11 Free Cloud Storage
Mega is an online resource that provides you with a file hosting service and is available on various platforms such as Linux, Windows, and Mac.
What sets Mega apart from other services is that it offers you massive storage space and has high-level security features thanks to its end-to-end encryption and two-factor authentication. However, it doesn’t have a file-sharing feature, which is a major drawback.
Some of the features you’ll get in Mega include:
- Up to 20 GB of free storage for storing your files or folders
- High level of security with special keys for encrypting your chats as well as files
- It allows you to carry out file or folders synchronization
- You can download up to 1 GB of data after every six hours
- Easy sign up process
- Has up to 20GB of free space
- High level security
- Allows for synchronization
- Easy downloads
- Doesn’t allow sharing
Blomp is a robust cloud service that you can use to store your data privately and safely. One unique thing about Blomp is that it has a very flexible pricing structure that enables you to make monthly payments.
However, it doesn’t have quarterly or annual subscriptions. The free option offers up to 20 GB free of storage every month, whereas you can get a whopping 10 TB when you pay $9.99 per month.
Blomp differs from Mega because it has few features and lacks some security features such as client-side encryption. However, like Mega, you’ll find that it doesn’t have the file-sharing feature.
Blomp has several features, which include:
- You’ll get up to 10 TB of storage depending on the subscription plan
- The subscriptions are affordable, and you can start at the free plan
- Uploading and retrieving folders or files is relatively easy.
- It has mobile applications for iOS and Android devices.
- Has 20 GB free storage space
- The pricing is affordable
- Available in mobile devices as an app
- Easy sign up for your preferred subscription plan.
- Lacks client end encryption
MediaFire is a file hosting and storage feature that manages your digital needs seamlessly. The service is available on your devices such as Android, Web, iPhone, OSX, and Windows platforms.
The unique feature of MediaFire is a file-sharing feature and the fact that it allows bulk upload and download.
MediaFire has the following features:
- The service lets you upload up to 10GB of free data.
- It offers file-sharing options that allow sharing your files via email and social media accounts
- You can upload files to your MediaFire account as links
- Allows multiple uploads simultaneously
- Easy to use
- Allows for multiple downloads and uploads
- Has file sharing option
- Lacks a desktop app
Degoo is an online cloud storage solution that allows you to safely store your files and folders with top-notch security features, including end-to-end encryption.
The maximum storage is 10 TB which is a roomy option to keep your data and files.
This resource offers a sharing option, and therefore you can send files to other people without affecting the quality.
The following features are available:
- The service offers 100 GB free storage limit
- Allows you to share files seamlessly
- Has end-to-end encryption for enhanced security
- Offers Wi-Fi at selected locations
- You can find the app is available in Google Play and App Store
- It has a higher free storage limit of 100 GB
- Has enhanced security features
- Allows for file sharings
- The company changes its policies quite often
Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud storage solutions that offer safe storage for your files.
Other than that, you can get other services such as cloud storage and file synchronization to help you organize your projects.
It works best when working with a team or alone, owing to the large storage size.
Here are the features of Dropbox:
- It provides up to 2 GB of free storage for personal plans
- Allows for synchronization of data between different devices
- You can get the service on Windows OS, Linux, and macOS.
- It has enhanced security features
- You can get the services on various platforms such as windows
- Easy set up and use
- The 2 GB free storage limit is too low
Yandex Disk is a popular file hosting service that lets you store your files on a cloud location for safety and sharing purposes. This service is available on Linux, Windows, and macOS platforms.
The following are features if Yandex Disk:
- The platform enables you to upload up to 50 GB of data.
- Has a free storage limit of 10GB
- You can sync files or data between various devices.
- It offers you access to MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- The platform enables you to download and share files without hassle.
- Allows for synchronization
- Enables you to share files
- Has excellent uploading and downloading speeds
- The storage limit of 10 GB is lower than most options
Google Drive is one of the largest and popular cloud storage providers with innovative features and capabilities. The platform is owned by the largest search engine Google and is widely available across various devices.
The unique thing about Google Drive is that you can sync your files, folders, and photos between different devices such as mobile phones, PCs, and tablets.
You only need to sign-up by creating an email to access Google Drive and up to 15 GB of storage.
Google drive offers these features:
- It allows you to build slides, Docs, and Sheets.
- There is real-time and quick synchronization of data.
- Can work with macOS
- Allows you to create forms for running surveys.
- It integrates with a wide network of apps such as diagram tools and Gantt charts.
- Can store your tiniest to largest files.
- Allows for file sharings
- Has high-level security
- Can work with different platforms such as macOS
- The 15 GB free storage is lower than most options
OneDrive works like Google Drive and is an online storage platform that lets you host your files in safe storage.
The service is free and is available on your Microsoft account; therefore, as long as you have a Windows interface, you can access OneDrive. In addition, OneDrive lets you sync your files on macOS or Windows PC.
The following are the features of OneDrive:
- The platform offers up to 15 GB of data storage size.
- You can use your smartphone to scan various items such as receipts and business cards and store them in One Drive.
- Allows you to choose an expiry date for shared items such as links, files, and business cards, a security enhancement feature.
OneDrive Features Summary
|Storage space||5GB Free||1TB per person ( maximum 6 persons) at $20 per user per month|
- Integrates well with other devices such as smartphones
- Has enhanced security features
- You can share files and folders
- It has a lower storage of 15 GB
Sync is an internet-based cloud service platform to share your files from PCs, smartphones, or tablets. It has high-level security that allows you to share sensitive and confidential data.
Here are the features of Sync:
- It has affordable pricing with different subscription plans. For instance, when you pay $5 per month, you get 1TB of secure storage.
- The platform offers you up to 5GB free storage space.
- Let’s send files of different sizes to different users.
- It can support various platforms such as Android, macOS, Windows, and iOS.
- Offers security to sensitive data
- You can send files of different sizes
- It can support various platforms such as iOS and macOS
- The 5GB storage is too low
It is worth noting that once you start using Sync you may exhaust the 5GB offered. However, you can upgrade to 500GB or 2TB from $60 per year.
If you’re looking for free cloud storage and secure data storage, you can try Internxt. This interface comes with advanced features, including different pricing options and reliable customer service. However, it lacks file sharing service, which is a drawback.
Here are the features of Internxt:
- It offers up to 20GB of free data storage.
- You can use the unlimited data option when you subscribe to the enterprise plan.
- The plans have a zero-knowledge file storage service that enables you to store your files securely and privately.
- You can use the service on your mobile, PC, or tablet and conveniently access the folders on various devices.
- The Internet allows you to access your files offline, and therefore you don’t have to worry about internet connectivity.
- The plan allows the team to collaborate as long as users have user rights.
- The platform offers you a higher storage limit of up to 20GB
- Has high level security enhancements
- Allows you to use various devices
- It lacks the file sharing feature
Icedrive is an internet-based cloud storage service that allows you to manage, update and access your files. It’sIt’s a safe platform where you can share and privately collaborate files with people in a team.
Here are the features of Icedrive:
- The service supports clients’ end encryption through the zero-knowledge interface, ensuring safe storage of sensitive data.
- You can store up to 10 GB of data for free
- The interface is easy to operate and manage different items such as files and folders
- It has a sharing function which is a bonus feature
- It has a file sharing feature
- Has client end encryption for security purposes
- The interface is easy to use or operate
- Has lower free storage limit of 10GB