DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Best Gig Economy Jobs
$1 sign up bonus
$0.50-$3 on average per survey + Branded Elite Program – extra points for active members
Average survey length is 15 min and minimum payout is $10
Earn $15 to $25 per hour
DoorDash allows you to keep 100% of your customer tips
You have the freedom to pick and choose which orders you want to accept.
13 Best Platforms for Hospital Cleaning Jobs
- FlexJobs has a rich database of jobs available for every field
- It’s particularly easy to sort and find jobs that are most suited for you
- FlexJobs guarantees that all its jobs are 100% scam-free
- You get access to its special features for free or at discounted rates (email updates, resume profiles, skills tests, etc)
FlexJobs is one of the leading job search sites. There are usually plenty of job listings including for remote workers. However, there are occasionally hospital cleaning jobs.
This site does require membership to apply for positions, but you can browse the site for free. If you find some opportunities, you’ll need to join.
There are several membership options:
- 1 Week: $6.95
- Monthly: $14.95
- Quarterly: $29.95
- Annual: $49.95
Indeed is a website that aggregates jobs from various career pages and job listing boards. There are typically almost three million active job listings on the platform.
You can scroll through the listings and even create your own online resume.
Potential employers can also get in touch with you directly.
While Indeed is no longer as popular as ZipRecruiter or Google Jobs, it is still a solid choice for job seekers.
CareerJet is a search engine offering job seekers access to an extensive job database. The company curates job listings from recruitment agencies, job boards and specialist sites, scanning over 50,000 websites each day.
There are job listings from more than 90 countries. Employers can list jobs for 45 days or search for candidate resumes.
If you’re unsure about finding hospital cleaning jobs, you may find work with the Handy app. This app connects clients with people offering cleaning and other services. There are some requirements to join the platform. These include:
- Working experience in the field
- A compatible smartphone to run the app
- Good customer service skills
- Authorization to work in the country
You can expect to earn up to $22 per hour on the platform. However, some of the top workers on Handy are earning $1,000 or more per week.
ZipRecruiter is a well known recruitment company. It regularly advertises on television and radio, with direct mailing marketing campaigns.
In recent years, ZipRecruiter has become one of the largest job websites in the USA and has over five million job listings.
You can search for hospital cleaning jobs in your area and then apply with your resume.
SimplyHired collates job listings from a variety of sources including job websites, company career pages, job boards and general web listings.The platform has jobs from over 700,000 employers across 24 countries.
You can browse the listings for jobs. However, what makes SimplyHired stand apart from other job boards, is the resources on offer. There are guides with information to help you create a great resume, write a solid cover letter and secure an interview. There are also tips to help you conduct an excellent interview.
Glassdoor is thought to be one of the best job search platforms. Like most of the sites, you can simply browse the job listings. However, where Glassdoor stands apart is that the site has reviews for each employer from its employees. While this isn’t 100% accurate because of bias, Glassdoor doesn’t remove any reviews. So, you can get a good idea of whether you would like to work for a company.
There are lots of jobs on the site and you can even use the app to search for work on the go. This makes Glassdoor an excellent resource with plenty of opportunities you may not find on other job platforms.
As the name suggests, Care.com has a focus on nursing, elderly care, babysitting, housekeeping and other caring professions. However, you can also find cleaning jobs for private hospitals and facilities. There are some requirements to join the platform.
- Be over 18
- Pass a background and ID check
- Provide a recent photo of yourself.
This will allow access to create a profile and become a member of the Care community. You can then apply for jobs on the website.
Most of the jobs pay $10 to $20 per hour. You may also need to have some specialist skills or previous experience.
9. Career Builder
Career Builder is one of the oldest job sites on this list that continues to be in regular use. There is an impressive database of employers who rely on this site to find candidates for available positions.
You can search for jobs by location, pay range or job title using the site’s search engine. Career Builder also allows you to post your resume, so employers may contact you directly.
Zippia can help you to discover new jobs that meet your specific requirements. The company analyzes data, resumes and job postings to provide company rankings and profiles.
The company has detailed job questionnaires to find the right job and company for you.
Each month, hundreds of thousands of job seekers use this platform to research companies and find a job.
Adzuna is a search engine helping candidates to find a job. The platform collects postings from other jobs sites to make it easier for you to find a relevant job.
While employers pay a flat fee per posting or a pay per click rate, the platform is completely free for job seekers.
Caterer has a focus on jobs in the hospitality industry. While this primarily involves jobs in restaurants, hotels, bars and pubs, there are also jobs in leisure and care facilities.
You can search over 20,000 jobs and apply for any opportunities that appeal to you.
The platform also allows you to:
- Get alerts for jobs meeting your specific criteria
- Quick and easy application
- Save and manage job searches
- Upload your resume for employers to find.
If you’re looking for hospital cleaning jobs, consider using Jooble. This is a free search engine with a focus on job adverts and job hunting. The platform has been in operation since 2006 and is among the most famous job search engines in the world.
Jooble searches thousands of sites and job pages to provide adverts for job seekers. The platform is free to use, but employers need to pay a fee to list jobs. You can search for job postings and get links to vacancy adverts.
LinkedIn is a great resource for networking and finding employment opportunities. Your profile can be seen by potential employers and recruiters in your area and across the country. The platform also has a careers page section where you can search through job listings.
Setting up a LinkedIn profile is easy:
- Fill out the profile details
- Upload a professional photo
- Describe your knowledge, skill set and experience.
You can also set up alerts for hospital cleaning jobs. LinkedIn will email you when any job opportunities open up.
What Does a Hospital Cleaner Do?
Hospital cleaners perform general housekeeping duties throughout the facilities. This may include:
- Cleaning rooms, offices, hallways and public areas
- Emptying trash cans
- Changing linens
- Making beds
- Vacuuming floors
- Waxing tiles
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
The role not only involves ensuring the public areas look clean and tidy, but ensuring the patient’s rooms are sanitized.
How Much Does Housekeeping at a Hospital Pay?
The typical hourly rate varies from $9 to $16 per hour. Some positions also offer bonuses and other incentives. This adds up to an annual income range of $19k to $34k
What Skills Do You Need for a Hospital Cleaning Job?
There are a number of skills necessary for hospital cleaning jobs. These include:
- Physically fit: You will need to operate floor polishing machinery and ensure everywhere is properly clean, so this requires a decent amount of strength and fitness.
- Detail oriented: Germs and bacteria can quickly spread on dirty surfaces, so you need to have an eye for details.
- Discretion: You need to be able to work around people who are feeling unwell, concerned about relatives or even grieving.
- Honesty: There is a high level of trust required to work in a hospital, so you need to be honest.
- Good time management: Hospitals run on tight schedules, so you need to arrive on time and get your work done efficiently.
How Do You Get a Job as a Janitor at a Hospital?
- The most important thing is to update your resume: All employers will require a copy, so it is important that it reflects your latest work experience and current skills.
- Sign up to multiple job boards: There are lots of job boards and websites where you can find hospital cleaning jobs. I’ve detailed some of the best platforms below. So, sign up for a few and be sure to request job update alerts.
- Brush up on your interview techniques: If it’s been a while since you’ve had an interview or you’re a new entry into the job market, practice your interview techniques. Some of the most important skills for this type of work are honesty and reliability, so you need to show these qualities in your interview. Fortunately, there are lots of online resources to help. For example, Indeed has a number of resources to help job seekers.