DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
The content is for informational purposes only. Conduct your own research and seek advice of a licensed financial advisor. Terms.
14 Games Tester Jobs
Twitch is the world’s leading live-streaming platform for gamers. There are multiple ways you can monetize your video game stream on Twitch. Here are some major ways people earn money gaming via Twitch:
- Channel subscription revenue. Twitch allows users to subscribe to your channel, and they split the subscription revenue with you, meaning you’ll get 50% of the subscription fee. Viewers can choose from 3 subscription tiers: 1 – $4.99, 2 – $9.99, and 3 – $24.99.
- Cheers and donations from subscribers. Twitch subscribers typically support their favorite streamers with Twitch currency, called “Bits”. You, as a streamer, will earn $0.01 for every Bit viewers cheer you with. Viewers may also support you with actual cash donations via PayPal or Patreon.
- Ad revenue. There are various ads placed on each stream. You’ll get paid based on how many people have seen the ad on your stream.
- Influencer collaborations. Once you have a loyal and engaged following, you’ll be able to collaborate with brands related to video games and get sponsored to promote their games or products.
Successful streamers earn, on average, $3,000 and $5,000 monthly through subscriptions alone.
Being a Youtube reviewer, you’ll be creating content reviewing the pros and cons of the game and showcasing how it works.
Once your videos get consistent traffic, you could collaborate with game developers to promote their games in exchange for cash.
You can also find affiliate opportunities on ClickBank. As an affiliate, you’ll be paid a commission for each customer you refer to the game.
Average earnings fluctuate depending on your video views and the number of partnerships you’ll get. However, top gamer Youtubers can make over $100,000 monthly.
Nintendo allows you to earn points for playing games and completing missions.
For example, as a beginner, you could earn 100 points for clearing chapter 1 of a certain video game. Simply create your Nintendo account and start playing.
Nintendo points are redeemable for various prizes. For instance, you can get a Super Mario Zipper Case for 800 points.
App Coiner allows you to earn money for reviewing games after you test them through their platform.
To start earning, sign up to test games on your phone or desktop and write honest reviews on the platform.
Bananatic allows you to earn rewards for playing video games.
“Bananas” is a virtual currency Bananatic uses to reward you for completing the missions. 500 Bananas = $1. You can cash your earnings via PayPal or redeem them for prizes like CSGO skins, steam wallet and Amazon gift cards.
Typically, completing all the quests for a game earns you 900 – 2,500 Bananas.
To start earning Bananas, sign up for Bananatic and play to complete missions.
Game Testers Net
Game Testers Net is a platform connecting you with game developers and giving you tasks to test games. The game developers want to roll out the perfect version of the app to the public. You, as a tester, can help them fix the bugs before they publish it publicly.
Average earnings: $50 – $150 hourly.
Game Testers GG
Another platform paying you for testing video games is Game Testers GG. Once you become a member, you’ll be assigned to test various games to identify the errors for developers to fix.
Testing games with Game Testers GG, you will get rewards such as Gold, EXP and GTCOIN. You can then redeem these rewards for products available in the Game Testers Store.
Starting a blog is another way you can monetize your gaming hobby. Simply brainstorm all the questions and topics gamers like you may have and create content accordingly.
Once you have acquired a certain amount of traffic on your blog, you can monetize it in various ways:
- Integrate Google Adsense to get paid for displaying ads to your website visitors.
- Affiliate Marketing – Refer brands related to gaming in your content to earn 5-30% in commission for each new customer they get through your referral. You can find affiliate opportunities on ClickBank and CJ.com.
- Collaborate with brands and create sponsored posts. Blog articles look more authentic than ads. That’s why businesses typically pay bloggers to promote them through their blogs.
Average earnings: $300 to $1,500 per 50,000 monthly views with Google Adsense. To maximize your earnings, use several monetization methods on your blog.
Become a Game Developer
If you are full of ideas and are a skilled software developer, you could become a game developer. As a game developer, you’ll be creating video games yourself.
Gaming companies could employ you to develop games for them or create your own.
Average earnings: $80,000 – $100,000 annually.
Sign With the eSports Team
Signing with an eSports team could open the doors to competing and winning tournaments in a team. You can sign up to start your eSports career regardless of your previous skills and experience.
Average earnings: $1,000 – $5,000 per month.
Start Youtube Channel
Another way to make money gaming is to start a Youtube channel and stream video games as you play. You can monetize your Youtube channel in various ways:
- Collaborate with game developers and charge them for streaming their games on your channel.
- Find affiliate opportunities on ClickBank and CJ.com and earn commissions for each customer that signs up using your affiliate link.
- Place AdSense on your videos and let Google display ads to your viewers.
Earnings potential from the Youtube channel is unlimited. However, it requires a lot of time and dedication since you acquire a loyal audience and start earning a significant amount of money.
Game Jobs is a platform where you can find jobs in the gaming industry. For example, you can apply for a ‘Gaming Enforcement Agent’ position where you’ll be required to monitor gaming floor activities.
Average earnings: $56,500 annually.
Game developers need game testers to ensure the game is free of bugs and errors and ready to be rolled out to the public.
As a game tester, you’ll be required to test video games and identify the bugs they may have. Game testers must replay game levels multiple times to check every storyline version.
Tester Work is one of the best platforms allowing you to make money for testing video games. You’ll be paid either per bug you identify or a fixed fee for conducting a test. The invitation email will show the amount paid for testing the game.
Work as a Video Game Journalist
As a video game journalist, you could earn money for creating content – mostly gaming articles. Video Game Journalism Jobs features various jobs you can apply for and earn as a games journalist.
Average earnings: $49,500 annually.
What Do Game Testers Do?
Game testers get paid to play video games under development to identify bugs and errors before they get rolled out to the public. Testers are required to test games extensively.
As a result, they repeat game levels multiple times to ensure the quality of every possible game variation.
How Much Does it Pay to be a Game Tester?
Game testers typically earn, on average, from $55,000 to $65,000 annually.
If you’re looking to work as a game tester part-time, you could earn, on average, $31/hour.
How Do You Become a Game Tester?
- First, develop your IT and analytical skills. You need to be able to identify the bugs and report them to the developer to eliminate the errors.
- Next, taking the software qualification certificate may increase your chances of becoming a game tester. However, this step is optional.
- Finally, choose the games you want to play as a tester and apply to relevant jobs. This article will list the 14 best game tester jobs you can apply for today.
However, not all game tester jobs require you to have software development skills. You can see the 14 best games tester jobs – most of which don’t require IT skills.
Is Video Game Testing a Stable Job?
While video game testing is challenging, it is still a dream job for many people. In general, game testing jobs aren’t stable.
However, as popular video games are constantly being developed, you will have new jobs periodically. To increase the stability of your job, I would suggest you choose multiple games to test.