Zazzle is an online eCommerce marketplace where designers and customers can buy and sell customizable products that are made to order, such as clothing, posters and more. The company has been around since 2005 and currently has over 300 million products listed on its platform. You can design a product and upload your design to Zazzle to earn some extra cash when someone purchases your design.
- 3 different ways to earn with Zazzle – you can earn by designing products which Zazzle will make, making your own products, and promoting products.
- Earn passive income – once you create a design and upload it, you will earn every time someone orders it. Top designers can earn up to $200 per day.
- Choose your own royalty fee – you can decide how much you want to charge for your design. You can even set a royalty fee of up to 99% if you want.
- No fees to join – it is free to join the platform and start listing your designs for sale. You can also upload 1000+ designs since there is no limit.
- High competition – with over 300 million products and designs listed on the platfrom. it may be hard for your design to stand out from the crowd.
- Long waiting time for payments – at the end of each month, all your earnings in that month will be locked up for 30 days before being processed.
How Does Zazzle Work?
- Upload your designs on Zazzle marketplace.
- Generate royalty on your original work.
- Discover, customize and purchase designs.
- Network with other fellow designers.
- Sell your designs and make money.
- Access templates you can use to design digital and physical products.
How Much You Can Earn With Zazzle?
The amount you can earn on Zazzle monthly completely depends on you. You’re the one setting the prices and deciding how many different product designs you want to sell. The more designs you offer, the more you can earn.
Let’s say you’ve designed a coffee mug print and priced it for $18.95. At the rate of 12%, you’ll be getting $2.27 in royalties each time that coffee mug sells. For example, if your goal is to earn $3,000 per month, you’ll need to sell 1,302 pieces of coffee mugs. Or you could add other products to your marketplace and diversify your earnings across multiple product designs.
Who is Zazzle Best for?
Best for artists or creators looking for a platform to create designs and sell them online.
How Can You Make Money With Zazzle?
There are three ways of making money with Zazzle. It can be through
- Zazzle Creator Program; here, you sell your designs or artwork on the Zazzle Marketplace
- Zazzle Maker Platform; after manufacturing or making physical products, you can sell them through the Zazzle Maker Platform and get rewarded.
- Zazzle Associate Program; you make money as an associate by sharing Zazzle links on the Zazzle marketplace or your website.
Sell Your Images on Zazzle as a Designer
As a designer, you can create images for different uses – for digital or physical products. While Zazzle offers you templates to create designs easily, you can also upload your custom designs.
Here’s how selling your images on Zazzle works:
- You upload your designs on the Zazzle marketplace.
- A customer likes it and purchases it.
- Zazzle processes payments and handles customer service.
- Zazzle prints and ships your products to your buyers.
- Finally, Zazzle sends you payment – a percentage of the sale.
Become a Zazzle Associate
Zazzle offers an Associate Program that works just like an affiliate link-sharing program. You’ll get a commission from the sale for each customer you refer to Zazzle through your affiliate link.
The associate program is a great way for you to make additional money if you have a blog, an engaged social media following, or just a lot of friends who would be interested in Zazzle.
How to Make Money as a Zazzle Associate?
How Does Zazzle Associate Program Work?
Zazzle Associate Program is a regular affiliate program where you earn a commission each time a customer buys from your link.
All you need to do is claim your associate ID and links that you can share with your friends to your followers on social media platforms, blogs, or websites.
Zazzle Commission Rate
The Zazzle Associate Program commission rate for each purchase is 15%. Plus, if your customers make a high volume purchase on Zazzle, you’ll get 17% of that sale.
Zazzle Associate Payments
You can withdraw your Zazzle affiliate earnings via check or PayPal. Note that the minimum payout is $50.
Zazzle Promotional Tools
Along with affiliate links, Zazzle offers you promotional banners that you can place on your website. You can use the Zazzle promotional tools to rank high on the Zazzle marketplace and get more product purchases.
Zazzle Royalty Percentage
You can choose your royalty rate based on how much you value your work (up to 99%). However, Zazzle recommends royalties between 10% and 15%, with an average of 12%.
The royalties you choose will determine your product’s final price as well.
Product final price = the base price + the royalty.
For example, if you price your coffee mug design for $18.95, you’ll be getting $2.27 in royalties at 12% each time your coffee mug sells.
What Sells the Most on Zazzle?
While there’s no limit in what you can sell on Zazzle, there are still some categories that outperform the rest.
Here’s the list of most popular products sold on Zazzle:
- Wedding invitations
- Greeting cards
- Business cards
- Electronics and tech accessories (e.g. phone cases)
- ID badges
- Face coverings
What Can You Design on Zazzle?
With Zazzle, you can design:
- Physical products like t-shirts, face coverings, coffee mugs, etc.
- Zoom virtual backgrounds
- Business cards
- Snapchat filters
- Youtube banners and thumbnails
- Flyers and posters
- Social media posts
Once sales are made, Zazzle takes care of everything from fulfillment to shipping and customer service.
Zazzle Benefits: What Does Zazzle Offer?
Zazzle allows you to create designs and store them on your private image page so you can use them later to create new products.
Post Products to Sell
You can share your products with potential buyers through Zazzle marketplace or your blog and start earning money.
Create More Stores
You can create additional stores and customize them to sell different items you wish to sell on Zazzle platform.
Add Your Blog
You can use your blog to leverage your marketing campaigns on Zazzle platform.
To get started on Zazzle, you need to;
- Must be 18 years and above.
- Connect your Zazzle account to PayPal or a bank account.
- Must have good communication and customer service skills.
- Must post your own created images.
- Must adhere to company copyright terms and conditions.
It is completely free to use the Zazzle platform. However, you will be rewarded with a certain percentage on the products you manage to sell.
Zazzle Payout Terms and Options?
Each earnings cycle is followed by a 30 day or clearance period. After the clearance period, Zazzle will release the funds you accrued in the past month. For example, your January earnings will be cleared in February, and you’ll receive them by the middle of March. You can choose to accept Zazzle payments via check or PayPal.
Zazzle Reviews: is Zazzle Legit?
Most customers praised the company’s support team for their reliability and patience when offering assistance. Other customers also like Zazzle because it allows you to set your royalty rate.
Unfortunately, some customers complained of low-quality products and limited options for store customization. Overall, Zazzle is a reliable platform, and I would recommend it.
What Are the Zazzle Pros & Cons?
- 3 ways of making money on the platform.
- Allows you to create designs and promote the Zazzle marketplace.
- Opportunity to set your royalty rate.
- A great variety of templates you can use to create your designs.
- No upfront fees and it’s free to join the platform.
- Limited options for store customization.
- The quality of some products may not be the best.
How Good is Zazzle Support and Knowledge Base?
Zazzle has a dedicated support team available 24/7 via chat or email. It also has a comprehensive knowledge base, including FAQ pages, articles, and blogs. You can also contact the support team by filling out the ticketing form and submitting it. You can as well get the latest information about Zazzle in the Zazzle Forum.
Zazzle Review Verdict: is Zazzle Worth It?
Zazzle is a reliable and solid online marketplace and an on-demand designer marketplace that offers you a great selection of templates for various digital and physical products. Once your associate affiliate earning reaches a minimum of $50, you can withdraw through PayPal or Check.
It is free to join the platform and allows you to choose your royalties. However, it might be tricky for beginners on the platform to choose royalty rates. That’s why I recommend you put in a lot of research and thinking before choosing your royalties. So, selling your images with Zazzle is worth trying.
How to Start Earning With Zazzle?
Start Selling Your Images on Zazzle
Joining Zazzle as a designer and selling your work is a straightforward process.
Here’s the step-by-step guide to start selling your images on Zazzle:
- Create your Zazzle account
- Click ‘Create a Store’ under ‘My Account to open a free designer store and pick your store name.
- Create a design – choose a product to which you want to apply your design. Then either create your design using the design tool or upload your existing image. The visual tool allows you to arrange and resize different design elements to fit the product as desired.
- Post your sale design – when you’re satisfied with your product, click the ‘Post for sale’ button to publish it on the Zazzle marketplace.
- Finally, you’ll make money each time your design sells. Zazzle offers a ‘Name Your Royalty’ program that allows you to specify how much you make through each sale.
Sites Like Zazzle
|Pricing per month||Free||Starts from $14.99||Starts from $29.95||Starts from $29|
|Trial period||30 days||30 days||90 days probation period||14 days|
|Best for||Online designs||Online shopping||Business-to-consumer sales||Online store|
Zazzle vs. Amazon
While Amazon is the best platform for online shopping, Zazzle is an online marketplace with millions of creators, artists, and makers. Both platforms have a 30-day free trial. Like Zazzle, Amazon is also available worldwide.
Compared to Zazzle, Amazon’s pricing plan starts from $14.99 per month. Amazon has over 76.45 active million users on its platform compared to Zazzle has a customer base of 30 million.
Zazzle vs. eBay
Zazzle and eBay allow users and customers to turn their online business ideas into successful online businesses. While eBay has a 90-day probation period, Zazzle offers a 30-day free trial to customers and designers.
Additionally, Zazzle is best for creating online designs compared to eBay, which is mainly best for Business-to-consumer or consumer-to-consumer sales. Like Zazzle, eBay also allows you to use your blog to leverage your marketing campaigns.
Zazzle vs. Shopify
While Shopify powers over 500000 websites, Zazzle only hosts 16 domains worldwide. Regarding free trial, Zazzle offers a 30 day free trial compared to Shopify’s 14-day free trial.
Zazzle vs CustomInk
Unlike Zazzle, CustomInk only gives you an opportunity to design physical products, such as t-shirts, apparel, face coverings, drinkware, bags and other accessories. Moreover, you can’t sell your designs through CustomInk, you can only design the products and sell them anywhere.
Like Zazzle, Custom Ink also has reliable customer service available 24/7. Both sites are free to join and use.
Zazzle vs Teespring
Teespring is an e-commerce platform that lets you create and sell custom apparel, socks, accessories, phone cases, and mugs. If you’re looking for more diverse product opportunities, Zazzle is a better option as it allows you to sell digital products and physical ones.
Zazzle vs CafePress
CafePress is a Zazzle alternative that allows you to have your customized online shop where you can sell your designs on more than 250 products. But the main difference between the two platforms is that Zazzle is a more robust, user-friendly, and popular platform compared to CafePress.
What is Zazzle?
Zazzle is a Redwood City-based company founded in 2005. It is an online designer marketplace for customers, creators, and makers.
It provides a platform where artists can sell their designs and make money on unique products through the company’s affiliate program. It has partnered with over 500+ global brands and hosts 16 domains worldwide. The company boasts of having a huge customer base of 30 million worldwide.
What is the minimum commission on Zazzle?
Zazzle’s standard commission is 15% per sale
Are there fees associated with Zazzle Associate Program?
Zazzle Associate Program is completely free.
Is Zazzle trustworthy?
Zazzle is a trustworthy company registered by the California Secretary of State. Additionally, it has a secure payment system and protects your data and information.
Is Zazzle free to use?
Zazzle does not charge any upfront fees. It allows you to share your work with potential buyers at no extra cost.