DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
DeliverThat is a food delivery platform that offers high paying gigs (paying up to $32 per hour) for delivery drivers. If you own an insured vehicle and are looking for a full time job to simply a way to earn a side income, delivering orders with DeliverThat is one of the best options out there. In addition, the company pays its drivers twice a week, making it very convenient to work for them.
- High earnings potential – earn between $25 ot $32 per hour, which is significantly higher than what most other food delivery platforms offer.
- Regular payment schedule – you will receive your earnings via direct deposit 2 times per week, so you won’t have to wait too long to get paid.
- Widespread availability – the company services over 7000 zip codes in over 90+ US cities, so you are likely to be able to find job openings near you.
- Flexible working schedule – work as many or as few hours as you want each week. Maximize your earnings by working during peak hours of 5pm to 9.30pm.
- Delivery equipment not provided – you need to purchase your own delivery equipment such as thermal bags from the company’s website from $3.99 per bag.
- Only 1 type of vehicle allowed – delivery drivers can only delivery via car and not by bicycle because many of the orders are for catering companies.
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Delivery Driver Jobs
Earn $25 per hour plus keep 100% of your tips (4000 cities in USA)
You can use any mode of transportation: your car, bicycle or motorcycle
You have the freedom to pick and choose which orders you want to accept
Make around $12 per hour + tips and create your own flexible schedule
No resume, interview or delivery experience required, and no dress code
Cash your earnings out up to $500 a day (free for Chase Bank customers)
DeliverThat Review: What is DeliverThat?
Based in Canton, Ohio and founded in 2013, DeliverThat is a courier delivery service specializing in last-mile deliveries in the United States and Canada. It offers on-demand delivery services for restaurants in the food catering industry.
Deliver That is committed to providing an efficient and effective delivery service to customers. The company has developed new and innovative ways to improve the delivery process to achieve its goals. Currently, the company serves over 7 million customers across US major cities.
How Does DeliverThat Work?
DeliverThat allows you to;
- Provide excellent customer service to DeliverThat partners and their customers.
- Ask the customer to provide feedback and rating.
- Wear appropriate clothing when delivering orders.
- Receive notifications from restaurants.
- Maintain communication with the in-house support team.
- Troubleshoot and address any issues that may come up while delivering an order.
- Accept or decline orders based on your availability.
- Have a basic familiarity with smartphones and technology.
Who is DeliverThat Best for?
How Much You Can Make With DeliverThat?
DeliverThat delivery drivers earn $25 to $32 per order depending on the company or restaurant you work for.
DeliverThat Benefits: What Does DeliverThat Offer?
Regular Job Opening
Flexible Working Hours
You are free to work when you want and where you want.
Intuitive User Website and App
You can easily browse through the app or website to find gig work. The app is also available on both Android and iOS devices.
DeliverThat has partnered with over 120 licensed retailers and vendors to ensure safe and reliable deliveries to customers.
Where is DeliverThat Available?
DeliverThat is currently available in the following states:
|Arizona||District of Columbia||Iowa||Nebraska||Pennsylvania|
|British Columbia||Georgia||Massachusetts||New Jersey||Oklahoma|
|California||Hawaii||Michigan||New York||New Mexico|
|Colorado||Illinois||Minnesota||North Carolina||South Carolina|
To become a delivery driver with DeliverThat, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Possess a valid driver’s license in the country you are applying for.
- Should be eligible to work in the country you are applying for.
- Must have a bank account to receive payment.
- Must be responsible and details oriented.
- Must have good communication and customer service skills.
DeliverThat Costs to Consider
As a delivery driver, you will be responsible for;
- Cost of owning a vehicle; your vehicle must have sufficient space to store the orders.
- Cost of delivery equipment; you will meet additional costs when buying food-safe and insulated thermal food delivery bags used to maintain the food quality while in transit.
- Your travel expenses when delivering food or any other product.
- General car maintenance.
- Regularly reporting your earnings and paying taxes.
DeliverThat Payout Terms and Options?
DeliverThat pays you via direct bank deposit twice a week. You can request to withdraw your cash once you hit the minimum threshold of $40.
DeliverThat Reviews: is DeliverThat Legit?
Most drivers described DeliverThat as a safe and legitimate platform. Other drivers praised the app for offering competitive hourly rates and flexible working hours. Most drivers also applauded the company for having an active and responsive support team.
However, some drivers complained that there aren’t enough gigs, especially in cities and states with lower catering and delivery demand. Others also argued that the order system used by the company only favors some drivers.
What Are the DeliverThat Pros & Cons?
- Competitive hourly rate of $25 to $32.
- Flexible working hours; work full time or part-time.
- Live support team to help drivers address any issues they might face while delivering orders.
- Friendly work environment.
- There aren’t enough gigs in cities with lower catering and delivery demand
- Gig allocation system only favors some drivers.
How Good is DeliverThat Support and Knowledge Base?
DeliverThat has a frequently asked questions page, articles, tutorials, guides, and conducts regular training for new drivers. You can also contact them via email or live chat service to get answers to some of your technical questions.
DeliverThat Review Verdict: is DeliverThat Worth It?
DeliverThat is a reliable platform that pays gig workers a competitive hourly rate of $25 to $32. It also allows you to enjoy flexible working hours and have the ability to choose gigs or jobs that best suits you. Additionally, it is easy to sign up and get started on the worksite.
Even though there aren’t enough gigs in certain cities, DeliverThat is a good company for drivers looking for an active side hustle.
How to Start Earning With DeliverThat?
Step 1: Sign Up for An Account
First, start by visiting the company’s careers website and signing up as a delivery driver. On the website, you’ll be able to see the cities that DeliverThat is hiring drivers in.
Once you have found a city where you would like to work as a delivery driver in, click on the “Apply” button. You will then be asked to fill in your details on a form.
Step 2: Provide Your Information
To apply to be a delivery driver, you will need to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Mobile phone number
- Zip code
- Any rideshare or delivery gig experience
- Goals with delivering with DeliverThat
- Are you legally eligible to work in the United States or/and Canada?
- Are you over 18 years of age?
- Are you comfortable using your own vehicle to complete deliveries?
- What type of vehicle will you use to complete deliveries?
Step 3: Use the App to Check for Orders
Once your account has been approved, you will need to download the DeliverThat app. When you want to work, simply open the app to check for orders. When an order appears on the “Jobs” page of the app, accept it to begin working.
Step 4: Deliver the Order
Once you have accepted an order, the app will then tell you the location of the restaurant. Then, you will need to travel to the restaurant to pick up the order.
After you have collected the order, store the order in a food-safe delivery bag and drive to the customer’s location to complete a delivery.
Sites Like DeliverThat
|Pay Per hour||$25 – $32||$20||$12 to $15||13|
|Payment Schedule||Twice a week||Weekly||Weekly||Weekly|
|Best for||Food Delivery||Food delivery||Food delivery||Delivery services|
DeliverThat vs. Doordash
Doordash is a gig economy app that allows you to make extra income delivering food. Like DeliverThat, Doordash is free to sign up and use. Compared to DeliverThat, Doordash has over 22 million active users on its platform.
While Doordash’s payment schedule is weekly, DeliverThat releases payment twice per week. Regarding payment, DeliverThat pays $25 to $32 per hour compared to Doordash, which pays $20 per hour.
DeliverThat vs. Grubhub
Unlike DeliverThat, Grubhub allows you to make deliveries by bike, scooter or motorcycle. As for earnings, DeliverThat pays $25 to $32 per hour compared to Grubhub, which pays $12 to $15 per hour. The minimum age requirement to work for Grubhub is 19 years compared to DeliverThat, whose minimum age requirement is 18 years.
DeliverThat vs. GoPuff
GoPuff is a gig workers website that allows you to earn extra cash delivering food, snacks and alcohol in select markets. While both apps help in food delivery, DeliverThat mainly focuses on last-mile food deliveries across US and Canada.
Both platforms allow you to choose your working hours and clients to work with. Like DeliverThat, you can earn more tips during peak periods. Moreover, DeliverThat pays drivers twice a week, compared to GoPuff, whose payment schedule is weekly.
|DeliverThat Alternatives||Earning Potential|
|Uber Eats||$8 to $12 per hour|
|GrubHub||Around $12 to $15 per hour|
|Postmates||Minimum of $4 per delivery and guaranteed earnings of $500 per every 30 deliveries completed|
DeliverThat vs. Uber Eats
Regarding payment, DeliverThat offers a competitive hourly rate of $25 to $32 compared to Uber Eats, which pays $8 to $12 per hour after accounting for the fees the platform charges them.
Like DeliverThat, Uber Eats also provides you with a platform to make money online. Nevertheless, Uber Eats is a better company to work for, especially in cities where DeliverThat experiences low delivery demand and there are insufficient gigs for drivers.
DeliverThat vs. Postmates
Postmates drivers can earn up to $1500 per week since drivers are guaranteed a minimum earning of $500 per 30 orders. On the other hand, DeliverThat pays drivers $25 to $32 per hour. Like DeliverThat, Postmates also uses direct bank deposits to make payments.
Moreover, Postmates can be a good alternative to DeliverThat because it operates in many cities. While DeliverThat releases payment twice a week, Postmates payment schedule is weekly. Both platforms are good alternatives to consider if you are looking for a gig economy job in food delivery.
Other Sites Like DeliverThat
Alternative Gig Economy Jobs
Can you make money with DeliverThat?
DeliverThat average pay per hour ranges from $25 to $32, suitable for drivers looking for a part-time hustle to supplement their primary income.
Is DeliverThat a good company to work for?
Deliver provides you with a friendly working environment. Additionally, the customer support agents are always ready to attend to your needs or questions.
How can I contact DeliverThat support?
You can contact customer service by email or live chat available 24/7. You can also reach out to them via LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
When can I start getting orders from DeliverThat?
Once your online application is accepted, download the app, then browse through the app to find available orders.
What makes DeliverThat to be different from other delivery apps?
DeliverThat offers competitive hourly pay, a friendly work environment and responsive customer support agents ready to attend to your needs.