DollarBreak goal is to empower readers to make better financial decisions. This post may contain affiliate links from our partners who share the same vision. Disclosure.
If you want to share your opinion and make some spare cash, you may have considered Opinion City.
Here we’ll answer the question is Opinion City legit, so you can make an informed decision.
Opinion City is a survey aggregator site that collects the best survey opportunities on the web. While you can’t earn directly through the site, Opinion City will direct you to other good platforms such as Swagbucks, InboxDollars, or SurveyJunkie. Although, you can skip Opinion City and sign up directly.
- Makes it easy to compare survey panels
- Has section for rebate sites
- On average it takes 10-20 minutes to complete a survey
- Offers access to coupons & deals
- Possible privacy issues
- Exaggerated earning potential
Best Paying Survey Sites
Is Opinion City Legit?
One of the first ways to answer is Opinion City legit is to discover its origins. Unfortunately, there is very little information about the platform’s background. The company has been operating since 2017 and has a base in Illinois. However, the parent company, A&A Marketing, registered the brand in 2007.
Opinion City does have an average reputation within the online community. While there are complaints about a lack of response to complaints and poor recommendations, some users praise the platform for providing access to great surveys and online offers.
How Does Opinion City Work?
Companies need consumer data for market research. This information is necessary to create an effective marketing strategy and improve products. Brands, such as McDonald’s, Best Buy, and Dell, have partnered with Opinion City to improve their marketing.
Opinion City acts as the middleman, recommending paid survey sites, such as Panda Research, Ipsos, so users can make money and provide that invaluable market research information.
What is Opinion City Sign Up Process?
The Opinion City sign up process is a little more complex when you compare it to most survey sites. You will still need to fill in your basic information, such as your email address, name, age, location. Once you complete this initial form, you will see a page of special offers or survey panels.
Each of these panels has a “join now” button and a countdown showing the remaining spots. So, you can explore your survey options and sign up for panels that appeal to you.
The restrictions for using the platform depends on the specific panel. However, there are no age restrictions featured in the Opinion City terms and conditions.
How Much Opinion City points are Worth?
Opinion City does not pay users directly, but most of the survey panels Opinion City recommends use dollars rather than points.
How Much Can You Make from Opinion City Online Surveys?
Once you activate your account, you’ll see different survey panel links on your home page. You can click the “Read Full Review” tab to learn more about specific survey panels, but you should click the “Join” button to follow the link to a survey panel.
Not all the links will take you to surveys. There are also promotional offers and membership only movie streaming sites, so you will need to check the terms carefully before signing up.
Most of the survey platforms and panels Opinion City recommends feature surveys lasting five to 20 minutes. Although there are claims that you could earn $75 a survey, these are highly unusual. You are more likely to receive a few cents to $1 for completed surveys.
While these aren’t the highest paying rates, there are new surveys each week, so you’ll always find a survey to complete on the platform. These can be on topics such as clothes, food, movies, television shows, and other interesting subjects.
Alternative Survey Sites
What Are the Other Ways to Make Money on Opinion City?
The Opinion City platform provides access to discounts and shopping rebates. These coupons may not add to your earnings but can save you money on your day to day activities. Opinion City sends out invites to join discount sites that offer coupons or shopping cashback. These include reputable options such as Ibotta and Rakuten and other lesser known platforms.
Newsletter Prize Draw
On the Opinion City landing page, there is an offer to subscribe to the Opinion City newsletter. This will not only keep you updated with the latest platform news, and you’ll also receive a ticket into a Facebook Prize Draw with a prize of $50 each week. If you’re wondering is Opinion City Legit, this regular prize draw supports legitimacy claims.
How to Redeem Points with Opinion City?
Since Opinion City does not directly pay users, the payment method varies according to the specific platform. Some panels offer PayPal, while others offer gift cards and other prizes. Unfortunately, since Opinion City does not pay directly if you do have any queries or problems with payments, you’re not likely to get help from the Opinion City team.
What are the Opinion City Pros & Cons?
- The Opinion City page provides some useful information about the different survey panels, including the rewards, time to complete, and the best feature. This will help you to get an overview of the site and make comparisons.
- If you’re trying to earn a side income completing surveys, trying to find different sites can be a challenge. Opinion City puts lots of different platforms in one place, so you can explore the panels you like and don’t like.
- Many survey aggregators can have a lot of scams, making it difficult to navigate. Opinion City claims to monitor for scams, so you can have confidence using the platform.
- Although there is a contact form on the website, there is no other contact information. This means that if you do have an issue, you need to wait until you receive a reply. There is no phone number to call or even an email address to chase replies.
- Opinion City claims to monitor for scams, but there are some questionable site links. While you will find some legit platforms, you will still need to take care, particularly if a platform asks for your credit card details. This does compromise credibility when people are wondering is Opinion City legit.
- Opinion City features some unbelievable testimonials and claims of earning hundreds of dollars a day. While this may attract people to the platform, this earning potential is exaggerated.
Is Opinion City Worth it?
Opinion City does not have a BBB rating, and its website is basic, so it lacks legitimacy. However, it does provide access to lots of different platforms and affiliate offers.
While there are claims you could make hundreds of dollars a week, this does not appear realistic. If you’re diligent, you should be able to make up to $50 a month. This makes it an option for people who prefer to have lots of platforms in one place and are prepared to check the terms to ensure proper payment.
However, if you don’t like the idea of wading through lots of potential survey sites or are looking to make a full time income, this is not the platform for you.
There is only a contact form on the Opinion City website, making it the only way to contact customer service if you have a problem.
Yes, but you may link to sites that require payment or credit card details to take advantage of the offer.
No, website only.