DollarBreak is reader-supported with the goal to become the ultimate practical resource for making money online. When you sign up or buy through links on this post, we may receive compensation. Disclosure.
- Get paid up to $0.55 per survey
- In addition to earning free gift cards, you can gain access to some excellent discounts
- You’ll earn 2,000 points or $2 for each referral that signs up
- Great customer support
- No cash option, just gift cards
- Limited amount of surveys
Best Money Making Apps
$1 sign up bonus
$0.50-$3 on average per survey + Branded Elite Program – extra points for active members
Average survey length is 15 min and minimum payout is $10
On average, earn up to $20 each month
Survey times vary – 10 min to 20 min
Surveys are available in 40+ countries
What is Dabbl?
Dabble is a money making, free app that allows you to complete small tasks to accumulate gift cards and other rewards.
The tasks include:
- Participating in short surveys,
- Watching short videos
- Answering trivia questions
- Playing interactive games
This makes it a simple way to enjoy some simple tasks and earn a little extra cash.
Is Dabbl Safe & Legit?
The app is part of the AdJoy company brand, which has been operating since 2015. This is an advertising agency that works in digital advertising, mobile advertising and other media. It has offices in both San Francisco, CA and Tampa, Fl.
Adjoy adopted the name Dabbl in 2017. While Dabbl does not have a Trustpilot or BBB rating, it does have a 4 out of 5 rating on the Google Play Store.
How Dabbl Works?
Dabbl is available for both Android and iOS devices. To begin, you need to download the app from the appropriate store. When you open the app there is a welcome screen and a short tutorial.
- You will need to provide your phone number and date of birth. Dabbl requires that users are age 13 and older. You’ll see a pop up screen to confirm your phone number. This is done through a confirmation text and a four digit number.
- You will then need to enter your zip code or give Dabbl permission to use your location.
- This completes the sign up process. You will then be able to navigate to your profile screen and complete some basic demographic information and your email address.
- You can also set your preferences to receive notification alerts. There is also an option to upload your profile picture.
Each time you open the app, you will see a dashboard. From there, you can choose available tasks and you’ll see how many points are on offer for each task.
You can also click on a points counter. This opens up a new screen to show your earnings as a growth wheel.
How to Make Money on Dabbl?
No Dabbl review would be complete without exploring all the ways that you can make money on this platform. They include:
The main way that you can earn on Dabbl is by participating in short surveys. You’ll find available surveys under the Surveys tab. These are usually three to six questions on a variety of tasks. Typically, they are from different survey companies such as Pollfish or Tap Research. The pay varies from $0.02 to $0.55.
There is also an offer wall on the Dabbl app. This may include signing up for a service or downloading an app. These tasks typically only pay a few cents. However, you may find products and services that are of interest to you.
For example, you may get a 75% discount off a wellness product or save money on a subscription.
Of course, these offers are only beneficial if you would like or use the product or service. Otherwise, you will need to be careful to ensure that you don’t incur any charges just to earn $0.03 or $0.04.
There are also short videos that Dabbl will pay you to watch. These are typically 30 seconds long or less. While they only pay approximately $0.01 each, they are a very passive way to make a few cents.
Occasionally, you may need to answer a multiple choice question after you watch a video.
Dabbl also operates a referral program. So you can earn points for referring family members and friends to the platform. You’ll earn 2,000 points or $2 for each referral that signs up. But, you’ll only receive your reward once your referral has accumulated 1,000 points.
After you complete each task, there is a pop up that lets you know how much you have earned. You will then see a quick question about whether you enjoyed the experience. Simply click on the most appropriate emoji face.
There are several titles on the main screen that help you to explore the Dabbl features.
- From Dabbl: This is where you can find “Premium experiences” that are exclusively from Dabbl. This includes offers, short videos and the other quick ways you can earn including your referral code.
- From the Web: This is where you will see other videos to watch and different ads.
- Extra Savings: Under this tab, you will find links to savings opportunities from Dabbl partners.
How to Redeem Points with Dabbl?
As you complete tasks with the Dabbl app, you will accrue points. You can track your earnings on the main Dabbl screen. There is also an earnings meter that counts up to 5,000 points.
Once you reach 5,000 points, you can redeem your earnings as a $5 gift card. These take the form of digital cards, so you’ll receive it immediately.
You can view all the gift card options through the “view available gift cards.”. There are popular retailers and brands including:
- Best Buy
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- TJ Maxx
Dabbl Pros & Cons
- Easy to use: The app has clear sections that explain how to explore all the app features. There is also a Dabbl website with a full FAQ section to help you if you have any issues.
- Access to discounts: In addition to earning free gift cards, you can gain access to some excellent discounts. Dabbl partners with different brands and companies to offer you discounts on products and services.
- Strong customer support: Dabbl has a customer support team to offer help if you have any issues. You can access support through the app or via email or chat support. The support team is available Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm EST.
- Quick tasks: This app is a great option if you’re looking to earn a little cash in a few spare minutes each day. Since the tasks are so quick, you don’t need to worry about making a large chunk of time.
- No cash options: One common complaint featured in Dabbl review comments is that there are no cash options. You can only redeem your earnings as gift cards.
- Limited Tasks: While there are a few ways to earn points on the app, they are not always available.
- Third party surveys and ads: Most of the surveys and ads are third party. So, you can find them on other platforms.
- No video captioning: There are no video captions, so you can’t watch without sound.
Dabbl vs Survey Junkie
As its name suggests, Survey Junkie is primarily a survey platform. You can earn up to 100 points or more per survey. Each 100 points is worth $1.
The key difference between Dabbl and Survey Junkie is the ways you can earn. Survey Junkie may offer the occasional focus group, but mostly you’ll participate in surveys. Additionally, Survey Junkie offers the option to redeem your earnings through PayPal.
Dabbl vs InboxDollars
Like Dabbl, InboxDollars offers a variety of tasks to earn cash. This includes downloading apps, participating in surveys, watching videos and accepting offers. The InboxDollars platform also has a straightforward dashboard, making it easy to browse the surveys and other tasks.
You’ll accumulate points for each complete task. However, it has a far higher minimum cash out. Unlike Dabbl’s modest $5, you need to accumulate $30 before you can cash out with InboxDollars. But, it does provide the option of check, PayPal and gift cards.
Dabbl vs Swagbucks
Swagbucks is another GPT site offering multiple tasks to earn extra cash in your spare time. Each task will earn you Swagbucks (SBs), the platform’s points system. You can earn SBs for participating in surveys, online shopping, downloading apps and watching videos.
In fact, this platform has paid out over $300 million in rewards to its users.
Like Dabbl, the minimum payout is just $5. However, you are not stuck with just gift cards. You can also opt for PayPal cash or Visa reward cards.
Does Dabbl Give You Real Money?
Dabbl provides a great way to complete quick tasks in your spare time. Most tasks only take a minute or two. You’ll earn points for each task you complete. You can then exchange the points you accumulate for gift cards.
So, while you may not earn real money, you can earn gift cards that you can use in your favorite stores or with your favorite brands. You’ll receive digital gift cards almost immediately to your email address. So, you don’t even need to wait to receive a physical card.