DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Best Ways to Make Money
Fill Online Surveys
18 ways to earn money – fill online surveys, play games, shop online, watch videos, read emails, find bonus points, complete micro tasks and get gift cards
$5 sign up bonus
Up to 10% cashback
FlexJobs has a rich database of jobs available for every field
It’s particularly easy to sort and find jobs that are most suited for you
FlexJobs guarantees that all its jobs are 100% scam-free
How to Make Money on Facebook? 12 Best Ways
1. Sell or Flip Items in the Facebook Marketplace or a Facebook Buy and Sell Groups
The Facebook Marketplace is a dedicated platform from Facebook where you can list your items for sale. The same thing goes with Facebook buy and sell groups. There are niche groups you can find that are focused on selling stuff through Facebook Marketplace. The things you can sell or flip through Facebook Marketplace are unlimited.
Here’s the list of some of the items you can sell:
- Used electronics
- Video games
- Camera equipment
- Sports equipment
- Musical instruments
- Or any other things you want to get rid of
To list your items for sale, simply open the Facebook Marketplace and click the “Create New Listing” button on the left side of the page. You’ll need to describe your item shortly, upload a few images, and set the price.
Pro tip: You may need to get into negotiations with potential buyers, so bear in mind the lowest price you are willing to sell.
When it comes to payment methods, you’re free to accept your money in any way that’s convenient for you. Plus, Facebook doesn’t charge you any fees even when you sell an item.
2. Create & Monetize a Niche Facebook Group
Facebook Groups are great for sharing, discussion, and networking. They’re also a gold mine where you could get a number of opportunities to earn money.
3 Ways to Monetize Your Facebook Group:
1. Brand sponsorships
With some changes in the Facebook algorithm, it’s getting tough for businesses to reach their followers through organic posts.
But there’s a solution for that. You can partner with brands and get paid to post on Facebook. Businesses are actually willing to pay group admins to get their posts delivered to their target audience. Plus, what’s better than spreading the brand message in a niche group?!
As a Facebook group admin, you’re the main influencer. Think about brands and different services you like to use and love and what your group members could get value from.
Interact with the businesses and let them know you are brand-friendly and willing to collaborate with them. Negotiate the deal with them to share their services and products with the group members who are part of their target audience.
Pro tip: Focus on growing a Facebook group that would provide value to the members about a particular niche.
2. Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn money from the Facebook group. As an affiliate marketer, you’ll be promoting products or services from businesses and get a commission out of each sale made with your link.
You already have an audience who’s interested in certain niche. So why not offer them products and services that they’d find helpful?
How much commission you’ll get as an affiliate marketer will vary from brand to brand. However, you can expect to earn an average of 30% per sale.
You could also search for your group or industry interest + affiliate and find interesting programs for you. Experiment with several products as well as services to understand what your audience likes the most.
3. Charge a membership fee for premium content
Facebook offers Subscription Groups now as well. As a paid subscription group admin, you can charge a monthly fee of $4.99 – $29.99. In exchange for the money, you’ll be giving paid members access to special sub-groups where you post exclusive content.
Exclusive content you can share to your subscription group may include:
- Live videos
- Online course
You can also create an online course on a third-party platform like Teachable and drive traffic to your course landing page from Facebook.
- One-stop-shop platform helping you create, market and sell your online courses
- Website customization opportunity – you have your custom domain and can choose your website template that matches your course look and feel
- You can offer different payment options (Stripe or PayPal account)
- Course completion certificates are offered on the Professional plan & up
3. Buy Stuff on Facebook Marketplace to Re-Sell Elsewhere
Facebook Marketplace can be a great way to source used or even new stuff at discounted prices. Simply look out for the best deals available on Facebook Marketplace and consider reselling items elsewhere.
4. Build Facebook Messenger Chatbots
Another great way to making money on Facebook is to build Facebook Messenger chatbots for various businesses.
Facebook Messenger is a great marketing channel that’s continually evolving, and the demand for chatbots increases.
Consider this as an alternative to an email list. But unlike email marketing, Facebook chatbot allows users to interact with the brand in real-time and get answers to their questions immediately.
Businesses use Facebook Messenger Chatbots for 4 main reasons:
- Promote their new offers
- Entertain and engage their audience
- Provide real-time customer support
- Conduct surveys
2 of the leading Facebook Messenger chatbot builder platforms are ManyChat and Chatfuel. If you’re still unsure how to build a messenger chatbot, you can take an Udemy course to learn everything you need to know.
When it comes to earning potential, you’re free to price your services yourself. How much clients will be willing to pay for your service would depend on your experience and reputation.
On average, you can charge from $30 for a simple 10-interaction chatbot to $250 for a more extensive, 40-50-interaction messenger flow.
- You’re selling a service at the price you set and not your time
- Remain anonymous – Fiverr allows you to remain anonymous and don’t reveal any personal or contact information of yours
- Upsell opportunities. You can increase your Fiverr earnings by offering your clients upsells. E.g. you can offer less delivery time for additional payment
- Seller protection. Fiverr ensures your and your funds’ security on the platform and helps you resolve the case with fraudulent clients
5. Become a Social Media Manager
Social media isn’t going away, and if you’re already addicted to it, firms may be interested in hiring you to manage their social media channels.
The average annual income for a social media manager is $45,000. Many businesses, however, don’t require or desire a full-time employee and prefer to hire freelancers.
This increases your earning potential as you’re free to take on multiple clients who would pay you a monthly retainer to manage their social media.
Social Media Manager responsibilities include:
- Scheduling social media posts
- Replying to comments and private messages
- Creating content: making social media graphics, writing captions, recording videos
- Tracking the metrics and analytics
You can learn everything you need to know about how to manage a business on Facebook through Facebook Blueprint short courses. Plus, you’ll take certifications for each course you complete.
6. Promote Your Services
One of the best ways to earn money with Facebook is to promote your services on Facebook. Digital marketing can strongly influence your business regardless of what kind of service you offer – leverage it.
There are multiple ways you can promote your services through Facebook:
- Regularly post in niche Facebook groups and establish yourself as an expert in the industry
- Create a business page and build awareness about the services you offer by posting valuable content regularly
- Run targeted Facebook ads
- Engage with other accounts in your niche
7. Sell Your E-commerce Products
Since Facebook has roughly 2.85 billion monthly users, it only makes sense to leverage it to sell your e-commerce products.
Whether you have an established online store or just starting out, it’s a great idea to create a Facebook business account and run targeted ads.
In addition, you can also promote your e-commerce products in targeted groups where admins allow it. Facebook Marketplace is also a way to put your e-commerce products in front of people who are ready to buy them.
While you need a budget to run Facebook ads to promote your e-commerce products, selling in targeted groups and Facebook Marketplace is free.
The best platform to create an e-commerce store even without any technical skills is Shopify.
8. Become an Affiliate & Promote Other People’s Products/Services
Even if you don’t have your product or service to offer, you may still make money on Facebook as an affiliate by using your profile.
Consider how this works in “real life”: you discover a product you adore and want to shout about it from the rooftops! As an affiliate marketer, you can post about your experience and include your affiliate link in your content. So when your friends or followers purchase something using your link, you’ll get a commission out of each sale.
How much commission you’ll get for each product or service you promote varies from brand to brand. However, you can expect an average of 30% commission.
But where to find affiliate programs, you may ask. ClickBank and CJ.com are 2 of the most popular platforms to look out for affiliate programs. Alternatively, you can visit your favorite brand’s website and find information about affiliate programs in their website footer.
9. Earn Money From In-Stream Ads in Your Videos
If you have a Facebook fan or business page with a minimum of 1,000 followers, you can monetize your video clips.
It’s quite similar to YouTube – Facebook will automatically place ads in the middle of your video.
As a result, you’ll earn anywhere between $0.97 and $7.19 per click for 1,000 impressions.
Let’s say the ad objective was to get people to like a certain page or download an app. In this case, you could earn from $1.07 per like and $5.47 per app download.
- Have a fan/business page with a minimum of 1,000 followers
- Have at least 30,000 1-minute views on videos that are at least 3 minutes long in the last 60 days
10. Find a Job on Facebook
Facebook can be a great way to find a new job. Simply visit the Facebook job directory where various companies post their job ads and follow the instructions to apply.
What’s good, you can filter the jobs by variables like:
- Job category
- Job type – part-time, full-time, remote, etc.
11. Buy Facebook Stock
Investing in the stock market is one of the most profitable ways to generate passive income and make money. And since the Facebook value is only going up, it makes sense to buy a Facebook stock.
If you’re not sure how investing in the stock market works, let me quickly explain it. Say you’ve bought a share of a Facebook stock. When the Facebook value goes up, you’ll earn a dividend that’s proportional to your contribution.
Best Investment Apps
$5 minimum account investment with $1 monthly fee
Invests spare change automatically
Earn up to 5% cash back with a rewards checking account
Start investing with as little as $5
Buy fractional shares of stocks in companies like Amazon or Apple
Only $1 monthly fee (for accounts under $5,000) or 0.25% annual fee for accounts over 5k
12. Organize Paid Online Events
Another great way to earn money from Facebook is to organize paid online events. Wondering how you can make money on Facebook by organizing events?
Let me explain.
When you have an idea of an online event, you can use Facebook Live function to host it. You can even charge the participants a predetermined fee for attending your live event.
Some of the ideas of paid online events include:
- Small workshop
- Online course
- Fitness, pilates, or yoga classes
- Art class
- Cooking class
Here’s how to create a paid online event on Facebook:
- Visit the Facebook Live Producer page
- Create an event from your Facebook Page
- Select a platform to host your paid online event – Facebook Live or third-party apps
- Choose the location and time of your paid online event
- Enter your event name, description, and cover image
- Pick your event category from the drop-down menu
- Set the price for your paid online event