DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Best Sites to Earn Some Pocket Money
$1 sign up bonus
$0.50-$3 on average per survey + Branded Elite Program – extra points for active members
Average survey length is 15 min and minimum payout is $10
On average, earn up to $20 each month
Survey times vary – 10 min to 20 min
Surveys are available in 40+ countries
14 Best Games Tester Jobs
Twitch is the world’s leading live streaming platform for gamers. There are multiple ways you can monetize your video game stream on Twitch. Here are some major ways people earn money gaming via Twitch:
- Channel subscription revenue. Twitch allows users to subscribe to your channel and they split the subscription revenue with you, meaning you’ll get 50% of the subscription fee. Viewers can choose from 3 subscription tiers: 1 – $4.99, 2 – $9.99, 3 – $24.99.
- Cheers and donations from subscribers. Twitch subscribers typically support their favorite streamers with Twitch currency, called “Bits”. You as a streamer will earn $0.01 for every Bit viewers cheer you with. Viewers may also support you with real cash donations transferred via PayPal or Patreon.
- Ad revenue. There are various ads placed on each stream. You’ll get paid based on how many people have seen the ad from on your stream.
- Influencer collaborations. Once you have a loyal and engaged following, you’ll be able to collaborate with brands related to video games and get sponsored to promote their games or products.
Successful streamers earn on average $3,000 and $5,000 monthly through subscriptions alone.
2. Youtube (Reviews)
Being a Youtube reviewer, you’ll be creating content reviewing pros and cons of the game and showcasing how it works.
Once your videos are getting a consistent amount of traffic, you could collaborate with game developers to promote their games in exchange for cash.
You could also find affiliate opportunities on ClickBank. As an affiliate you’ll be paid a commission for each customer you refer to the game.
Average earnings fluctuate depending on your video views and the amount of partnerships you’ll get. However, top gamer Youtubers are able to make over $100,000 monthly.
Nintendo allows you to earn points for playing games and completing missions.
For example, as a beginner, you could earn 100 points for clearing chapter 1 of a certain video game. Simply create your Nintendo account and start playing.
Nintendo points are redeemable for various prizes. For instance, you can get a Super Mario Zipper Case for 800 points.
4. App Coiner
App Coiner allows you to earn money for reviewing games after you test them through their platform.
In order to start earning, simply sign up to test games on your phone or desktop and write honest reviews on the platform.
Bananatic gives you an opportunity to earn rewards for playing video games.
“Bananas” is a virtual currency Bananatic uses to reward you for completing the missions. 500 Bananas = $1. You can cash out your earnings via PayPal or redeem for prizes like CSGO skins, steam wallet and Amazon gift card.
Typically, completing all the quests for a game earns you 900 – 2,500 Bananas.
In order to start earning Bananas, simply sign up for Bananatic and start playing to complete missions.
6. Game Testers Net
Game Testers Net is a platform connecting you with game developers and giving you tasks to test games. The game developers want to roll out the perfect version of the app to the public. You as a tester can help them fix the bugs before they publish it publicly.
Average earnings: $50 – $150 hourly.
7. Game Testers GG
Another platform paying you for testing video games is Game Testers GG. Once you become a member, you’ll be assigned to test various games to identify the errors for developers to fix them.
Testing games with Game Testers GG, you will get rewards, such as Gold, EXP and GTCOIN. You can then redeem these rewards for products that are available in the Game Testers Store.
Starting a blog is another way you can monetize your gaming hobby. Simply brainstorm all the questions and topics gamers like you may have and create content accordingly.
Once you have acquired a certain amount of traffic on your blog, you can monetize it in various ways:
- Integrate Google Adsense to get paid for displaying ads to your website visitors.
- Affiliate Marketing – Refer brands related to gaming in your content to earn 5-30% in commission for each new customer they get through your referral. You can find affiliate opportunities on ClickBank and CJ.com.
- Collaborate with brands and create sponsored posts. Blog articles look more authentic than ads. That’s why businesses typically pay bloggers to promote them through the blog.
Average earnings: $300 to $1,500 per 50,000 monthly views with Google Adsense. To maximize your earnings, use several monetization methods on your blog.
9. Become a Game Developer
If you are full of ideas and are a skilled software developer, you could become a game developer. As a game developer, you’ll be creating video games yourself.
You could either be employed by gaming companies to develop games for them or create your own.
Average earnings: $80,000 – $100,000 annually.
10. Sign With eSports Team
Signing with an eSports team could open you the doors to compete and win tournaments in a team. You can sign up to start your eSports career regardless of your previous skills and experience.
Average earnings: $1,000 – $5,000 per month.
11. Start Youtube Channel
Another way to make money gaming is to start a Youtube channel and stream video games as you play. You can monetize your Youtube channel in various ways:
- Collaborate with game developers and charge them for streaming their games on your channel.
- Find affiliate opportunities on ClickBank and CJ.com and earn commissions for each customer that signs up using your affiliate link.
- Place AdSense on your videos and let Google display ads to your viewers.
Earnings potential from Youtube channel is unlimited. However, it requires a lot of time and dedication since you acquire a loyal audience and start earning a significant amount of money.
12. Game Jobs
Game Jobs is a platform where you can find jobs in the gaming industry. For example, you can apply for a ‘Gaming Enforcement Agent’ position where you’ll be required to monitor gaming floor activities.
Average earnings: $56,500 annually.
13. Tester Work
Video game developers need game testers to assure the game is free of bugs and errors and ready to be rolled out to the public.
As a game tester, you’ll be required to test video games and identify the bugs it may have. Game testers typically have to replay game levels multiple times to check every version of the storyline.
Tester Work is one of the best platforms allowing you to make money for testing video games. You’ll be paid either per bug you identify or a fixed fee for conducting a test. You will see the amount you will be paid for testing the game in the invitation email.
14. Work as a Video Game Journalist
As a video game journalist, you could earn money for creating content – mostly articles about gaming. Video Game Journalism Jobs features various jobs you can apply for and start earning as a games journalist.
Average earnings: $49,500 annually.
What Do Game Testers do?
Game testers get paid to play video games that are under development to identify any bugs and errors before it gets rolled out to the public. Testers are required to extensively test games.
As a result, they repeat game levels multiple times to ensure the quality for every possible variation of the game.
How Much Does it Pay to be a Game Tester?
Game testers typically earn on average from $55,000 to $65,000 annually.
If you’re looking to work as a game tester part time, you could earn on average $31/hour.
How Do You Become a Game Tester?
- First, develop your IT and analytical skills. You need to be able to identify the bugs and report them to the developer to eliminate the errors.
- Next, taking the software qualification certificate may increase your chances of becoming a game tester. However, this step is optional.
- Finally, choose the games you want to play as a tester and apply to relevant jobs. This article will provide you the list of 14 best game tester jobs you can apply for today.
However, not all games tester jobs require you to have software development skills. You can see 14 best games tester jobs – most of which don’t require IT skills.
Is Video Game Testing a Stable Job?
While video game testing is a challenging job, it is still a dream job for many people. In general, game testing jobs aren’t stable.
However, as the popular video games are constantly being developed, you will have new jobs periodically. In order to increase the stability of your job, I would suggest you choose multiple games to test.