DollarBreak is reader-supported, when you sign up through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
Getaround is an online car sharing platform that enables you to rent out your vehicle when you are not using it to earn some extra cash. The company has been around since 2009 and currently has over 9 million users. The platform offers numerous benefits for car owners, including free insurance and contactless sharing. There is also 24/7 support for hosts and you can earn up to $6000 per year.
- High earning potential – depending on the model and age of your car, you can earn up to $6000 per year just by renting it out when not using it.
- Regular payment schedule – payouts are processed once per month and you will receive all your rental earnings on the 15th of each month via PayPal.
- Get 24/7 host support from the platform – if you face any issues when renting out your vehicle, you can contact the support team no matter the time.
- Free insurance coverage – hosts receive free insurance coverage of up to $1 million for personal liability, third party liability or property damage.
- Upkeep costs – if you rent out your car, you will need to bear any upkeep or maintenance costs that arise, which may add up to $1000 or more per year.
- Cannot rent out old cars – to rent out a car on GetAround, it must be a passenger vehicle model year 2007 or newer and have less than 200,000 miles.
Jump to: Full Review
Compare to Other Delivery Driver Jobs
Experienced delivery drivers can earn up to $21 per hour ($13 on average)
Choose when you want to work based on your schedule in 1000 cities
Delivery snacks, drinks, grocery, quick meals, cleaning supplies and more
Earn $25 per hour plus keep 100% of your tips (4000 cities in USA)
You can use any mode of transportation: your car, bicycle or motorcycle
You have the freedom to pick and choose which orders you want to accept
How Does Getaround Work?
How Much Can You Make With Getaround?
However, note that the platform charges car sharers a 40% fee to cover their insurance and other costs.
Who is Getaround Best for?
You can set up the app to automatically rent out your car whenever you are not using it. If someone chooses to rent your vehicle, you will make money from the rental.
Getaround Benefits: What Does Getaround Offer?
Insurance and Mileage
Apart from these requirements, you can rent out almost any vehicle on Getaround. You can visit the company’s website to apply for an account as a car sharer and see if your car qualifies for rentals.
Getaround Costs to Consider
Getaround also deducts 40% of your rental earnings as a commission fee.
Getaround Payout Terms and Options
The platform makes payments once per month, on the 15th of each month. You will receive payment for all the rentals completed in the previous month.
Getaround Reviews: is Getaround Legit?
|Review Website||Getaround Review|
|Trustpilot||3.8 out of 5 stars|
|Reviews.io||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|Yelp||2.5 out of 5 stars|
However, the company has received some negative reviews and complaints from users. These reviews were mostly from car renters who were unsatisfied with the quality of the cars they rented. Thus, you are likely to have a positive experience with the website as a car sharer.
What Are the Getaround Pros & Cons?
How Good is Getaround Support and Knowledge Base?
Getaround Review Verdict: is Getaround Worth It?
How to Start Earning With Getaround?
Step 1: Register as a Car Sharer
You will also need to verify your information by signing into your Facebook account.
Step 2: Set Up Your Rental Listing
Step 3: Choose Rental Timings and Rates
Sites like Getaround
|Pay Per Hour||Starting from $5||$15 to $25||Around $12 plus tips||Up to $21|
|Schedule||Choose when to rent out your car||Schedule shifts up to 7 days in advance or work instantly||Flexible||Flexible|
|Best For||Passive income||Highest-paying gig jobs||Free daily withdrawals||Grocery delivery|
Getaround vs. DoorDash
Getaround vs. Grubhub
Getaround vs. GoPuff
Other Sites Like GetAround
Alternative Gig Economy Jobs
What is Getaround?
Getaround also features an app for users to book or rent out their cars from their mobile phones.