DollarBreak goal is to empower readers to make better financial decisions. This post may contain affiliate links from our partners who share the same vision. Disclosure.
Have you ever wished of freedom to work from home and not being dependent on a traditional office environment?
Remote workers found that they are 57% more likely than the average American to be satisfied with their job. Plus, nearly 80% of respondents described their typical stress level during the workweek as either “not stressed” or “moderately stressed”.
If you’ve never had a remote job before, you might be confused where to start. More specifically, you’re probably wondering what job you can do and how to get it.
Stress no more! I will cover everything you need to know to get started working remotely and suggest 18 best remote jobs. Let’s jump right in.
What is a Remote Job?
Typically, when you work remotely, you are an independent contractor. As a remote worker you provide certain services to your clients from a remote location – usually a home office.
Best Freelance Jobs Sites
FlexJobs has a rich database of jobs available for every field
It’s particularly easy to sort and find jobs that are most suited for you
FlexJobs guarantees that all its jobs are 100% scam-free
Real salary data from the 7.5 million jobs posted every day
There are no sign-up or other fees associated
Get access to millions of job postings, including remote opportunities
18 Best Remote Jobs
1. Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is a person who assists businesses with any administrative tasks they might need help with remotely.
Accordingly, depending on the business and employer requirements, your duties as a virtual assistant may include:
- Answering emails
- Scheduling meetings and managing calendars
- Making travel arrangements
- Internet research
- Customer service
- Simple digital marketing tasks, such as interacting with the online community, uploading posts on social media, monitoring analytics, etc.
Virtual assistants make on average $15 hourly.
- Average salary for a virtual assistant
- Skills needed to be a virtual assistant
- Steps to become a virtual assistant with no experience
- 55 virtual assistant jobs from home
As a remote writer, your job would include:
- Doing research in order to understand more about the industry or the topic you’re writing about.
- Organizing, planning and outlining the content.
- Writing content for websites, blogs, social media, Facebook advertisements, video scripts, books/ebooks, magazines, newspapers.
- Make revisions based on client requirements.
As a writer, you can expect to earn on average $25-35 per hour.
- How to become a writer?
- How to find legitimate freelance writing jobs?
- 15 best creative writing jobs
- What are the highest paying writing jobs?
3. Customer Service Agent
Customer service agents usually help customers with their complaints and answer their questions.
Your duties for a remote customer service agent job would include interacting with customers. For instance, you might communicate with them over the live chat, social media messenger, email or over the phone.
- What is remote customer service?
- What is the salary of remote customer service representative?
- How do you become a remote customer service rep?
- 15 best remote customer service jobs and platforms
4. Graphic Designer
Graphic design integrates visual arts with technology to communicate with the audience in order to inform, inspire and captivate them.
Accordingly, your daily job would include developing layout and the final design for advertisements, websites, magazines, reports, etc.
As an experienced graphic designer, you could charge clients on average $65-150 hourly.
- What’s Involved in Motion Design Jobs?
- What Skills Do You Need for Motion Design Jobs?
- How Much Can You Earn as a Motion Designer?
- 10 Best Platforms to Find Motion Design Jobs
If you like educating others, then tutoring might be the best remote job opportunity for you. For instance, your responsibilities as a tutor include teaching students the subjects and helping them to do their assignments using online communication platforms.
Depending on your experience and the subject you teach, you can expect on average $10-40 per hour.
Best place to find a job as a remote tutor is Magic Ears.
- What is an online tutor?
- How much money can you make online tutoring?
- How do I become an online tutor?
- 56 best online tutoring jobs for teachers & college students
Being a translator requires you to convert information from one language to another. If you’re fluent in at least two languages, this job might be a perfect remote opportunity for you.
Accordingly, you can expect anywhere from $26,000 to $125,000 annually based on your level of experience.
- What translators do?
- What is the average salary for a translators?
- How to become a translator with no experience?
- 14 best translators jobs
7. Web Developer
Web developers are responsible for design, functionality and maintenance of the website.
For instance, your daily duties as a web developer will include:
- Cooperating with web designers to match visual design intent
- Writing the code in order to make the web design functional
- Integrating data from various back-end services in order to make the website functional
- Ensuring the website runs smoothly by working on its maintenance
On average, you can earn $5.000 per month as a web developer.
Best place to find a web developer job online is Leftronic.
- What is a web developer?
- How much do web developers make an hour?
- What qualifications do you need to be a web developer?
- How to become a web developer with no experience?
Companies or individuals usually need help from a professional to solve a certain issue or develop their business. Accordingly, as a consultant you’re expected to provide your expertise and advice to people who need it.
Consultations are demanded in various areas, including, but not limited to:
- Marketing and public relations
- Human resources
- Health care
Your hourly wage as a consultant will vary based on your expertise. However, as an experienced consultant, you can charge your clients more than $100 per hour.
Upwork is the best platform to find a job as a remote consultant.
- What Exactly Do Consultants Do?
- How Do You Get Paid as a Consultant?
- What Skills Do You Need to be a Consultant?
- 10 Steps to Become a Consultant
9. Video Editor
Your job as a video editor would be cutting and realigning multiple video footages to get a cohesive story.
If you’re a less experienced video editor, you can expect on average $40 hourly. However, as a video editing professional you can charge your clients anywhere from $75 to $150 per hour.
- What is a video editor?
- How much money can you make editing videos?
- How to become a video editor with no experience?
- 13 best places to find video editor jobs
Bookkeeper’s daily duties include:
- Maintaining records of financial transactions, such as income and expenditures, and posting them to various accounts.
- Processing payments.
- Conducting daily banking activities.
- Creating financial reports.
- Reconciling reports to third-party records such as bank statements.
As a remote bookkeeper, you can expect on average $21 per hour.
One of the best places to find a remote job as a bookkeeper is Bookkeepers.
- What is an accountant?
- How much do remote accountants make?
- How to get remote accountant job with no experience?
- 15 best remote accountant jobs
11. Data Entry Clerk
Working as a data entry clerk, your daily duties will include entering new or updated data into a computer system. For instance, the data usually needs to be transferred from paper into a certain computer software like Excel or CRM.
You can expect to earn on average $19 hourly as a remote data entry clerk.
The best place to find a remote job as a data entry clerk is Upwork.
- Data entry clerks resonsibilities
- Skills needed to be a data entry clerk
- Pros and cons of being a data entry clerk
- 16 data entry jobs from home
12. Social Media Manager
Social media manager’s responsibility is to represent the company across social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.
Your daily duties may include planning, creating and posting content on social media, monitoring interactions and analyzing the overall performance.
Expect to earn from $15/hour as a beginner social media manager to $50/hour as a more advanced one.
- What does a social media manager do?
- How much money can you make as a social media manager?
- How do you become a social media manager with no experience?
- 14 best social media manager jobs
13. Audio Narrator
As an audio narrator, you’ll be required to narrate a written book to turn it into an audio one.
You can expect to earn on average $100-200 for each hour of finished audio.
The best place to find a job as a remote narrator is voices.com.
- What Does an Audiobook Narrator Do?
- How Much You Can Earn as AudioBook Narrator?
- Equipment Required for Audiobook Narrator Job
- 13 Best Audio Narrator Jobs
Transccriptionist’s job is to transcribe the audio files into a written text. Here’s how it works when you work as a remote transcriptionist:
- A client will provide you an audio file
- You have to type as you listen to turn audio into a text document.
Expect to earn $15-$22 per audio hour.
Best place to find a transcription job is TranscribeMe.
- What is transcription as a job?
- How much do you make transcribing online?
- How can you become a good transcriptionist?
- 14 best transcription jobs and companies to work for
As a proofreader, your responsibilities include to ensure the quality of the written content. Accordingly, as a proofreader you are typically required to check and correct the content for:
- Grammatical errors
You can earn between $10 and $50 per hour as a remote proofreader.
The best place to find a proofreader job is ProofreadingServices.
- What is proofreading?
- How much does a proofreader make?
- What skills do you need to become a proofreader?
- 30 best proofreading jobs
16. Content Editor
Content editor’s duties include planning and coordinating, as well as writing and editing content for website and print publications.
As a content editor you can expect to earn on average $14 per hour.
And you can find a job as a content editor through Glassdoor.
- What is an editor?
- How to become an online editor?
- 16 best editing jobs
- Do editors make good money?
17. Audio Editor
Audio editor’s job is to select and assemble sound recordings, including soundtracks and speeches to be applied to video content. Consequently, you could be required to edit audio for music, short videos, TV, film production, etc.
You can expect to earn on average $18 per hour as an audio editor.
The best place to find remote audio editor jobs is ZipReruiter.
- What is an audio editor?
- How much money can you make editing audios?
- How to become a audio editor with no experience?
- 13 best places to find audio editor jobs
18. Photo Editor
Your duties as a photo editor will typically include editing, retouching or manipulating photos using softwares like Photoshop and Lightroom. These manipulations are required to make images more appealing.
Based on your level of experience and degree of editing required, you could charge anywhere between $5 – $55+ per photo.
The best place to sell your photo editing service is Fiverr.com.
- What is a photo editor?
- What do photo editors do?
- How much does a photo editor make?
- 13 best places to find photo editor jobs
How to Find Remote Jobs?
As the demand for remote jobs increases, so do the number of platforms that allow you to find remote jobs. In short, some of the most popular remote job online marketplaces are: