand, Lime offers a $5 to $12 per scooter and may reduce the pay if you fail to meet certain requirements. Further, Lime may also withhold your earrings if you fail to meet certain standards and revoke your status at any time.